PIMCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PIMCO Interview Questions

Interviews at PIMCO

3.3

Asset Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

It was an easy interview. I had to spend one and a half hour with 3 interviewers. They later introduced me to the firm and their culture and I really enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to our firm?   1 Answer

Account Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: Tested on market and investment fundamentals to confirm I had sufficient knowledge and interest. Superday: Six interviews of which roughly 4-5 were fit-based, with the remainder being technical again. Highly engaging, smart people.

Interview Questions

• If you were to invest $1 million today, where would you put it and why? Would you prefer to invest in Agency or non-Agency MBS today?   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

Interview

I completed an application and then got an email for a first round interview. The first round interview was a one way interview. Questions were provided on the screen and I recorded myself answering them.

Business Development Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

2 rounds, first SparkHire, then Superday which consisted of 5 30 min interviews, each 2 on 1. All interviewers were from the Business Development Department. I applied in mid-July, heard back in early October. This was a smooth process, the communication was strong and the employees met with were great.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about 2 current events that could affect the market and how?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PIMCO in October 2020.

Interview

Horrible experience in a nutshell.

Applied through a referral. The recruiter reached out to me saying they are scheduling a screening interview for a position x (which was different than the one I applied to). I liked the position x better, so I didn't complain.

During the screening interview, I was asked why am I interested in this role, and I make my case for role x, only to realize that HR messed up and they are interviewing me for original position. After an awkward conversation, we move on to other "technical" questions where I am asked if I know git or if I have worked on UI, what is a future, and other questions to kill time. The interviewer was sleepy and not really interested. After 20 mins, she suggests that we take a break and I can ask her questions. So I ask her, what has her journey been at PIMCO and what kind of projects she worked on. She laughs and tells me this - "I don't know how that's relevant" but still proceeds to give a very vague answer. We kill some more time about why did I leave my previous roles, she made one more awkward joke about me not getting fired during Corona and missing out on an exit package.

Post that recruiter sends me a hackrrank test which is probably the easiest thing I have seen (1 question - 40 minutes). I solved it in 3 minutes (all 14-15 test cases passed). A few days later I get an email saying they are continuing with other applicants.

So in a nutshell, confusing, disrespectful, error-prone and disgusting recruiting process. Never applying here again.

Also, this is a classic role-fishing by giving a Quant Dev title but a pure software developer role.

Interview Questions

• What is a futures contract?
      Have you worked with UI before?   Answer Question

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Long. Took two plus months, phone screening then super day. Not too many technical questions but each employee made sure to remind me this is not a front office role and will not lead to one (PM/Trading). After getting no offer was relived after finding out pay/career progression and how portfolio associates are viewed within company.

Portfolio Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was long -- over 2 months of waiting to hear back. 30-minute phone interview followed by a video panel styled interview with 10 people. The communication and updates about the process were not that great. I was always the one reaching out for an update.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process was 3 different rounds. Last round was with the whole team and each was 30 minutes long. Everyone was really nice and all the questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PIMCO.

Interview

Applied online through its career portal.
    -1st round through Sparkhire, half behavioral half technical.
    -final round through WebEx, 5 back-to-back 30 min interview, different in form based on the specific interviewers and your own background, mine was a mix of math/FXI/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tough mental math and probability questions.
      Describe a time when you miserably failed.
      Describe a quantitative project you worked on.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PIMCO in September 2020.

Interview

Applied on company website; contacted by HR for phone screen interview
    I don't think they really wanna hire people, just ask for the strategy; And they just go straight forward to the strategy part even without self-introduction. I didn't want to talk that much in detailed about the strategy, they seem to lost their interest.
    Very rude and arrogant. Unpleasant experience. :)

Interview Questions

• Q1: Dig Resume based question
      Q2: Easy probability question   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.