Quadient Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Quadient Interview Questions

Interviews at Quadient

2.7

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quadient (Milford, CT (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Terrible! I applied for a director-level role and was turned down for that position, but wasn't made away of it until I reached out to follow-up with the hiring manager. I never dealt with a recruiter or HR person during the process. Upon following up, I was told I was well-liked and qualified for another opening on the same team and was redirected to a Field Marketing Manager role even though it wasn't actually an open position yet. I interviewed for it and was told they needed to get approvals before moving me forward. After a few weeks went by, I was told that I would be extended an offer, only to find out the role was never "open" and was awaiting HR approval (despite having approvals from all others in the department, including the CFO globally.) I was essentially told many times over several months via email and phone calls that the job was mine, but that I needed to wait on the open job req before they could extend me an official offer. Meanwhile, other jobs within the organization were posted on the corporate website and LinkedIn page, however, this one never was.

The communication and candidate experience were both horrible. I felt like I was being strung along. After a 3 month long process, I ended up accepting a job elsewhere. To date, I have not heard from the hiring manager for this role, despite letting her know that I was withdrawing myself from consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe various marketing campaigns I worked on that related to the role.   Answer Question

Quadient Response

29 Jul 2020 – Director, HR

Upon reading through your feedback, I reached out to the Field Marketing team to get an understanding of the events surrounding your hiring process. This was an unfortunate series of circumstances that was compounded by the effects of the pandemic that resulted in a lengthy hiring process. We can assure you that this was very unusual for us and we truly regret that you had such a negative experience. We hope that in the future you would still consider us as a potential employer. Good luck with your new opportunity.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quadient.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me to schedule a time to do a first round HR phone screen. I responded with my availability within an hour. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• This employer contacted me to schedule an interview and then stopped responding to me.   Answer Question

Quadient Response

27 Nov 2019

Thank you for your response on Glassdoor. We make every effort to ensure that each candidate has a positive interaction with Quadient during our interview process. Our apologies that this was not your experience. We are undergoing a lot of change in order to refocus on our exciting Back to Growth strategy, and that change may have affected our recruitment process. We have sent your comments to our VP, Talent Acquisition to investigate and ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for your candid feedback and we hope this does not dissuade you from applying to future positions with Quadient.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quadient (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Went great! They were very positive and I was able to vibe well with them. I went through a phone interveiw and then an in person after that. The full process took 2 weeks.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quadient (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

First had a phone interview. After a week I followed up with the recruiter and he never got back to me. I then received a call from another person who wanted to have the phone interview right then and there. As it wasn’t a good time, we rescheduled. She then missed that call and texted me later that night after if I was available, which I wasn’t. I told her my availability for the next day and the next day she called me at a time when I told her I wasn’t available. When I called back she didn’t answer and her voicemail was full. I then receive a rejection email two days later. Then a few days after she contacted me again wanting to schedule and in person interview. The whole process was very disorganized and confusing and in the end it made me not want to continue the interview process with neopost

Interview Questions

• Questions about my past experiences and how they correlate to this role   Answer Question

Order Entry Interview

Interview

Described the position and responsibilities, meetings goals, mandatory overtime. What to expect with training and that it would take a good 6 months to get comfortable with the position. Then just chatted about ourselves .

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quadient.

Interview

HR screening then quick over the phone with the district manager and then met him in person a week later for an hour. From there interviewed with a senior team member of his the following week, everything went well all around with all interviews according to everyone I interviewed with... but, I never heard back and the district manager went MIA.

I don’t expect to get every job I interview for but just respond and say we are looking elsewhere, it’s common courtesy. Even if it’s a month later most decent companies will have HR send out a blast email saying they have moved on. Now I’m being offered a job with a competitor of theirs and it makes me want to accept even more because of the 4 unanswered emails to the district manager and lack of professionalism.

Good luck Neopost, with a team like that you’re in trouble! 😬

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lost a sale and how you responded?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quadient in March 2019.

Interview

On March 5th I had a 30-minute phone interview with a Neopost recruiter. The conversation was mostly focused on discussing my resume and the job description in response to my questions about the position. As the end of the call when I asked what the next steps and timeline are I was told I would be contacted in two weeks as to whether or not I would be granted a second interview.
    Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge I never received a call or email witin the two-weeks nor did I received any call or email in response to 3 follow up calls/emails asking for an update on the status. That's behavior I've come to expect from an independent recruiter or smaller firm, but not a global company.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quadient (Tampa, FL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Initial phone discussion with Barry Edge (internal Recruiter) was informative and professional. Three separate face to face interviews followed and then a phone discussion with the National VP of Sales. They were all very personable and informative. It was apparent that they wanted to be thorough for the benefit of the company but also for my best interest.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in an organization?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quadient (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a fast response. Took an online coding assessment then got set up for an interview with the development manager. This consisted of a lot of technical questions, mostly javascript related. Then there were two more assessments during the interview conducted online, also javascript. After this was done I got to ask some questions, then received a very fast response they would be moving forward with other candidates.

In the email I received, this line is concerning: "Unfortunately we cannot provide specific feedback as it may be held against us." Really? Companies are not under any obligation to give specific feedback, but just leave that line out. This makes the company look shady. Personally for me, as javascript heavy as the job seemed and as tired as the manager sounded, it didn't sound like a role I would be interested in taking. But, you should be proud of the company that you work for and have that show during the interview that this is the place to be! I made the mistake once of accepting an offer when the interviewers sounded dead and lifeless, never again. And if you're not going to give feedback, don't say too much in the rejection email that makes your company look like they're hiding something. Keep it simple and straight to the point.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quadient (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

I saw a posting through LinkedIn and applied. A week later an internal recruiter emailed me and we set up some time for a phone interview. They proceeded to grill me for about 20 minutes on my resume, my background, and my expectations. After answering all of their questions they told me that as standard procedure I'd have to take a few coding tests and if I passed I'd move on to the next round which was supposedly a phone interview with the hiring manager. They then tried to end the call without allowing me to ask any questions of my own so I stopped them and mentioned that there were a few details I was curious about before we wrapped up.

This is where it got interesting. They couldn't tell me what level the role would be at because they wanted to hire everyone at the same level then have everyone prove who the best fits were for senior or lead roles. This was in spite of them telling me they wanted a senior-level engineer that could guide the team and the fact that I have a proven track record in the industry. They couldn't tell me what specific technologies I'd be working with. I brought up the languages and tools mentioned in the job description but was told those are only examples and that the job might be different. They couldn't tell me anything about the salary or benefits, even though they had asked me for my desired pay, because they were still working out the details on what they considered fair for the area. All they would say is they felt their offers were competitive. They couldn't even tell me where the office was located because they were still working out the details on a lease and that whatever building they chose might not be permanent if they find a better deal somewhere else. I could have a commute right up the road or to the other side of town. The recruiter also seemed annoyed that I would ask any questions at all. Nonetheless when I had finished asking my own questions they told me to expect the link to the coding tests along with next steps within the next few days and we ended the call. I never did hear back and didn't consider following up to be worth it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.