Rio Tinto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rio Tinto Interview Questions

Interviews at Rio Tinto

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The first round was playing behavioral games. You will have to play games and based n that company will get your behavioral traits report. The games were random and very easy.
    The second round was recorded video interview

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were challenged and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by supervisor and two co-workers. Asked questions to see how I would fit in to the company culture and my plans for the future. Explained what I would be doing in high detail. Asked about my experience and background.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boron, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Boron, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I passed the phone screening and then they invited me for an onsite interview at Boron plant. After one week they said they are interested to hire me for a different position (Electrical Engineer) and I will get an offer letter in one week. After that, I don't know what happened but they took like one and half month deciding the salary for my position and I never heard back from them after that. Overall It was a very awful experience working with the hiring team and managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The whole process took an hour and most of the time you are asked to tackle some situational events and they will observe how you structure your approach in solving them. Overall it's quite a pleasant experience.

But you have to know the chance for external candidate to be pick is rare as they usually consider internal ones first. Quite weird why they even waste external people time if in first place they still wind up picking existing staff to fill the opening.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most memorable achievement that best relate to this role you are applying for   1 Answer

Interview

Unfortunatly they already know who they want for the job, They usually just bring others in for the interviewing process to follow standard proceedure. If you do get a inerview externally make sure you bring your A game!

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in January 2019.

Interview

Applied back in September to the general graduate pool, and then did a cognitive/personality test a few days after I applied. I got an email stating that I should hear from them with a certain day period; however when I was notified to go on to the next step it was WAY over that time limit. Next was a prerecorded interview. I got asked 5 different questions regarding group work, safety, and a time where I lead a group of people. A few weeks later, I got another interview to do a behavioral test. It gave you three scenarios and you needed to put them in order, from highest priority to lowest priority. A few more weeks pass by (close to a month) and I schedule a live video interview with a recruiter. The interview itself was with 6 different people, but mainly one person did the talking. Everything takes awhile, but the recruiters are very kind. They will answer any questions you may have without hesitation.

Graduate Engineer-Chemical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Park City, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The hiring process consists of four steps. Online Games, Video Interview, Online Assessment and finally an in person interview. Rio Tinto is notorious for keeping applicants in the dark and stringing them along for months. I was in the interview process for 8 months and made it to the final round only to be rejected. I had been speaking to a recruiter on linked in the entire time who assured me consistently they were close to making a decision for months and months. Finally the recruiter told me to stop contacting them, and eventually I received a rejection email. The HR department's conduct was extremely unprofessional, and I regret wasting my time applying to this company.

Interview Questions

Interview

Took an extremely long time for them to call me after I applied (about 3 months). Then after the interview it took them about 2 weeks to get back to me.

Site Support Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (South Jordan, UT (US)).

Interview

The process consisted of a few phone calls and an in-person interview. The phone calls covered the basics, in varying detail, and the interview was conducted in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with good humor and a nice mix of getting to know each other and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a General Manager calling from overseas, off-the-clock because their device stopped working?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in March 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with basic behavioral questions about working with a team, and productivity vs taking time and doing things safely. They also asked about a times when safety was something that needed to be taken into account. Very safety orriented

Interview Questions

• What is the number one thing to think about on the job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.