Oxfam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Oct 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received a phone call within a week or so from an HR representative. After an initial phone screening, I was then invited for an interview via video call with a panel of 2 HR staff and the hiring manager for the position. Communication throughout the process was great, and the panel interview was straight-forward and relaxed. They mostly asked questions about my relevant experience and why I wanted to work with Oxfam.

Interview Questions

• Are there any areas listed in the job description that you are less skilled at or inexperienced in?   Answer Question

Research and Advocacy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via online portal and received an interview request. The interview was quite straight forward relating previous experiences with the current position's requirements. Questions revolved around strengths and weaknesses, personality traits, team work ability, and knowledge of the position's thematic elements. Interviewer was very nice and wanted to get to know me as a person beyond the resume.

Interview Questions

• What are your main strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What sort of role do you typically play in a group working environment?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Called to schedule a phone interview which was done an hour later. Brief 30 min phone interview where the ‎Global Staffing Specialist asked questions related to my resume and the job description. I received an email a few days later to schedule a panel interview with the GSS, Hiring Manager, and current Development Associate at their Boston office. They took turn asking more specific and technical questions related to my resume and the job description. Very friendly people. After the interview I was given a writing assignment on Friday to turn in by COB Monday (see Writing Assignment below). I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week or early next week but I never hear back. Too bad.

Interview Questions

• The Wallace Global Fund is a foundation that works ‘to promote an informed and engaged citizenry to fight injustice, and to protect the diversity of native and natural systems upon which all life depends.’ We believe this foundation is a good prospect that could provide future funding to some of Oxfam America’s programs; however before engaging with this donor we need more detailed research that provides information on an alignment between both Wallace Global Fund’s programs and Oxfam America’s work. In no more than two-pages please provide any information that matches Wallace Global Fund’s initiatives with those of Oxfam America’s. Use any information publically available such as the foundation’s website, Oxfam America’s website, online information, etc.   Answer Question

Giving Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview the next week. After a phone interview with the hiring manager, I was asked to participate in an in-person or Skype interview. The in-person interview was a group interview with the hiring manager and a few different people in the department and an HR person. Everyone was very friendly and created a welcoming environment. They took turns asking questions from list. Some were repeated from the phone interview. This whole process took about two weeks. After two more weeks, I was notified that they decided to go with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oxfam?
      How do you stay organized?
      Give an example of how you have solved a problem or improved a situation.
      Are you okay with being part of a union?   Answer Question

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was called in for a group interview. Basically 'getting to know you type' of questions. We were told to work in groups and present our group members. Talk about their background/hobbies/interests. This was to basically test our communication skills.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

They'll ask you to come in for an interview, then they will take you to a room with other applicants, they will tell you more about the position and they will train you on fundraising. They accept everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as fundraiser for Oxfam?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was basically not negotiation phase, they accept everyone

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled by a junior staffer, then changed, then interviewer thought it was at a different time than confirmed. First round was fine, sent thank you email, never heard back from anyone. 1-2 months later emailed interviewer to follow up (didn't want the job anyway at that point), who apologized and said they hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing too creative or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later. There was a phone interview, followed by a group interview with people related to the department, policy area, and HR that lasted about an hour, and then a one-on-one phone call to clarify the previous interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you would advance this policy using limited resources. What unique strategies have you leveraged to move policies?   Answer Question

Sector Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam in December 2014.

Interview

The process was professional. Although the application and interview process did drag on. It was 2 rounds of interviewing. The first interview was a panel interview by 2 current staff members. The second interview included four current staff members. It was nerve wracking but overall, it was a good process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxfam (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very basic. They wanted to get to know who I was more than anything. They asked about my education and skills to get an idea of what I would be doing for them and what kind of contributions I would be able to make

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.