Peel Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Peel Hunt Interview Questions

Interviews at Peel Hunt

3.2

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online, and was invited to interview. The interview was a one to one talk with a partner. It started with him asking me to run him through my CV. Then he asked me "tell me about market news". I proceeded to talk about oil prices, Mifid II etc, but then he asked me for more specific market news. He wanted me to tell him about an IPO, and the number of IPOs that happened in 2019.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peel Hunt (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

45-minute interview with one compliance manager and head of risk and compliance. Friendly and trustworthy recruitment agent, cosy office. Not difficult. My brain froze for some bizarre reason. Missed opportunity to be back into stocks. Friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• If you were the FCA auditing tomorrow the trading floor, how would you do it?   1 Answer
    • What would be the next compliance risks affecting broking houses like Peel Hunt ?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Peel Hunt (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Online Application followed by an interview with Andrew Chapman. Received an offer but declined as I had something else. If you do some googling on Peel Hunt you will find lots of negative comments and reviews. This is probably because of their culture and management. Everyone is complaining about management. I only met the guy above and he acts very arrogantly and entitled - working for no name stockbroker pretending to be mid market investment bank.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peel Hunt (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Atfer 30 mins telephone interview they send me a test to do at my own time. It is to implement a middle layer messaging service. Though I read description a few times but it is not clear whether they ask me to write my own message queue or use the existing messaging queue provider like Apache MQ. If it is to implement a own customised messaging queue the project is much bigger than they suggest to finish in 4 hours. But at the end I still wrote 2 solutions. One is I wrote a in memory queue and the other is using Apache MQ to pub and subscribe message. I marked the process as negative experience because after you spend a lot effort in completing the test, they don’t even bother to reply back to you. No feedback. My work might not be perfect but for it passes all 12 test cases that they asked to test. At least they should a little respect to people’s time.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peel Hunt.

Interview

A recruiter approached me for this role. I had to complete a coding challenge and then was invited for a few face to face interviews which lasted around half a day.

Interview Questions

Accepted a different job offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.