Pure Gym Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pure Gym Interview Questions

Interviews at Pure Gym

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Basic, mainly a chat on experience and my goal as a PT / business. Very easy and did a small bit of role play. Overall nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

• Business plan for the next 5 years   1 Answer

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Leeds, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was the best part of the job. It was fun, involved group activities and small games. We introduced ourselves, learnt more about ethos of Pure Gym and went though a variety of presentation slides. Quite informal.

People Development Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Leeds, England).

Interview

I applied for a the above role in March and within a day had a really enthusiastic call with the recruitment manager, she was exciting by my experience and informed me that I was exactly what they were looking for, This contact continued for a week checking details and she was awaiting a conversation with the HRD, then it all went quiet.

After a few weeks of chasing and getting response I finally got an out of office response saying the recruitment manager had left the organisation, within the email there was a forwarding email. I enquires as to what was happening with the role and my application, this was in the middle of April.

Fast forward 4 weeks, I finally get a response saying upon reflection I did not meet the brief and they had other candidates closer aligned. No one had bothered to contact me to follow up so whoever took over the recruitment of that role wouldn’t know whether I fulfilled the brief.

In my opinion this is an appalling way to treat a candidate, and to go from one recruiter being enthusiastic saying I was exactly what their HRD was saying she needed to not meeting the brief is beyond puzzling.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Manchester, England) in May 2019.

Interview

1 hour interview with manager and assistant manager asking of my background and how I would be a good PT, they were very nice and reassuring they would be great at helping grow my business

Interview Questions

• If my client stood on the scales and saw no weight loss how would I handle this   Answer Question

Member Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Leeds, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Phoned up to be invited to face to face interview. Team Interview including a presentation about Pure Gym, then individual interview about availability etc. Didn't find it stressful at all and made to feel at ease and welcome by interview team.

Interview Questions

• What would you take with you on a desert island and why   1 Answer
    • Type speed test   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Hull, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Sending an email then 1-1 interview with the manager lasted about 30 minutes with a practical interview talking to members. Qualifications and insurance check along with a fee of £200 for uniform

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a PT and what could you add to the team.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Gym.

Interview

Formal interview and demonstrating customer service skills. Also, demonstrating an understanding of the fitness industry and where you see yourself in future. As a personal trainer working in the gym, you should be able to help members even if you are not on shift.

Fitness Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Holborn, England).

Interview

Leading a gym floor induction (content will be provided on the day to deliver) 15-30 mins
    Leading a very simple group exercise class (can be a circuit or any type of studio class) 10-15 mins
    Participating in the other candidates classes (45-60mins)
    Short 1-2-1 interview (15 mins max)

Anonymous Employee in Luton, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Luton, South West England, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Requested to spend a shift session of 5hr for Assessment - Asked to approach gym members to find out motivations for training/ and possible alternatives. Perform normal hourly tasks required of PT's. Asked to construct and instruct a 15 min class for assessment.
    End of session interview discussing personal motivations for wanting the job and performance on above together with peer review of performance throughout session.

Interview Questions

• What's your level of gym experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pure Gym (Enfield, England) in September 2015.

Interview

A quick chat with management to see your fit personality and qualification wise for the team. Once the 1:1 is complete they will send you a job offer via email if they think you are a good fit

Interview Questions

• Most questions are very generic and not hard to answer. Why us? What makes you a team player and stuff as such   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.