Monzo Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 291 of over 291 interviews

Employee Referral6%
Recruiter4%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Monzo Bank (Glasgow, Scotland) in Nov 2021

Interview

Excessive interviews required. 2 x 45 mins with 4 different people to impress felt like inefficiency. I have been interviewed for many senior roles and never had to impress 4 people as part of an interview process. Google call quality was poor, the hiring manager advise I couldn’t continue then had to wait over a week for the 2nd part. The interview questions didn’t really ‘dig into previous roles’ One of the interviewers stated she was a ‘Monzo pensioner’, after a year being a manager 🤭the other worked in the business 6 weeks. Poor outcome, emailed to advise I was unsuccessful, asked me for feedback on the experience and haven’t provided me with any real feedback when requested have ignored my email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about managing performance
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank in Nov 2021

Interview

- HR Video Call: We had this video call to learn more about the role, the company, etc. - Technical Test: A small project that I should work on it. Do some refactoring, implement a feature from scratch, etc. - Technical Interview: We have chat about UX for about 45 minutes. 2 technical questions only. The rest of them was Product Management/Lead/UX-related. Subjects that were completely ignored by the interviewer, e.g.: OOP, Android Framework, Design Patterns, SOLID Principles, etc. Everything that is related to day-to-day android developer work was completely ignored. All I was questioned about was about PRODUCT! The role is Android Developer, not a UX or Product Designer. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think the Favorites Feature should be released in version 1.0 of the app?
  • How do you know the favorite feature is misplaced being together with the Articles list feature?
  • How can we solve the problem of multiple emissions when using LiveData?

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

Two 45 min remote interviews, both interviewers were lovely and down to earth and felt like more of a conversation, rather than being interrogated. They even had a 30 min interview prep beforehand which was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
  • There was a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

very clear and straight to the point. Good mix of light heated and questions about self and also about the role. Dig deeper into tools used in process of gathering data

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monzo Bank in Oct 2021

Interview

I completed an application recently and had an online interview which lasted an hour. I heard back within 2 days after both my application and interview. The interview was hard in terms of questions, but the atmosphere was light and chatty.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage a member of your team who was refusing to take calls? How would you manage someone on your team who was in a department you didn't really know much about?

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

First I completed an application form with long answers to scenario based questions, then completed a 30 minute video interview where we discussed these answers and other competency based questions. Friendly interviewer

Interview Questions
  • How would I cope with working at home and not around other colleagues

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

There were two video Interviews with different people and a preinterview introduction group meeting where they give tips for the interview which is very helpful. Lasted for approximately two hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

I contact them by email and got an interview. i did not pass the 1st interview and I was for 30 min and as far as I know, the interview process consists of 4 interviews

Interview Questions
  • they ask about concurrency and other things I do not members

Monzo Bank

Application

I interviewed at Monzo Bank

Interview

The interview process was timely and efficient but I felt that there were too many stages. The job advert was misleading as I got to the second stage and the hiring manager wanted skills and experiences not listed on the job advert. I felt that the advert was a generic 'Financial Crime Manager' advert which did not detail the specific requirements that the firm was seeking.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monzo Bank (Glasgow, Scotland) in Sep 2021

Interview

The application form had 2 competency based questions and 3 scenarios on how you would deal with certain calls. The interview is through Google and is made up of 2 parts. Both interviews last about 45 minutes each. First part is competency based questions and the 2nd part is going over your answers from the scenarios from the application form and asking different questions. There is also a pre-brief before the interview that lasts about 30 minutes just giving you some hints and tips about answering questions. All in all be prepared to spend 2 and a bit hours with this interview. People where extremely friendly and helpful, if you didn’t understand anything or needed time to think they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with working remotely and what challenges do you think you’d face?
  • Tell me about a time you’ve dealt with an upset customer.
  • Time me about a time you’ve not got on with a colleague.
  • Tell me about a time you wanted to give up.
  • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 291 Interviews