RICS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

RICS Interview Questions

Interviews at RICS

3.3

Head of Training - North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RICS (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Online form , followed by one phone screen then a video link interview with two stakeholders in New York. There was a real sense of urgency around getting the interview scheduled, and the interviewers stressed they would be getting back to candidates with feedback very quickly. This did not happen, more than two weeks passed, I then reached out to the recruiter who replied that she thought someone had already gotten back to me and they would not be going forward with my candidacy, no other feedback was given (or available apparently).

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly standard behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Interview

The interview lasts for about 1 hr and divided into 2 parts. The first part is mainly about self-introduction and some follow-up questions regarding to your CV. The second part is about your response to different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you response if your client said he is now unemployed?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RICS (Birmingham, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I was met in the reception area and met by the manager of my department for the interview. I was brought into a presentation room and interviewed with another person present. I was asked various questions related to the the position and given a numerical and demo test of the work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team if you were successful ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RICS (Birmingham, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online, after a few DAYS I received an email requesting me tk complete some tests which were very easy. I was then emailed to inform me that I had passed the test and to attend an interview but no one rang me at all throughout this process which was a bit odd. I then attended an interview where the same old questions were asked about what I know about the company, the role and some competency based questions. The people interviewing me lead me to believe that they were impressed with the research I had done on the RICS. I was then left alone to complete a numeracy test which was very easy along with an email reply which I had to write on another sheet of paper. I asked the women to repeat some of the competency questions which I guess didn't go down too well. Either way someone did get back to me as promised but again by email informing me that I was unsuccessful. I didn't raise any objections to the very low pay during the interview for obvious reasons but it seems that they have very high expectations here during their interviews. Throughout the interview both women kept constantly smirking at me when I gave replies to their questions as if it was all a big joke to them.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RICS.

Interview

Telephone interview (30 mins) > Online psychometric test (an hour)> case study test (an hour)> face to face interview with two panels (1.5 hours). The case study was challenging as the question and materials provided were a little confusing. Questions during the interview were very good. They gave very good questions which all seemed very relevant. The hiring manager was willing to give feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face in your previous roles and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RICS (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2018.

Interview

The first one was a phone interview was with the HR for less than 20 mins, he asked most of the standard questions. The HR scheduled 2nd interview in-meeting with the MD within a week.

Interview Questions

• This is a senior position but the big boss would expect me to memorize exactly who they are, what they do from their "ABOUT US" . I believe we should spend the time to share about my experience and why I fit the position.   Answer Question

Head Office Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at RICS (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

A series of written, oral, logic, and maths tests are a must. followed by two interviews one with the VP and the other with the Head of External Comms.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you had to make in your career   Answer Question

Assistant Company Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RICS (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied for the role in June. Went through two interviews one was very frosty then 2nd interview in mid July, chased and chased and only found out the outcome by a late night email from HR 8 weeks after final interview. Feedback and communications were very very poor.

Regulatory Investigation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RICS (Birmingham, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted CV, then progressed to telephone interview, 2 days later I was advised I had secured a formal interview that would take place two weeks later. The formal interview included an in tray excercise followed by a competency based interview. Following interview was advised I would receive a call within 48 hours with a decision. I did not receive a call back as promised or any communication, the job has now been reposted.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions about personality assessment that I had no time to prep for   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RICS (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a vacancy that was withdrawn after I had submitted my CV and was not actually advertised on the careers section of the company’s website. The process took several days.

Polite and relaxed interview with one manager. General lengthy discussion about the role and the department before being asked specifics about my experience in relation to the role, despite the submission of a detailed CV. It was claimed that the recruitment process, which was involving many applicants, would require a second interview. This was where my “no-offer” came from, given there was no second interview.

I can’t really fault how this interview was actually conducted on the day in terms of being done in a friendly manner, but it came across as a flawed and poorly-executed recruitment process, which was reinforced by the feedback where a few of the identified shortfalls in experience were actually new or niche requirements not listed in the original job advertisement that I had responded to. As a result, the interview came across as more of a sifting exercise, as would normally be done before an applicant is called in, and was thus seen as a waste of this applicant's time and expense attending. One could thus assume that the second interview was either for approval of the selected candidate or the actual interview for the role.

Interview Questions

• “What do you know about the RICS?”   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.