Pindrop Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pindrop Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pindrop.

Interview

Pindrop came to visit our campus. Got a call the next day for an half an hour interview with a recruiter. The interview was easy and went good, but I received a reject after around 20 days. Apparently, most of the guys did.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pindrop (Gainesville, FL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had the interview after being selected in the campus career fair. The interview lasted for 30 mins with three sections in Networking, Linux systems and MySQL. I got the result within a week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pindrop (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The technical screen by the recruiter was one of the worst interview experience I have ever had. The non-technical recruiter probably googled javascript questions 10 mins before the call. If you cannot understand the answers of the applicant then why ask them. My outlook of the organization came of as pretentious and insincere.

If you are not desperate find another place

Interview Questions

• You have a decade of experience , so tell me what is the CSS box model?   1 Answer
    • Step 2: work on a 10 hour project and submit code so we can quiz you on it. Oh and it has to be fully unit tested. Take all the time you need   1 Answer
    • what is the "this" keyword?   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pindrop (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step was six telephone interviews. Next, they flew me to Atlanta for seven back-to-back one-to-one interviews. Several of the in-person interviewers appeared disinterested during the meetings. After 13 successful interviews, I received positive feedback about my qualifications and said they would be interviewing additional candidates. After an additional two months of following up, I found out only after contacting them, that they had withdrawn the job requisition and would not be hiring.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Pindrop?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pindrop (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

- coding project
    - phone interview with coding
    - on-site interview with 2 technical and 1 non-technical interview
    - these are some more words so glassdoor doesn't complain that there are less than 30 words

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pindrop.

Interview

I met the recruiters at an oncampus, and they invited me for an oncampus interview. The oncampus interview was pretty easy. They replied pretty quickly, and then invited me for an onsite interview. The onsite interview is easy as well, if you are well prepared. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Cannot share because of NDA.   1 Answer

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pindrop.

Interview

Applied online, they schedule me for a phone interview and never called. I tried to contact HR lady, but she did not reply. Not sure if they hire non-white people at Atlanta office.

Interview Questions

• No question asked HR lady never called.   1 Answer

Pindrop Response

16 Feb 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We regret you feel you did not receive the appropriate follow-up, we work hard to ensure no applicant falls through the cracks. It's also our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to both... More

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pindrop (Gainesville, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took 3+ months. The company came during the University career fairs. I was contacted by a recruiter after a week. Gave an aptitude test which has basic networking, Linux and Mysql related questions. Got a 30 min phone screen after that in which the again I was questioned about the Linux+mysql+TCP/IP. Final round consisted of 2 x 45min technical + 1 behavioral round.

Interview Questions

• They usually ask the minute details about linux and commands to get things done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a startup company so there is not much room for negotiation. Its take it or leave it thing.

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pindrop (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional Interview Process
    Recruiter did not call on selected date and time. I emailed him after 30 minutes and he called back saying he did not have the schedule on his calendar. I was forgiving as stuff happens to everyone. Spoke to recruiter for more than 45 minutes and was told the hiring manager would call. The conversation with hiring manager went well as I spoke beyond 45 minutes. I was later asked to complete a coding test. Few days after submitting the test, I contacted the recruiter for status. He said he will get back after finding from Engineering team. It's been 2.5 months and not a word. I was hoping a courtesy email about the status (hired/not-hired). But nothing.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asks you to find unique phone numbers from among a list of files. When Do you think you can deliver? What tools do you use?   Answer Question
    • More Linux admin questions   Answer Question
    • Detailed questions about your previous project.   Answer Question
    • Linux networking questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pindrop (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Spoke to an HR person and then a front-end software engineer even though the position as for a full-stack developer. The developer who interviewed me at the time of the interview spent only about 3 years out of school (less than half of my own experience), so it was initially a bit awkward as it was clear that the interviewer hadn't spent much time in industry or interviewing people.

The questions focused on specifics of Rails, JavaScript, and MySQL, which is not what I was expecting for a senior level interview where problem solving skills, soft skills, and general design judgment is more important that the ability to regurgitate library function/method signatures. Over the years I've had dozens of interviews, and this was the first one that solely focused on my ability to recall API references, similar to what you might find on a test in school.

The interview was essentially a series of disjointed questions where I gave my best answers and the response from the interviewer was "oh great", "got it". It was clear that he was going down a list of questions, marking which ones I answered to his satisfaction and which ones I did not answer well.

I did receive an email saying that they are looking for a more senior person, but they are really looking for a person who only spens their time working on Rails, MySQL and raw JavaScript. If you are the kind of person who uses many different tools and cannot memorize a lot of API references, then the interview will be difficult unless Ruby on Rails and MySQL is all you know.

I tried talking about JQuery approaches to some problems, but the interviewer, despite being a front-end engineer had never used JQuery. I also tried to explain that the questions that were being asked where too specific because they would only be answered by someone who had been doing a lot of green-field development and that was not me. I did not think the interviewer knew the difference between greenfield development and maintenance development.

There was no coding portion ever given.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the .find method in Ruby's active record and .find_with_id when called after deleting a record?   Answer Question
    • Describe some instances where you have left the code in better state than you left it?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a Proc, Block and a Lambda?   Answer Question
    • In JavaScript what does Apply do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what you have been doing?   1 Answer
    • What does .with_indifferent_access do?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a MySQL Timestamp and a Unix Timestamp?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about some SQL you might have fixed to become better?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.