QinetiQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at QinetiQ

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Interview

different rounds of conversations and technical tests within different disciplines. negoatiations and questions and answers in both directions. quite serious but not over the top flexible in the agenda sometimes multiple people sometimes one person in a room

No Idea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a very excited recruiter who had received my resume from a recruiter friend of mine. Within a week, I met with a business development director who was staffing a program for a potential win. He gave me the thumbs up, and then I interviewed with the program director. The site where the business development director was located seemed very sullen and dark and had very few employees in the office (not a surprise). The administrative assistant who was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie (surprising for corporate attire) seemed to be bored and had left me in the lobby for 30 minutes past the expected interview start with no explanation. I would not describe the place as having any energy at all and seemed to be very sad.

The program director interviewed me at a grocery store that was down the road from the business development director's site. He had gotten himself a cup of coffee at their Starbucks kiosk before I arrived but did not ask me if I wanted to get any refreshments for myself, and quickly launched into the interview. He asked odd questions that led me to believe he thought I was going to try to take his job if I was hired. He told me he liked to work from home and did not go into the office unless it was necessary. I can say for sure that I was never interviewed for a professional IT job at a grocery store before.

I'm not sure for which position I was being interviewed since my resume went directly from recruiter to recruiter. The business development director asked questions about a task lead position but that seemed to be far below my skillset and experience, also having been a director for 5 years.

Seems like the company is a collection of companies that have come together but there is no real direction or cohesiveness. I would have liked to work on that program and do like the client that they support at that location. Would have been a wonderful commute as well. Happy employee? I could have been!

Interview Questions

• The second interviewer asked me whether I wanted to run a few programs (his job) or did I want to just be on a program. I wasn't sure how to answer the question because I've run large organizations far above his pay grade in the past.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Chaotic and long winded.
    Onboarding was even worse!
    Wouldn't tell me the job details due to "security considerations"
    2 HR interviews and 2 SME interviews.
    The interview process should have prepared me for the disorganised nature of the business. Nice people, but lacked focus.

Interview Questions

• Was really a conversation rather than an interview   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (London, England).

Interview

Initial chat with the hiring manager to run through CV, discuss the role and get to know each other. Then formal second round interview with hiring manager, HR manager and business line director. This included a case study and competency based questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult relationship you turned around
      Describe a difficult piece of business you managed
      How do you manage a team
      What is your leadership style   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Worst process ever, no communication or feedback whatsoever took 12 weeks to get a response if they can update candidates they are progressing they can for others. Corona is not an excuse to treat candidates poorly.

Graduate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Malvern, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Due to covid-19 the interview was a video interview using HireVue.
    I was interviewed by two people, the manager of the team I will be joining and a more technical data scientist who asked more knowledge based questions.
    Both people were extremely friendly which made me relaxed and a bit more at ease to answer questions.
    The HR employee who called before the interview recommended I research some projects that Qinetiq has done to show my enthusiasm to the interviewers. I think this helped a little bit but they didn't explicitly ask me for any examples before I mentioned them.
    Out of the interviews I have had, this was a lot more technical knowledge based and didn't really have any questions that seem pointless. E.g. Tell me your weaknesses...

Interview Questions

• Explain the various types of algorithms used in machine learning   1 Answer
    • What function would you use at the end of a neural network to make it a classifier model   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Applied via indeed. Completed an aptitude test online based on games. Did a pre recorded interview. Not a lot of questions based around psychology, very difficult. Questions threw me off.

Graduate Commercial Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

There was an initial application, then tests and there was supposed to be a video interview after the tests. The process was a shambles - the video interview was sent out, and this was shortly followed by an email from HR stating the video interview should not be completed as it had not been updated. They never sent a new video interview and they haven't responded to any of my emails. Last week I received an email stating I had not been picked for the assessment centre, despite not ever being sent the video interview. I have a very poor impression of the company and I wouldn't accept an offer if they gave me one.

Interview Questions

• They asked none as they didn't send me the updated video interview.   Answer Question

Applied Science Graduate (Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Started of well but the process went downhill.

initially applied before in Oct.
    Step 1:
    was sent an email just before Christmas saying i'll be sent online assessments in January. The email specified that it would be an online interview. After getting a suit on and started the "interview" it turned out to be game based tests with no interview (quick maths, spacial awareness ect). They returned automated feedback fairly quickly. It said that the next step (video Interview) would be sent out in a few weeks but nothing came. after a little while i was told i was successful and would receive further information later.

Step 2:
    Late February i was sent an email on a Thursday that said i would need to go to Farnborough for an assessment day on the following Monday. The email stated an itinerary of 3 group exercises and a technical one on one interview. On their were around 100 people all going for various roles. Roughly 6 people per role. The assessment day was actually fairly pleasant although at the end there was no technical interview. The group exercises were standard team based scenarios where you were grouped with people going for the same role. the assesors re the prospecting managers in the departments you're going for. The people that did well in these where people that got stuck in and worked well with others and didn't try to dominate the group. I personally found being open to other group members suggestions makes you look open minded in a positive way. the 6 candidates in my group were fairly nice and we all worked together as apposed to competing. after we were told that we would be contacted withing a week.

Step 3:
    Around a week later after the assessment day i received an email stating i had a video interview the next morning. I also received a phone call from the main guy running the recruitment to say he apologises for the short notice, they were having difficulty choosing the last candidate hence why they want another interview. He told me to look into case studies of Qinetiq and information about what Qinetiq is. He also said that he will push for an answer by the weekend and get back to me. The next morning i did the interview. It was with 3 of the line managers. Two of them i met at the assessment day and one i didn't. Immediately after they asked me the first question i realised the information i was given by the recruiter was misleading. The questions were weapons designed based. Given that information on Qinetiq's weapons systems requires security clearance this was not easily researched in less than one day. The interview lasted around 20 mins.

After this i received zero further contact. I even tried emailing and calling the supplied numbers. To not receive even an email to tell me i was unsuccessful is extremely bad manners. The entire process was riddled with misinformation, short notices and cock-ups.

Applied Science Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in February 2020.

Interview

CV, maths games on phone, video interview questions then assessment centre. Assessment Centre was very relaxed basically just chatting all day and some group exercises. One final zoom technical interview due to them not being able to fit it in at the assessment centre then no communication for months.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.