Oxfam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Oxfam Interview Questions

Interviews at Oxfam

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Responded to an ad for an associate position. Got an email back requesting a phone interview. Had a nice talk with a young woman from the department doing the hiring, and told her I was going to be in Boston not too long after, she said she'd be in touch. Never heard anything back again.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job, why I was interested in microfinance.   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled by a junior staffer, then changed, then interviewer thought it was at a different time than confirmed. First round was fine, sent thank you email, never heard back from anyone. 1-2 months later emailed interviewer to follow up (didn't want the job anyway at that point), who apologized and said they hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing too creative or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxfam (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

This was for the Campaign Department Intern. I had a telephone interview screening with the company who read interview questions from a worksheet. The company was unenthusiastic over the telephone and were not all that interested in speaking with me, especially when they said, "shall we get this started" and didn't think I was a good fit as a prospective intern. The interview process was informal and uninteresting.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxfam (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very basic. They wanted to get to know who I was more than anything. They asked about my education and skills to get an idea of what I would be doing for them and what kind of contributions I would be able to make

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxfam.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later. There was a phone interview, followed by a group interview with people related to the department, policy area, and HR that lasted about an hour, and then a one-on-one phone call to clarify the previous interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you would advance this policy using limited resources. What unique strategies have you leveraged to move policies?   Answer Question

Interview

Very interesting questions and thoughtful interview process. Team interview process, gives you a good chance to meet who you will be working with. Asked a variety of questions that were challenging, but thoughftul.

Interview Questions

• How you handled a large mistake made at work.   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oxfam (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

They'll ask you to come in for an interview, then they will take you to a room with other applicants, they will tell you more about the position and they will train you on fundraising. They accept everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as fundraiser for Oxfam?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was basically not negotiation phase, they accept everyone

Sector Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam in December 2014.

Interview

The process was professional. Although the application and interview process did drag on. It was 2 rounds of interviewing. The first interview was a panel interview by 2 current staff members. The second interview included four current staff members. It was nerve wracking but overall, it was a good process.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oxfam in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process, with high caliber-level questions and discussions. The level of the conversation can be intimidating with strangers, but, the interviewers were some of the nicest I've met. First part was a telephone interview with a person, then, a schedule for a panel interview at their HQ. Panel interview had about 6 people, all who had 2 questions related to their position within the organization. References and background checks were also contacted.

Nothing unexpected, but nothing taken for granted either. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really; most of the questions were to be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; union set the salary. It was a good package, so, there would have been little I would have negotiated anyways.

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oxfam in August 2014.

Interview

An phone interview was set at fist as a sort of pre-screening. This is done by their HR Department. HR changed my interview time twice before it actually took place. Joan is a lovely lady that eased me into the conversation. After a couple of days I was informed I had been selected for an in person interview.I was to be interviewed by a panel of 5 people, since the program involved different departments. The hiring Manager did most of the questioning; the rest did not seem too involved. I got positives vibes/feedback from all the ladies, but the single male interviewer seemed annoyed at the whole process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.