Pod Point Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pod Point Interview Questions

Interviews at Pod Point

2.5

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point.

Interview

Apply for the job
    1. Initial phone screen.
    2. Video Interview with 3 people (don't forget to check the mic and video beforehand!)
     - the format is very laid back (more than I expected) and friendly, they want to see your motivation and thinking pattern above else.
    3. Coding challenge.
    - make sure to have your React, Laravel on point (no pun intended) as there will most likely be other aspects that will need learning!

Make sure to ask questions.
    Good luck!

Customer Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Got a response several days later after applying online and arranged for a phone interview. The interview was simple and quick where the recruiter asked questions about my cv, background and experience.

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Stages:
    1. Short Phone Interview
    2. Cultural Fit Interview
    3. Technical Test (code at home)

Just like other (Senior) candidates talking about the test I would also like to discuss this.

I applied for the Junior position and was told that they don't expect me to do the senior level requirements as they give the same test to seniors.

I implemented all the basic requirements and senior level feautures. One of the basic features is "Provide at least 1 unit or functional test".

I implemented State management, API Authentication, Navigation, Login Screen added loading states and made my application to be built in an automated way in under 4 days.

Got rejected because of "Not enough functional tests and should use Redux".

I was applying for a Junior role and the requirements said Redux was optional and advice able to seniors that are applying...

Advice: Don't apply to this job - they are looking for Juniors that can do Senior level work it seems.

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Interview

1. Short Phone Interview
    2. Cultural Interview
    3. Technical Test (code at home)

I wold like to talk about the technical test.
    The feedback they come back had many issues, incorrect assumptions, therefore I might think they have lack of understanding of some technologies.

I used React Hooks, and Global Hooks for stage and global stage management in the application. They come back that I am using Redux incorrectly, Yes as I was not even using Redux at all!!! Funny.

I used the currently suggested way of building React Apps, using hooks instead of Redux, I am surprised that they have not realized this at all, therefore if you work on the technical test I suggest you do not use React Hooks, functional components, you should use React/Redux approach, HOC, Props, etc.. The old way as they might not have the knowledge of hooks.
    Use properly the actions, reducers and combine reducer, take care of mutation if I would suggest. (do not mutate state).

On the back-end don't forget the validation, but use the Laravel validation object instead of regex validation rules on route, as they may not notice that you not implemented this in the standard way.

Don't forget to use type hints of PHP 7
    Robust testing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

The first interview went well and was focused about the company and the business model, as well as where I would fit in culture-wise. This lead me to believe the second interview would be about the actual job role itself, where someone working on the codebase would interview me and we could discuss the technical aspects.

Instead, I got the same person again and someone else who wasn't technical at all - someone in sales if I recall correctly. Why on earth was he there?? This second interview was quite possibly the worst interview I've ever had conducted. Their questions felt like they were interviewing a graduate intern fresh out of uni, rather than a software engineer with 10 years experience, or like they quickly searched online for "interview questions" 5 minutes beforehand.

I didn't understand why they wanted to ask me these questions - do they want someone who can code or not? I was already very familiar with the company and their industry, and I already covered a lot of ground in the first interview, that should have been enough.

Every time I answered one of their questions, the second interviewer would ALWAYS respond with "but why specifically do you...?". These weren't difficult questions, so I don't know what kind of answer he wanted. They seemed VERY keen to downplay my achievements too.

Half-way through this interview I realised they were just wasting my time.

The first interviewer mentioned the next step would be a technical test upon concluding this interview. However I decided not to follow up with the external recruiter I was working with at the time. I don't believe an offer was on the table anymore.

Interview Questions

• But why SPECIFICALLY is that your proudest achievement?   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

After completing the assessment interview where the recruiter discussed around my CV and experience, I was invited for a cultural interview.

Cultural interview:

The cultural interview was pretty relaxed and fun. Mostly discussed around car technologies. Then I was invited for the technical test.

Technical Test:

The provided docker-container didn't work. So I ended up implementing own docker containers which took almost 2 days.

After completing the test, I received the feedback and it came back negative. I reinvestigated and found that some of the code was not checked. So, I challenged through the recruiter and later, I received the final feedback.
    - I missed validating route parameters
    - did less documentation (I ignored it as it was for the *bonus point* as per documentation)
    - resource not used properly
    - added a DB folder to git(I misread the documentation to add db files to repo but PodPoint team concluded that I've problem understanding git)

I think these issues were very minor and since the code was fully functional and tested, pod point should have at least given me an opportunity to discuss.

But after reading the humiliating tone of the feedback, I felt better that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Which company do you like? why? what is special about them?   1 Answer
    • why people are still not using many electric cars? who is telsa's competitor?   Answer Question

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Cultural interview, followed by a tech test with I passed easily and followed by the final interview on how well I have done the test; everything went well until the final interview.

So the feedback for the test was why didn't I created validation for a single button in the form which wasn't true at all. Their form was a single on or off toggle button and nothing else. I don't believe anyone created validation for a submit form with no HTTP request at all and also validations will generate an HTTP response for a SPA app. Their docker container didn't work as well.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

First part a Cultural interview , like any other interview really with some key points such as .. what’s in your opinion a company that influenced the world the most , correct answer Microsoft and not apple 😆 .
    The second and a bit more technical interview was ok not that hard but too serious ! They gave me an electronics board to identify the components on it which I think I did great 👍 the manager was constantly on his phone , I might be boring but good manners should always be there.
    I personally had a good experience and enjoyed myself all the way.

Interview Questions

• Give us five reasons why EV are not fully integrated in our lives .   1 Answer

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

1st interview on phone then f2f interview with three people.
    Called me for second f2f interview with three people again.
    On my second interview, the hiring manager didn't tell me anything when they will get back to me. It took them 1 in a half week to come back which is a bit annoying if someone has given you the time it is always good to let them know when you will get back to them.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about electric cars in the first interview.
      Questions related to your personality.

Second interview about tools and processes.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

2 interviewers, general questions about previous experience. Dubbed a 'culture' interview to see if you're a good fit with the company however seemed like any other interview going through previous experience on cv.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company and about the electric vehicle industry   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.