New England Aquarium Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at New England Aquarium

New England Aquarium

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New England Aquarium in May 2022

Interview

1. Submit an online application 2. Complete first interview with department director 3. Complete second interview with department director and 2-3 additional individuals in NEAQ staff 4. Complete third interview with department director and two members of HR Did not complete stage four as I did not hear anything from the company after May 2022, so I am unable to discuss the onboarding or later interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience overseeing volunteers.
    Answer Question
  • What interested you in this position?
  • Have you ever volunteered in any programs at the New England Aquarium?
  • What ideas do you have regarding volunteer opportunities?

New England Aquarium

Application

I interviewed at New England Aquarium

Interview

The process was fairly easy. I applied online, and heard back about the first round of interviews which were held at the main Aquarium. After that, I was offered a second interview which was held at the Animal Care Center in Quincy. Soon after, I heard back about the position- I received a phone call and later an email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New England Aquarium

Application

I interviewed at New England Aquarium

Interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New England Aquarium

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at New England Aquarium in Oct 2019

Interview

Two interviews, one with a member of the Volunteer/Intern team and then one with my now line manager in Vis Ed. Both were held in person but I could have chosen to have the first interview via phone/skype. I declined this as I feel I come across better in person. The team organising the interview were helpful and kind.

Interview Questions
  • Give us a brief introduction to you How would you deal with someone who denies the existence of climate change?

Application

Interview

Easy interview process on the phone/Zoom. Interviewer started with big picture description of the NEAq's mission, then asked me to talk about myself before asking some standard questions. Ended with asking some quick questions where I had to pick one of two answers, supposedly to find a better fit for me in terms of team/supervisor. I interviewed right before a month-long winter break and didn't hear back - he told me to contact them if I didn't, but I also decided afterwards that I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New England Aquarium

Application

I interviewed at New England Aquarium

Interview

The interview process seemed to be pretty standard, having asked basic questions and the HR interviewer that helped me was very friendly. The first round of interview was via Zoom and then second round of interview is through phone with a specific department.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New England Aquarium (Boston, MA) in Mar 2019

Interview

There were perhaps an excessive number of interview steps (phone, then 3 in person interviews for a mid-tier position), which would have been difficult if I hadn't left my previous job already. However the process was very enjoyable - everyone was kind and accommodating and during the final interview my supervisor-to-be walked me around the Aquarium while we spoke. I was able to be very frank about what I was looking for and heard a lot of great stories about working for the Aquarium. Everyone I spoke to was happy to be working here.

Interview Questions
  • If you were an aquatic creature, what would you be?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New England Aquarium (Boston, MA)

Interview

First interview was one on one done through skype style. This was a basic interview asking basic questions to get to know me. Second was with my whole department also done through skype style. This was more specific to the internship role I was passed on for and described the position more in depth to me.

Interview Questions
  • What is the mission of the New England Aquarium in your own words?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New England Aquarium (Boston, MA) in Mar 2018

Interview

I went to the aquarium one day and sat down and met with one of the members of the team. I had applied for multiple positions so we discussed each and talked about which ones I would be the best fit for and went into the background of the day to day of each position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New England Aquarium (Boston, MA) in May 2017

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then the next week I had an in person interview with the same guy. From there I interviewed with the box office supervisors. After I was done they let me walk around the aquarium for free. Everyone was very nice so I wasn't nervous once I started talking to them.

Interview Questions
  • What is your past customer service experience?
  • How would you help a guest who asks a very technical question that no one knows the answer to?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews