Penske Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Penske Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Penske Media

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

I had about 8 separate interviews from start to finish. Although it was a lot, it was super helpful in getting a better sense of the company and the way that all teams work together.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very accommodating and professionally conducted. The hiring manager made sure to follow along each step of the way. The company seemed to truly care about the talent they are bringing in.

Interview Questions

• How do you assert yourself in meetings? What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Interview

Not a lot of communication after the initial in-person interview. I was told there would be a writing test, but never received it. I did not get a reply to a follow-up I sent.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle juggling multiple goals involving multiple teams?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 2 rounds on panel interviews,They kept stressing the importance of managing conflict and strong personalities. They also mentioned the need to manage politics a lot, Generally pleasant and a wide array on the panel of interviewers. I also had a written exercise prior to getting the offer There was no real negotiation for the offer. Take it or leave it, They have sbacks in the break room and a really nice soda/coffee machine

Interview Questions

• Personality and situational questions. They kept stressing the importance of managing conflict and strong personalities. They also mentioned the need to manage politics a lot, Generally pleasant and a wide array on the panel of interviewers. I also had a written exercise prior to getting the offer There was no real negotiation for the offer. Take it or leave it, They have sbacks in the break room and a really nice soda/coffee machine   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone call lead to another phone call lead to an in person. They were very friendly along the way, but I had to continuously inquire about the position. Just as I would assume the position was filled they would give me a call and set up the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. Every person I spoke with (there were five) was very interested in who I was as a person, accepted my transparency about my professional goals, and communicated how I can achieve those goals, which made my desire to work there that much greater. You always hear that the people are what make a job, and just from conversing with the people I spoke with I know this will be a great growth opportunity for me.

PMC Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media in June 2019.

Interview

I had a great interview experience. Everybody was very friendly and communicative. The whole process was clear and open, and it moved in a timely manner. All of the people I met with loved their jobs and the company, which was wonderful to see.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PMC and what attracted you to this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job via LinkedIn, and within a few days, I heard back to schedule an initial interview over video chat with the VP of Tech. The VP asked me general questions about my experiences, and about me. I also got to ask a lot of questions about the company and the role. This interview gave me a great overview of the company.

Following the initial interview, I had two other more technical interviews over video chat. The first one was a technical interview where two engineers asked me general programming/concept questions. There were no programming challenges, which is something I have had bad experiences with in the past. This technical was very refreshing, because as a front end engineer, the questions I got were very fair. As a newer engineer, some of my answers were not very strong, but the interviewers cared how I thought through these problems and appreciated my honesty when I said I just don't know. Best interview experience I have ever had, because PMC Engineering doesn't care about answering Fizz Buzz questions as fast as you can, they care about you as an individual and what you can bring to the team.

My second interview was not as technical, an engineer and a PM asked just general questions about my technical knowledge, what languages I know, and questions about how I learn, work, and communicate with others.

The entire process took maybe 2 weeks and then I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Front End Programming Concepts, like:
      1) What is a RESTful API
      2) Whats the difference between async await vs promise vs callback
      3) What is your opinion on inline css
      etc   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Interview

The experience was consistent from start to finish, with everyone extremely responsive, genuine, and honest about expectations for the role. They clearly prioritize finding a fit that’s beneficial for both parties, and everyone brings a high level of professionalism and respect to the process.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

The process was actually really great. There was a lot of communication, I was kept in the loop, and things moved at a great pace. When I was told a next step by a certain date, it actually happened. Really enjoyed this experience and found it much more professional than a lot of other interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.