Morton Salt Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Morton Salt Interview Questions

Interviews at Morton Salt

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morton Salt.

Interview

Within a couple days of applying I was called in for a quick interview and tour of the company. The questions were very unique(the questions help the interviewer analyze your thought process), along with standard questions about your skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were a topping on a burger what would you be?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Surprisingly unorganized and clumsy. Interviewers were tardy, off schedule and explained "my camera doesn't work". It was clear only the hiring manager had the decision-making power, as the others barely reviewed my resume, or not at all, and were unsure about the process. The company shares an interview conference line (what!?) so anyone can (and did) dial into the interview. The same and common ghosting of "we'll let you know next week", which turned into 2 then 3 weeks before they shared the decision, and committed to provide feedback, but never did. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer asked two standard situational questions   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Cape Canaveral, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Brief process. HR representative was very and straight while explaining what they were looking for. Very inclusive and approachable organization. HR was always accurate and open to reply any request or concerns.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. Everything related to health and safety is always relevant. Please review company's credo and make sure that your previous experience can demonstrate that you really care about others in your work environment.   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A behavioral interview that followed the STAR format. Phone screen, followed by call back, set up to interview with manager of department that submitted position vacancy, followed by two other employees in department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you were involved in that did not go as planned and what steps you took to fix it.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

Terrible phone screening

Need to improve attention to details. Missed dates that I would be contacted for callbacks or follow up.

Managers need to learn how conduct a basic STAR or behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me more about your job at company “x”.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Standard interviewing process. Phone screens with HR and hiring manager and then an onsite interview. The phone screens were laid back and mostly conversational, but the onsite was more intense--8 managers for 30-45 min each. 50/50 conversational and behavioral questions. Most of the interviewers had an agenda with certain topics and questions that they wanted to ask and talk about (whether behavioral or conversational), but none of the interviews were really business discussions, aimed at identifying value add and compatibility. Many of their questions revolve around things or situations people do and manage at work on a daily or weekly basis, but not big events. As such, their interviewing style is more going to test how well you've prepared and think and respond in the moment.

Based on the type of questions asked in the interview and what I observed at the corporate location, M Salt seemed to be a fun culture to work in, but also surprisingly rigid. Pretty corporate and not all that entrepreneurial, as it came across to me. One of the managers I interviewed with was concerned about me trying to make changes too fast and mentioned to me that it could take up to 16 months before I could implement any changes (odd random number of months). A couple other key managers and interviewers were fairly robotic and seemed intent on identifying my job and cultural fit through rigid interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which a system didn't provide an output that you expected and how you dealt with it.

How do you deal with learning new processes and systems while maintaining operations (when starting a new job) ?

What do you think is your best accomplishment ?

Asked about a few bullet points on my resume.

Talk about a time where you had to communicate to various functions and departments while coordinating/organizing a plan.

Failure experience.

Negative feedback and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport Harbor, Lake, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Fairport Harbor, Lake, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very Thorough process and really welcoming team of supervisors got right to the direct point of what they are looking for in an employee for the position needed they had asked specific questions regarding knowledge and exspierience needed for the hiring position

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morton Salt.

Interview

I applied to the position and received a response fairly quickly. I had a brief phone screen with the Area HR Manager. After that I had an in person interview with the Area HR Manager, Facility Manager, and HR Director. I was initially sent a rejection email a few days later. I later found out that someone substantially less qualified was selected, but she wound up just not coming in for her first day. The person who hired me said he didn’t mean to send the rejection email. That is how I would sum up my time with the organization.

Interview Questions

• Do you favor employees or management and you can’t say it’s equal.   Answer Question

Mine Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morton Salt.

Interview

Got a call about a week or two after i applied online. They called me in for an interview .Easy & simple , had 3 people
    they asked basic questions. Got a call 4 days later with an offer.

Director of E-Commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morton Salt (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Had phone interviews with the recruiter and hiring Vice-President before being invited to interview with the leadership team. Recruiter received little in the way of feedback from their HR group on candidates they rejected earlier in process. While interviewing, virtually all of the seven people I was to meet with were ~10 minutes late for their meetings though the CEO stayed twenty minutes longer than planned and, along with the VP I would report to. While most people were courteous, I wouldn't describe them as engaged in the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were regarding my resume accomplishments, going through in reverse order, as well as e-commerce and my experiences and how they would apply to Morton's. Honestly, they seemed to have very little experience as a company or individuals and it felt like they were asking me to write them a manual, particularly how it would impact their individual functions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.