Monzo Bank Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 270 of over 270 interviews

Employee Referral6%
Recruiter4%
HardAverageEasy

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

A few rounds of phone interviews with managers and members of the team. One more data/analysis-heavy interview which I didn't find very well done. Most of the people were very nice. Process was very slow and drawn out.

Interview Questions
  • What would you be worried about by using XYZ factors to draw ABC conclusions?
    Answer Question

Monzo Bank

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

The interview process was completely rubbish. Starting with the recruiter emails. Why do they need to add so_many_emojis to their emails? Ok, that might be just me being grumpy :) Technical interview: first you need to create a web crawler to parse links and only for a particular domain and return a list of the links that were found. The ideia is to see how you would implement it concurrently. So you should expect to spent the entire 45 minutes of the following conversation to talk about your decision (eg:: why did you use recursion? Why not? And so on). On that interview the interviewer was a jerky. He did not want to understand and test my skills but rather prove to himself how good he is and how he knows stuff. It seems that didn’t happened just to me. You can read other reviews here as wel. Unless we had a bad luck to be interviewed by the same person perhaps that’s part of their culture. And example of that: he asked a lot of questions and I clearly did not answer exactly the way he wanted. He kept pushing me to answer what he wanted and at the end he used to explain how he would do. Even tough my answers were not wrong at all, I know my stuff! Yes, you read it right. It seemed that he was interviewing himself! After 5 minutes on the call I noticed a lot of bad patterns and decided that I would leave the process and not proceed. I am in this industry for a long time and I interviewed so many people that I could recognize it easily. So I did it, I was invited to the next round of interviews and said that I did not want to continue. My suggestion is save yourself some time and avoid this company. I did some research on the LinkedIn of some employees and some of them seemed to not take the company seriously enough and have some “jokes” about bugs in their job description. Also, if you do some searches about Monzo in YouTube you might see some opinions about the future of the company from the money £££ perspective, which was a huge red flag to me as well ;)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

I was headhunted for the role and interviewed by a recruiter, then a product director and then a full panel. At the end of the process, the recruiter took the time to walk me through the feedback in-depth and gave some really great feedback to work on for next time. It's really rare to see this kind of care from a company once they've decided not to hire you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

- Initial call with an engineer to go over a project I worked on in detail - Technical homework assignment to solve a coding problem - Culture interviews to assess fit

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

Applied on their website, contacted initially via email, interview performed via teleconference. First Interview performed by the hiring manager, very professional and respectful. Second interview included hiring manager and a technical representative to evaluate technical skills, also very professional and positive attitude during the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What was your latest project? What were the biggest challenges on your latest project? how did you overcome those?

Monzo Bank

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

The proces was quite long but it showed the culture and what’s expected. The questions are not data warehousing related - more like a data analyst. It seems there’s not much data warehousing skills there. People are intelligent but inexperienced and they think that they are better than anyone else. What I’ve heard was that it’s not just delivery, or 9-5 job at a bank. They have never worked in other banks so I’m a bit surprised with the assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

1) 30 minutes initial session with an Engineer 2) a take-home test (max 4 hours, any language) 3) an hour session to discuss the takehome test 4) an hour session for System design 5) an hour session for behavior interview

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a complex project that involved multiple stakeholders?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

Interview

1) An initial 30 minutes with one of the Engineers 2) A take-home test (spending max 4 hours, any language) 3) An hour session to discuss the take-home test (approach, reasoning and implementation) 4) An hour session System Design 5) An hour session Behaviour interview

Interview Questions
  • Discussing the architecture of a hypothetical system and questions about past experiences
1 person found this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank in Jun 2021

Interview

In the first instance I spent about an hour filling out the first part of the application which asks about how you would react to different scenarios. After I passed that I was invited to an Assessment Day that started at 12:45pm and finished at 3pm. It was the longest interviewing process ever. The first part was a quick re-brief of what is happening on the day, the second part was going through the scenarios and explaining why I chose the answers. The last part of the interview was disappointing as it was meant to be about my interests, the reason for choosing Monzo and the role. I was not explained the role but the interviewer asked me ‘Tell me about a time when…’ questions for a straight hour. I have years of experience in customer service especially in an on-line setting along with managerial and administration and sales experience. I got an e-mail being rejected that said: ‘Whilst you gave some well considered interview responses, evidence of a number of these areas didn't come through during your time with us. Regrettably we can't give any more detailed feedback at this stage in the process but we hope you'll consider applying for other roles with us in the future. ‘ That makes no sense to me and I was expecting a little bit more of feedback around what I can improve in the future.

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

Interview with manager. Take home project. 2 more technical interviews focused around the take home project.. 1 behavioral interview. Was told they'd come back to me in a few days but I was ghosted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 270 Interviews