Qantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Qantas Interview Questions

Interviews at Qantas

AME Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qantas in January 2019.

Interview

I recently had a job interview with qantas and the experience i had was rather conventional and not particularly memorable. That being said, i got the job and the culture is quite negative.

Digital Marketing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was first invited to do a recorded video interview, where I was asked pre-written questions and did not interact live with a representative – a bit intimidating but it was fine. I then had a casual phone call with a marketing manager, who was wonderfully transparent about the role, responsibilities, and salary to ensure it would be a good fit in both directions. Finally, I had an in-person interview with two members of the marketing team. While I wasn't given the position, the marketing manager I'd been interacting with gave me a call to let me know his reasons for choosing another candidate. In every other interview I've done elsewhere, I was rejected either via an impersonal email or never heard back at all, so I was really impressed by the fact that he took the time to call and explain his reasoning. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had anywhere!

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated these skills in previous roles?   Answer Question

GSE Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

One session of vetting that includes the basic interview questions. Getting to know you and all your prior experience. Next is an actual indepth interview with maintenance and operations chief. Theres a bit of grilling and playing 'stump the chump' to determine how you react in everyday maintenance and operations svenarios. Duration about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you hold any automotive mechanic certifications?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

Interview

It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

1 phone interview, and 1 in-person interview. Both rounds included a case study question and behavioural questions. Interview questions were of average difficulty and involved follow up questions describing prior experiences

Interview Questions

• Case study question on estimating the revenue of a public swimming pool   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

I applied online in mid/late October. Approximately a week later I received a link to an online questionnaire with standard behavioural questions. There's no time limit so you have plenty of time to carefully plan out your answers!

In early November I received an invitation to an assessment centre in December. The interview consisted of:
    1. A presentation / document collection / height check
    2. Group activity
    3. English comprehension test
    4. One-on-one interview

The group activity was lots of fun and pretty relaxed. At each table 2 recruiters will be watching and assessing you, but try your best to ignore them and pretend they aren't there.

The English comprehension was fairly basic and you have plenty of time to complete it. As long as you read the questions carefully, you'll be fine.

The one-on-one interview was the most difficult part of the process, but still enjoyable. You will be asked general questions about your availability/base preferences, before going into more in-depth behavioural questions. They give you plenty of time to think about your answers, so try to stay calm and plan them out before you speak. You will be interviewed by actual Qantas flight attendants, so it's a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the role!

A few days later I received an email advising me I had progressed to reference checks. Now waiting to find out more!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

panel interview followed by a panel interview. the process has changed a lot since I started. Now potential FA's are required to undergo a hire-view digital interview followed by a panel interview.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Hobart (Australia)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial online interview took longer than expected.
    Online with questions and plenty of time to think, but answers limited to 200 words. The interview consisted on 5 questions and you could pause and come back to a question at anytime. The answers were in a typed formst

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a client   Answer Question

International Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2019.

Interview

1st step is to apply online upload resume and cover letter then if your successful in progressing to the next stage you will then have to answer a online questionnaire. If you progress through that you then are invited to attend an assessment day which consists of 3 activities one on one interview was great they ask you about 6 behavioural questions, group activity where they give you a scenario and you discuss what’s more important and then there is a written test which is a combination of maths and vocabulary also known as abstract reasoning tests some were pretty basic and some were extremely hard and I thought that was unnecessary.

Occupational Rehabilitation Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

I received a phone call from Talent Acquisition a week after submitting an application (Monday). I was told in the phone consultation that "the National Manager loved your application and is keen to get you in for an interview. He thinks you would be a perfect fit for the team". I was advised that interviews were to be held next week (Tuesday) with the National Rehabilitation Manager and Regional Safety Manager. I was also advised to clear my schedule and Talent Acquisition person would contact me in a few days to confirm the time.

I waited to the end of the week with no phone call and made contact with Talent Acquisition myself on the Friday. You could imagine my surprise when I was told (by the same Talent Acquisition person as last phone call) "they earmarked a great candidate and interviewed them on Thursday". This comment was backed up with "but I haven't heard how they went. Are you still interested in the position if the other candidate fell over during the interview". I really didn't want to say yes, but I agreed to see if I could get an opportunity to speak directly with the hiring manager. I was once again advised by Talent Acquisition that she would contact me back, which never occurred. I received an email 4 weeks later to advise that I was unsuccessful.

Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the biopsychosocial approach to injury management?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.