Redgate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Redgate Software

3.2

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Overall there were 3 interviews, and although I did not get offered a position I did go through their entire interview process for the job. Initially started by applying online, they got back to me probably a week after scheduled a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes, just a typical phone screening plus some questions on what the job entails.

After the phone interview they invited me into the office for a two hour interview with two of the office managers. Pretty standard interview aside from an exercise where I had to explain what the internet was (they give you the prompt before the interview so you can prepare). I was told I did very well during the exercise and it wasn't that hard as long as you put a bit of time into it, still a hassle to make applicants go through that in my opinion.

Lastly, they brought me back into the office for a final third round interview with two other team members from the office, the intention of this interview was supposed to be more cultural focused. But honestly though, I feel that it was somewhat repetitive, but a little more relaxed and not as long without the exercise.

I received positive feedback after every interview but was not offered a position ultimately despite being fairly well qualified for the position. Just a side tangent: but the HR lady also seemed incredibly fake talking about the company's culture and values, but couldn't even give a remotely competent answer to why I was not selected for the position, really just your typical corporate/tech lingo. The whole process took about 3 weeks and it turned out to be a massive waste of time, but the company seems like it would have been pretty good to work for at the end of the day.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

DONT EVEN BOTHER GOING TO INTERVIEW
    The email said to be there before 8:30a, but they didn't start until 9am. Split us into groups and evaluated in a group setting and individually. Felt like a lab rat with the viewers quietly sitting there and taking notes.
    Had lunch at 2p and gave us a sandwhich. The managers and recruiters took 1.5 hrs for their lunch and deliberated over us.
    at almost 4p they called us back to the main room and called out half the name like we were on reality TV called out those who made it to the next round.
    The last round was for individual panel and that took another 4 hours! We were there until 8pm and didnt even get dinner!
    They said there were 4 positions open, they only hired 2 people at the end of the night!
    So after 12 hours (some of us had kids, pets, other responsibilities) and they didnt even let us know ahead of time, they chose 2 people and only kept us there that long so they could take a group pic with the two! As we all walked out we saw them taking the picture. It was surreal, felt like reality TV or some type of social experiment.
    We didnt want the job by the end of the horrible experience. What a mess.

Interview Questions

• Create a group name, describe how the internet works, create a new product   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

This was a very strenuous interview process.
    Phone Interview
    They ask basic questions
    Second Phone Interview
    More in depth and it is actually a video conference, here they go in depth about experience and why you feel like you are qualified, from then you make a face pitch selling yourself to upper management
    Third and Final Interview
    This is a 3+ hour process, first you give a presentation on a case study using limited information then you are supplied with a white paper and asked to explain how the internet works. After this they let you know if you move on to the final interview that day.

Unfortunately for me I was no moved forward but asked if I would consider another role within the company which I replied yes but was later let know that they felt I was not a fit. . . I feel as if they could have said that earlier then have me go through another interview only to say that the same managers i met with said no thanks

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone screen was good, but lacked feedback from the screener for over a week. The in person interview was 2 hours including a presentation and quiz on a paper provided ahead of time. Overall not the hardest interview in the world.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA (US)).

Interview

Fairly in line with the other reviews. Phone screening and then a phone interview with manager. Then an in-person which is a 2 part interview. It used to be 2 separate interviews but they were transparent in saying that if you do not make it through the first part, then they'll just say thanks but they're going a different direction and you won't continue to the second half that day.
    First part is standard, why sales, why this and that, Resume overview, background, etc. Then you are required to do a presentation on the topic they gave you.
    I was asked to stay for the 2nd half. The 2nd part consists of various scenarios in which you are asked how you would handle it. Then you get 10 minutes to prepare for a mock call where you call the manager (theyre in another room on speaker) and you play out the scenario. They give you CRM notes.

The company has a flat management structure, seems to have good work life balance, and people here seem generally happy.

Given the fact that it was my sales job back when I interviewed with them, I could have done better on the mock calls. It was good experience that ended up getting me my first sales job for a better company.

Note: Be aware however of what this position is. You are not paid commission which is spun as a positive but in actuality this is a very good position to get your feet wet with experience for about a year. The draw of sales is the high pay so getting paid $45-55 (max) with no chance at promotion is a dead end job with high churn. Great for students and people with no sales experience but there is no promotion structure. The general sense I got was they will treat you well, train you and it will be a good time with a decent entry level salary while you are there, but you will leave to better and greater things once the experience you gain surpasses the position. They actually said this.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software in September 2015.

Interview

Great prompt communication with HR, r/c e-mail for phone interview within 1 week. Interviewer called me at right time and was very friendly. Lasted about 30 minutes. Asked question about my background and the nature of work - a lot of program/software related questions. R/c follow-up e-mail within 1.5 week that I didn't get approved for in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SQL?
      What do you like and not like about MAC and PC?
      When/how did you extend extra customer service?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

1. Phone Chat
    2. Technical Assessment in addition to two case studies and a sales role play
    3. Behavioral Interview

The sales team is looking for a particular type of person who knows about consultative sales esp. SPIN selling. The interview was difficult but a great learning experience!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

The interviews are casual, but very thorough. It is important to the company that you fit into the culture and have drive and motivation to succeed. Eagerness to learn and better yourself is also important. There are 3 interviews total, one phone screen and two in-person interviews. The phone interview will go over your previous experience, why you want to work at this company, and why you want the position. It is also to screen your phone manner. The first in-person interview will go more in-depth about your previous experience and how you apply your experience to the position. It is also very much about personality at this point and what kind of management style you work best in. The second in-person interview will include a presentation, where HR gives you a question ahead of time and you must demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate technical knowledge. This presentation also tests your ability to learn technical knowledge and how you present this knowledge.

Make sure you are able to go in-depth with your previous experience if need be--they will catch any/all BS that you make up by continuously asking follow-up questions if they think you're lying. It is important that you ask questions and be yourself in these interviews as that is critically important to this company when hiring anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Why Red Gate?   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a face to face interview. this was the most challenging. they want you to do a presentation on how the Internet works and you're to explain it in layman's terms, aka to someone who is not technical. the purpose is to see how well you can learn technical concepts and word them in the most easy to understand way. after this, there's a second face to face interview to see how good of a cultural fit you are for the company. if you're progressive and articulate, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Online technical assessment on OOP java that has no time limit. It was on interfaces and classes. Then I was contacted very shortly after I submitted the online technical assessment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions on java: 1 on double linked list and the other to write a fuction to parse a string into an integer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.