Qkids Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Qkids Interview Questions

Interviews at Qkids

2.3

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth, once you fill out the application you will be asked to do a virtual lesson to prepare you for the mock class with a hiring specialist. Once you do the mock class you will be assigned real students for the final decision.

Online English Teacher Interview

Interview

Friendly interviewer but standards must be met. Dedicated teaching space required and practiced teaching experience must be shown and demonstrated during interview. Study materials thoroughly for success, preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an associates degree?   3 Answers

Teacher Interview

Interview

First I completed a Video of me reading a children's book. I then received a virtual interview. The virtual interview included showing how to use the technology. After I passed the virtual interview I completed live/trial classes. I think I did 3 trial classes. I was still paid for the trial classes.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with an older kid vs a younger kid?   1 Answer

Online English Tutor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Qkids in May 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application twice with this company. The first time I applied through Indeed They kept sending me E-mails asking me to submit a demo introducing myself and pretending to read a story to children. I submitted the information, but a few hours later I was rejected with no feed back. Then a few months later I decided to apply a second time since I got my tefl certificate. I prepared for the demo, got a background, and props ready to demonstrate 3 objects. I put so much energy and work into it just to be rejected again hours later. Again no feed back. I think They didn't like that I am black, seems like some of these Chinese companies tend to hire only white teachers. So if you aren't white don't even bother applying.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? What is your highest degree level?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

webcam based conversation after submitting a short video of reading a children's book. Need to show enthusiasm and joy in order to get the offer. Sent in the video and then got a face to face over webcam to talk with my team leader.

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qkids in January 2020.

Interview

Look into other online teaching companies, this one is a waste of your time. Their hiring team is terrible, they are very unprofessional and unorganized. In the first step of the interview process, you have to submit a resume, state your availability and record an intro video. My recruiter was irresponsive and misleading. They claim they will answer questions but they do not respond or give you clear answers on what to expect moving forward. I do not recommend applying here! They kept annoying me with emails to apply and I felt like it might be a good opportunity but I was mistaken. Manage your company the correct way!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any teaching experience?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After taking an English test for Q kids I was sent several emails asking me to send an introduction video and computer specs.
    After sending this in I was asked to send a video of me reading a children’s story. I did this.
    After messaging one to two times a week asking me to move along with my application they send me an automated message saying they can’t move forward with me because of the volume of applications. So why did you keep messaging me?
    I really don’t buy it to be honest. For me it was a waste of time and I just thought others should be aware of my experience. You may think you’re being courted but that may not be the case.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qkids (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

It was very easy going and the interviewer was super sweet. She answered all of my questions and made sure that the application process, interview, mock classes, and other training materials were organized and scheduled.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

They give you assignments on some videos and slides to go through about what to expect as a teacher and some tips on the interview and the teaching app. You schedule a time and an interviewer tests your knowledge of the application with your interviewer then go through slides and demonstrate how you would teach them and they give you tips and feedback.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qkids.

Interview

A weird amount of trials and demos, purchasing equipment, and taking about 2 months, that led to this email:
    "After careful review, we have determined that this would not be a good fit and are unable to offer you an invitation to move on. You looked tired during that class and lack of energy during teaching. And it would be much better if your class is oriented by student talk instead of teacher talk.

This feels like a cop-out, as all other reviews were positive up to this point. This organization seems to value yelling above all else- just watch their demo videos. Disappointed, but also baffled by the length of the process and the general unprofessional-ism.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in teaching at Qkids?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.