Oxfam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxfam Interview Questions

Interviews at Oxfam

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Protracted and disrespectful interview process, including screening and follow up interviews with long delays of radio silence between engagements. (Clearly they were courting more desired candidates but wanted to keep some back-up candidates as Plan B.) Pay range well below market rates/competitors and what would be reasonable for the required qualifications and scope of responsibilities. Benefits such as 401k match also not commensurate with competitors, making total compensation really under market.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in Oxfam and role?   2 Answers

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

came into a waiting room, it took them 2 hours because of miscommunication and business. they said it was a one time occurrence and very abnormal. go into small room and asked several questions

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was transparent. The first stage was a screening with HR, followed by a phone interview with the team, followed by a face-to-face meeting with senior members, and then a face-to-face meeting with the team. The questions were technical and related to the position. it was tough but fair. The process took four months from application to hire.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Staff Agency called me and offered me some knowledge about the company and I said yes. Then Oxfam reviewed my resume and called me for an interview. Just one phone screen and thats it. After that, they were quite interested, and offered me this opportunity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

This was for the Campaign Department Intern. I had a telephone interview screening with the company who read interview questions from a worksheet. The company was unenthusiastic over the telephone and were not all that interested in speaking with me, especially when they said, "shall we get this started" and didn't think I was a good fit as a prospective intern. The interview process was informal and uninteresting.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oxfam in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process for Oxfam was fairly enjoyable. I interviewed over Skype with the recruiting manager and they got back to me almost immediately. Easy interview, questions were standard. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you've been working for 5 hours and haven't gotten anyone to donate yet?   1 Answer

Interview

Very interesting questions and thoughtful interview process. Team interview process, gives you a good chance to meet who you will be working with. Asked a variety of questions that were challenging, but thoughftul.

Interview Questions

• How you handled a large mistake made at work.   1 Answer

Senior Advisor, Private Sector Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Did a screening interview with HR after I was referred by a colleague. I got the impression that the HR person was interviewing me only because they were asked to and really wasn't interested in me as a candidate. I followed up a few times after the interview, but never heard anything back.

Extractive Industries Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

In person interview with about two program officers, another Coordinator and manager. Overall, the interview was easy although intimidating because there were about 4-5 people in the room. Overall the process was smooth and fast. The questions were not particularly difficult and were general interview questions.

Country Funding Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

Immediately asked to take a written test. No response from HR for two months. Forgot I had applied for the job. Although HR had informed me they would tell me an update as soon as they got word back from the country director, they had not done so. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Written test was straightforward, but I'm not sure they read it over.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.