Mixpanel Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 93 interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

1- Written Test, doing some math work. An easy proportion question. 2- Recruiter Screener only to repeat your resume by asking "walk me through your resume" 3- Team member interview and mostly non technical

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself and your background
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Singapore)

Interview

The recruiter reached out and did an initial phone screen. After, I had four individual calls. The final round was a presentation and mini training for a panel. It was a pretty enjoyable process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

After applying through the company's website, I got an email from HR to complete a 30-40 mins front-end development quiz from a third-party provider. The quiz didn't contains only front-end questions. It also covered a wide ranges of "text-book" like questions. I didn't do as well as I wanted on the quiz so I was not surprised when they rejected me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

One the worst interviews I ever had. I think halfway through I felt like stopping it. The guy was monotone and did not seem to care. At the end, he didn't even tried to answer questions, he was basically done and checked out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Jun 2021

Interview

I was given a triple byte exam (40 questions ~2min each) and like the other reviewer for front end, half the concepts didn’t apply. It was pretty much concepts relating to general software engineering not front end. Also some networking types of questions. At the end it shows you where your strengths were and where you suck lol

Interview Questions
  • Accurate statement regarding a code snippet using a DAG.
  • When searching a sorted array when is exponential search faster than binary
  • Why are more apps and frameworks built on immutable data structures

Mixpanel

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

This is my first interview feedback on Glassdoor. I just want company and management to be aware of it and make amends. 1. The interviewer said he would leave time at the end to ask questions - Which he didn't and abruptly disconnected the call. 2. There was no intro nothing, tell me about a hard problem you solved and straight let's solve the problem. I don't think interviewer was interested about the first part at all. 3. I discussed problem, evaluated approaches and wrote code. I can understand every company has their own calibration and I won't judge them for that. I would at least expect interviewer to be respectful and managing time well. Quick tip: If you are interviewing, The expectations is to finish the code within the time provided.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mixpanel (Barcelona) in Apr 2021

Interview

-1st Technical test - 2nd interview with HR - 3rd interview with a senior engineer - 4th "homework" to be sent via e-mail - 5th : 3 * 1 hour interviews with different managers from the support team. During one of the interview (in visio), I was first asked to answer technical questions, prior to a small presentation/intro of myself, my background... I had read the feedback on Glassdor about the automatic-rejection e-mail after 5 rounds of interview, I was hoping it had changed .. but appparently not.. I was expecting a minimum of feedback, rather than : "Thanks for expressing interest and applying to Mixpanel! We appreciate your patience, as we discussed with the team. Unfortunately, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy for the Support Engineer (EMEA) role at this time. Thanks again for your time and best of luck in your search- " from a "no-reply" e-mail address. I was interested in the company, I was happy to meet the team and truly believed in his future, but at the end I am leaving with a negative impression. I hope my feedback will be taken into account.

Interview Questions
  • - Analytic questions about the retention graph, notification system. - How will you explain the product to a 5 years old ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview with recruiting lead -> recruiting exercise -> onsite interview with a hiring manager partner, tech recruiting lead, and head of talent. Overall, conversations were okay, but the teammate interview left a sour taste in my mouth. The teammate was late to the interview, didn't apologize, then left 1 minute for Q&A and as soon as his time was up he ended the interview by stating our time was done and he had to go. I get we're working back to back, but I didn't even get the chance to thank him for his time as he just abruptly ended the call. On top of that, I got a generic rejection email - at the very minimum, feedback or a call would should have happened.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mixpanel

Interview

30 minute interview with the TA lead, then a series of conversations with team members. Discussion based interviews covering hypothetical work situations and giving me an opportunity to ask questions about the team and role. The TA lead in particular was incredibly competent and thoughtful and ran a friendly but effective and efficient screen.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Mixpanel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mixpanel in Dec 2020

Interview

Went through 5 round of interview Each round of interview took almost 2-3 weeks to follow up. Didn't have the courtesy to follow up after emails and sent rejection through a no-reply email after 5 rounds. No feedback given either

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews