PEAK6 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PEAK6 Interview Questions

Interviews at PEAK6

Sdet Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PEAK6.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter and given a high-level overview of the position. The basic pitch was PEAK6 is building a team of engineers (Dev and QA) to implement reusable frameworks that could help PEAK6 quickly modernize companies they acquire.

I have 15+years of experiencing designing and implementing automation frameworks (Selenium, C#, Java, REST) so I thought it could be interesting and agreed to check it out.

In order to move forward, I would need to complete a HackerRank test. Okay, no problem I thought. The test they sent me was the same 'Airport Construction' test (optimize number of gates) that they send to their Software Engineers?

I was interviewing to build reusable automation frameworks (REST, Selenium) and they sent me a timed test with the only question being: design a fairly complex algorithm?

The process was so impersonal. A form letter linking me to a generic test, one unrelated to my experience, or even the position I was applying for? Peak6 also never reviewed my resume to see if I was a good match before sending the test email.

The impression is an impersonal corporate HR Team with a generic process. From the reviews on Glassdoor, I got the impression this impersonal, cookie-cutter approach is fairly standard in most departments.

I decide not to complete the test.

Interview Questions

• No interview. I got a form letter to take a single generic HackerRank test (Airport Construction) that wanted me to build an optimized algorithm to figure out the optimal number of airport gates, based on different arrival and departure schedules.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

A staffing agency reached out to me and it seemed like I was the unquestionable front-runner for almost two weeks. I had a great phone screen, my references all screamed that I was the best, and I was sent an assessment with no timeline or sense of urgency.

Then, randomly, a manager "chimed in" on one of the discussions and dismissed me on the spot as a job-hopper. I'm passionate about startups and believe in lending my outstanding expertise where it's needed most, so that is the gamble I have taken, but I'm dedicated to being the best at what I do and am ardently searching for a company I can grow/lead for years to come. Further, I have ton of references who went to bat for me and on put their own reputations on the line just to back up the fact that I'm the real deal!

I wrote a formal letter in addition to my cover letter just to address this specific concern, even though a ten-minute phone call is all it would take. I reached out to PEAK6's Engineering leadership on LinkedIn directly, and even leveraged intermediate connections to try and put me in touch with them.

I was completely ignored. I know they have a lot of candidates and that it can be easy for them to turn people down, but I went way above and beyond to try and alleviate an otherwise minor concern based on an incorrect assumption- certainly no reason to just ghost your top candidate on a whim.

PEAK6 may have some great resources behind them but they've proven that they're not serious about hiring the best. They'd rather split hairs and go for the safest bets; they may be hot right now but they'll soon become a bastion of complacency. I've seen it happen enough times in this industry to know that PEAK6 won't be the exception they think they deserve to be. If you have any unconventionality in your strong record of success, don't waste your time on these snobs.

Interview Questions

• The assessment they sent me was some problem about airport scheduling. It seemed interesting but I didn't bother doing it since they decided they didn't want to bother even speaking with me anymore.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied on their site, and I had an introduction call with HR. We went over the role, but he also seemed confused on how to interview candidates. He straight up asked me how they should be interviewing candidates. Like I told him that companies do different things but I found it odd that he didn't have any clue on how to handle the interview process. Despite that he said that he would set up another call with an engineer as well as send an optional coding assignment so that I can give feedback. However, he never set up another call. I ended up getting a hackerrank challenge and it was so ridiculous that I didn't bother attempting. Naturally I got a rejection email a few days later.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Complete lack of respect for other human beings....

I applied online had a few great conversations, was invited onsite on a Thursday afternoon to go in for a 4 hour interview (5 - 45 minute interviews...ugh..) none of which had any real format, they really just sit you down and say, “so what do you want to know?”

Furthermore, only one out of the five interviewers asked me if I had to use the restroom or needed anything in preparation before my next round, which I thought was beyond inconsiderate when you put someone in an interview room for 5 hours with bottles of water. I truly was shocked that these people didn’t think of this...but in retrospect, almost all of them had a sort of pompous, pretentious, and seemingly unaware vibe; very tough to explain this, but you can definitely feel it.

Really tho, what was super inconsiderate is that the fact that this company never got back to me with formal feedback at all. They emailed me immediately the next morning after my onsite interview and said it was an “absolute pleasure” meeting me and they would be getting back to me on Monday. I followed up immediately thanking them as well and reiterating my interest in the position. It’s now been a month and not even a word...

All the other reviews on Glassdoor about not getting back to candidates after they spend hours interviewing or taking coding exams with them, complete lack of humanism from management, CTO on his cell phone as you are answering his questions, are all 100% true, even with the new Talent Aquisition team they hired, it’s all shockingly true. I think the reason for this is that their toxic leadership with elitist attitudes (according to reviews and my personal experience) is endemic to all their other employees and has sort of a trickle down effect.

Overall, if you can’t tell, I was really disappointed...more in myself for giving them the benefit of the doubt after reading so many negative reviews on glassdoor...I bought a new suit and everything for this interview and prepared a lot for it. A simple email letting me know I wasn’t the right candidate would have meant a lot to me, as interviewing for a new job is an emotional experience and stressful enough as it is.

Interview Questions

• “I don’t really have any questions, I was just told to sit in here with you”   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PEAK6.

Interview

Took an online test and then had a skype interview. First a behavioral interview for 30 mins, then a technical. The first interview was with a trader who asked question after question about my resume / soft skills / experience etc. The second interview had brainteasers, mental math, and a couple of probability questions. It wasn't too difficult but I didn't prepare well enough for the behavioral interview.

Technology Experience for Women Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PEAK6 in December 2019.

Interview

Took a coding challenge, solved one out of two questions, never heard back. Knew I wouldn’t get the job but could have used an official rejection. It’s been radio silence ever since I submitted the code and that was weeks ago.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PEAK6.

Interview

Had an online assignment which had really hard questions, had them completed without any mistake, both O(n) in time. And rejected me without reason. Which is too rude for me

Software Engineer New Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEAK6 in October 2019.

Interview

They sent me a hacker rank aptitude test that was 1.5 hours long and then never got back to me . If I'm going to invest over an hour of my time I expect getting at least an email back letting me know they're not moving forward. Total disrespect to their applicants.

SDE1 Interview

Interview

Online Assessment, 150min 2 questions, not pretty difficult, but many corner cases, and not easy to understand the description. Platform is hackerranker. Java, C++, Python and most of language are allowed

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions, lot of details and base cases, test case may inpire you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PEAK6.

Interview

it was a bit challenging but still pretty fair, it was mostly behavioral questions with some mental math and probability as well. three part process, online exam, online interview, in-office superday

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.