Oliver James Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

Applied online24%
Employee Referral12%
HardAverageEasy

Oliver James

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oliver James

Interview

Beware of unprofessional recruiters Got contacted over linkedin by a recruiter at OliverJames Consulting through a description of the (quite senior) position and an ask for a time and possibility to discuss further if interested. I supplied details and several available slots with a few days notice. I got nothing in retun, not even a "thanks for your time" reply. Evidently the recruiter does not have the courtesy of respecting the time of professionals. This is not really compatible with basic standards for recruitment in 2022. Make sure you don't waste time by sending out gazillions of fishing mails from your recruiters.

Interview Questions
  • can we have your contact details
    Answer Question

Oliver James

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Oliver James in Apr 2022

Interview

Oliver James had 2 recruiters talk to me. First one wanted to tell me about contract position which I declined. I was sent to another who had the perfect job for me, told me about it, listened to my background and promised to be in touch by the end of the week. 2 weeks later I have followed up and she doesn't care. Look recruiters, we get that you are busy and talk to 100 people for 1 job but if you are going to pursue me on LinkedIn, at least have the decency to follow up. I will not deal with Oliver James going forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oliver James

Application

I interviewed at Oliver James

Interview

The interview went smooth and the recruiter was really easy to talk two. They will talk with you about your work history and competency based questions. Why Oliver James? Why do you want to work in recruitment? What motivates you?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oliver James

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oliver James in Mar 2022

Interview

Poor process from start to end...no clarity in their thinking, clearly don't mind wasting their own time and others, by doing several interviews whilst not knowing what they want from a potential new recruit. You'd expect better from any firm let alone one that 'specialises' in professional recruitment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oliver James

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver James in Oct 2021

Interview

It was less of an interview and more of a battle royale. I was recruited via LinkedIn, after two phone interviews I attended the group assessment. They introduced the day as the beginning of the squid game and I lost interest immediately. It looks like a fun place to work if you enjoy the cut-throat nature of sales. Positive people but not my cup of tea, I would have declined the offer if I'd received one. Otherwise, the day consisted of group debates, followed by one on one interviews with each of the team directors to see where you may be a good fit, followed by a brief lunch provided by OJ. If you did well during the interviews the final activity would have been roleplaying, I thankfully got to leave after lunch, eliminated from the squid game.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver James (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied an AML Analyst online from Jobsdb which they did not wrote the Job requirement clearly and then a recruitment agent from Oliver James Associates calls me and ask me did I have transaction monitoring and fraud experience , as from my CV i never ever mentioned I have those experience since I only have KYC and client onboarding experience which is clearly written in my CV and then she said then I am not suitable for the position with rude and unprofessional manner, I have asked her have she read my CV before making the phone call she claims that I might have those experience but never mentioned in my CV so that she calls , then I ask her name but she refuse to answer and end the line immediately , I think this recruitment agent is very rude and unprofessional .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I interviewed at Oliver James (Manchester, England)

Interview

One phone call then invite to in-person group meeting, hope they screened for COVID vaccinations... In-person was terrible. Interviewers had a complete disregard for what people actually had to say and this was just another place that prized the loudest person, not necessarily the smartest. Intelligence does not matter here, good looks and a big mouth do. Join this team if you're looking for adults trying to relive their greek life college days! Also, communication is horrible. No follow up emails or calls. Expect to wait a long time to hear back about anything.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Oliver James (New York, NY)

Interview

This was for a senior sales role. They wanted to hear about experience, how I run my desk, what you can bring to the table. They want to see high energy, passion, and almost "talking shop" instead of it being a structured interview. If you can sit there and just talk about what you've done to be successful in a more conversational way they'll be happy.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you're running your desk and what you would bring here
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

Application

I interviewed at Oliver James (Hong Kong)

Interview

The interview process is a four-step process. You’re going to be talking a lot, you start off with a group and having a conversation about the company and asking questions and then finally doing one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oliver James (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Interview with the Oliver James Company and then client. I was made an offer with Oliver James and I accepted. Gave my notice and turned down another offer. I started filling out the paper work. Then the company GHOSTED me. I finally got through and the company said the client said my salary isn't in their budget. So when was Oliver James going to tell me this. Oliver James had already given me a written offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what kind of projects you worked on. Explain how you solved problems
1 person found this interview helpful