Red Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Red Box Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Box

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Box.

Interview

Clear and efficient, the interview was very balanced and gave me a very good understanding of the company and the structure of the organisation. Enough to make a decision where I wanted to work.

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

An introductory call on general questions, and then a technical assessment on code design test, which took about an hour. The whole process lasted about one week. The introductory part was fairly simple, and they actually focused on the technical part.

Service Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Box.

Interview

2 standard interviews. Hiring process was very positive - informal questions about company and a fairly normal interview format. Lots of chances to find out more about company and individuals to make the right decision.

Support Development Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Box (Nottingham, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of two sessions. The first session was a technical "test" with a member of the development team. The second session was with the line manager for the position and the a member from Organisational Performance. This was more of a conversation where both sides were trying to find out more about each other. It was official but casual and undaunting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a team member who wasn't pulling his weight?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradmore, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Box (Bradmore, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I had to travel about three hours to get there as I was living somewhere in London. Appreciated the fact that they have arranged my interview according to my journey scheduled hours. I found the reception and I notified them of my arrival. I was waiting not more than 10 minutes and everyone that was crossing the reception room was asking me if I need anything. I have found this very encouraging and actually helped me to overcome any other thoughts and any stress from the travel I had at the moment.
    I found the procedure to evaluate my skills very normal and actually very smart. I was given a progressive task to write a program. Once I was completing the first task then I was requested to do something more complicated and change my code. At the same time, I was discussing with my evaluator different options and different technics I could use to implement it.
    Once my evaluation completed I had an interview with the Head of Development and Head of HR. Again, a very normal and expected procedure for my previous roles, achievements and how I contributed to them followed by a discussion about the company’s vision, the technologies and what was their expectations. At this point, I have discovered more details about the business and the role and it is then I got excited to get this job because in my perspective it is challenging. The contact with the people there in person played a significant role in my excitement as well.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join Red Box Recorders?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Box (Nottingham, England) in December 2016.

Interview

I was left sitting in a entrance room for 10 mins. The phone did not work to call through.
    normal do you like working in a team stuff. Then lots of questions about if i had a life outside work. Repeatably asked about my physical fitness in relation to sport i did and only stopped when i said i had a medical ever year.
    they spoke about audio and i asked if there was any dsp work. The guy thought i meant a network protocol.
    the tech guy got hung up about x!=0 or !x and didn't know about using streams for converting numbers to strings in c++
    was given small slow laptop to work on and could barely read it while the guy looked over my shoulder at every key press.
    Finally got really cagey when i asked about hours, i knew it was over then when weekend work was mentioned. They also said they have no oversees workers which didn't match with what i had read.
    I was skeptical this being a company that makes tools for suppressing a workforce and i think i was right

Interview Questions

• normal do you like working in a team stuff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradmore, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Box (Bradmore, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was competency based and consisted of two face to face meetings with the hiring manager.

All staff that I came into contact with upon arrival at the office made excellent first impressions and were very friendly and approachable. Even staff that were just passing by made the effort to greet me and make conversation.

I was talked through the scope and objectives of the role and had a good idea of the business's expectations. The discussions at interview were open, honest and frank in terms of both the positive and negative aspects of the role which enabled me to make an informed decision as to whether the role was right for me.

Cultural fit was given equal weighting to technical ability - it was refreshing to see a business ensuring they not only got an applicant who was capable of fulfilling the role but someone who also shares and would be able to contribute to the Company values and culture.

I was personally offered the role at the second interview as opposed to hearing this second hand through the agency which I felt was a nice personal touch. I received my offer letter electronically that same day.

The process was fast but effective and communications were excellent throughout. My line manager maintained contact in the interim between interview and commencement of employment which made transition into the business easier and other members of the team were in contact to welcome me on board and to ensure I was included in the upcoming Christmas festivities!

Overall I had a very positive interview experience with Red Box Recorders.

Interview Questions

• How do you tailor your approach to different personality types within a diverse workforce and can you tell me about a time when you did this?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradmore, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Box (Bradmore, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to the company via an existing colleague, so the process from instigation to interview was very straight forward and speedy.

The interview was very friendly, but also very frank, open and transparent. So I was confident I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a "red" build during development   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Box (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Not good. Interviewer did not know what SIP was, SIP mate! Really, Asked of that bat that this job requires mostly weekend , holiday and after hours work with no extra pay, how do you comp for this time then, blank stair. .

Interview Questions

• All around bad news mate, could not tell me what I was supposed to do as an engineer, asked if I like to work on weekends and after hours also holidays with little compensation, who does that?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.