Octopus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Octopus Interview Questions

Interviews at Octopus

2.9

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Octopus (El Paso, TX (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Intensive but informative. It was a thorough process, however, it made me feel like they were serious about getting the best people for the position so it made me feel excited to work with others who would be qualified.

Interview Questions

• How I would go about growing a page organically?   1 Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of two stages, a Skype interview and a second stage face-to-face interview. During the first interview the interviewer went through my background and asked me for some basic Selenium questions. On the second stage of the interview the process was similar to the Skype interview but in face-to-face with DevOps Manager.
    He asked my about my previous experience and about some basic OOP principles.
    Unfortunately I did not get an offer, probably because my background was not very suitable for this position. Although I received a thorough feedback about the interview for which I am very thankful.

Ops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus.

Interview

Spoke with them some time ago. They took over four weeks to get back to me, so I chased them. Their response was very wide of the mark, saying I didn't have skills in the area I'd been in for 3 years. I went on to a 'Head of' role elsewhere.
    I found them very unimpressive. Combine that with the other reviews on here and I think I did well to avoid them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

two HR ladies and the lead PM. The HR process is standard although 2 HR employees in a row for such a small team is surprising. They ask you the exact same questions.
    The investment part is challenging. The PM would ask you quantitative related questions, investment related questions and would expect you to give the answer he wants while really you have many way to have an answer that is correct and makes sense

Interview Questions

• HR
      why have you left your previous job?
      why do you want to leave this one? (I was asked the same question 3 times...)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England).

Interview

CV submission and quick telephone call with HR with standard questions about salary expectations and motivation. Face to face interview with hr and manager. Very important to be able to show that you will fit in the company culture. Passion is also very important. Overall it was a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

The Interviewer was really friendly and encouraging, which was appreciated since this was an entry level role.
    I received reasonable feedback straight away. They probably made the right decision as this role wasn't really the right fit.

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to be challenged throughout! I actually really enjoyed the interview process at Octopus but it is designed to test you to your limits. I first had an hour long interview with the CMO, who was the reporting manager in this case, followed by two and a half hours of competency testing about a week later, then a 45 minute interview with the CEO as the final stage.
    The competency testing included an hour's writing test, followed by an hour's case study - which is working through a business model with a senior member of the Octopus management team and calculating various outcomes - it really isn't something that you can prepare for so actually quite enjoyed it once I got there! The last half hour was an informal chat with one of the VPs.
    Loved the chance to meet several employees as it helped me see if the fit felt right to me, as well as letting them have multiple opinions on me too.
    I felt I made a real connection with everyone I met - apart from the CEO - and as I learnt the hard way, his really is the only opinion that counts. A real shame as I think I would have been an excellent addition to their team but better opportunities came my way afterwards, so better for me in the long run. A great company, with fantastic employees and a bright future I'm sure - but make sure you are 100% confident you can handle Simon Rogerson.

Interview Questions

• Describe my dream job. What companies do I think deliver great customer experience? Who excels in their language / communications?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Had a s breif conversation with a recruiter before being asked to attend a face to face interview. The interview went well, although there were no typical interview questions, we mostly just talked about the company and the roll and how it related to my experience.

Then after the interview I hear nothing back. My emails are ingored and my phone calls are passed off to some one else.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Octopus (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview with the recuiter, then had face to face interview with one of the desktop support team , recruiter face to face and finally 3rd interview with the manager.
    Previously interviewed for the same role about 2 years ago.
    Had positive feedback from the desktop support person + recruiter. The manager is very critical and comes across negative and ununenthusiastic.
    This is the biggest waste of time. Avoid applying for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Technical and situational questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Octopus in March 2015.

Interview

Worst interview experience I had in my life. HR is a central decision maker in this company and if they don't like you, that will be a final decision, not your manager's or CEO's. They would normally take you through 6-7 stages, some of them are non-sense irrelevant economic and maths tests. You can expect to get a job offer which will be withdrawn later without any explanation and you will not even know about the fact they started looking for another candidate in parallel. If you get an offer from Octopus, keep looking for jobs until you first day with them, as they change their minds.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.