Pioneer Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pioneer Natural Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Pioneer Natural Resources

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

Interview

On Campus Career Fair and a 30 minute interview. The interview was me and two recruiters, and they went down your resume and later asked behavioral questions. Very nice and caring interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to get out of the internship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online to a school specific job website. Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair, then got invited to interview. 30 min mainly conversational interview. They asked a few behavior questions, they mainly wanted to get to know you and went over your resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in-person interview at their Irving HQ. First interview is behavioral, no hard questions, next interview was only a few behavioral questions and mainly just to "get to know you." Be yourself and know your resume and you'll be fine.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Midland, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the company on campus where I met with two employees. The interview was 30 minutes long and was more of a get to know you interview and to see what you knew about the company. It took about a week to hear back from the company and I was invited for a second interview on site in Midland. This interview was much longer and I met with several groups of employees back to back where we discussed my resume and there was a few behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Lubbock, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with two employers. They asked very general questions about myself and why I would be a good fit for the company. Also had questions about my classes and which ones applied to the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was very personable and to the point. Interviewed by 3 people, two engineers. Very kind and welcoming to asking questions. This allowed for a very straightforward and productive interview overall.

Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus, second round on-site in Midland. The interview was very conversational, and they were more concerned about cultural fit than skills. The onboarding process is a bit of a mess. Some other candidates didn't receive an offer letter or know they were hired until after getting invited to an orientation. Many candidates never heard back at all. Some hiring managers make mistakes, such as promising sponsorship to international candidates and then withdrawing the promise after the orientation session.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were very easy with the intent to learn about cultural fit.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

On campus interview. Attended an information session the day before. Was very casual conversation, not heavily behavioral. Emphasized discussing points on the resume, and just being able to carry on a good conversation with them. I was not notified for a while until I emailed them a month later to be updated on the status.

Interview Questions

• No particular difficult question, just be able to explain things on your resume and be able to carry on a conversation with them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

On Campus interview, dinner afterwards. Submitted resume online to get the interview. It was very relaxed and easy going. I heard it was pretty competitive since a lot of people want to work at Pioneer Natural Resources.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Irving, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The internship was about two and a half hours long with four or five different people. The interview was a good mix of what your skills and proficiencies are, how you'd handle certain work situations, what your interests are, what you know about the company, etc. Fairly laid back but pretty long for an internship interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about an accomplishment you're most proud of.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.