Robert Bird Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Bird Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Bird Group

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and professional. Firstly, they asked me a lot of questions on the technical test of their assessment centre and then a lot of questions were based on my CV.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time that you argued with someone and how did you solve this issue?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Initially, there is a meeting with the rest of the candidates and a presentation. Then follows a personal and a team test. Finally, it is the interview stage, which refers to the previous tests and general questions on a variety of projects.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply in Robert Bird Group?   1 Answer

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Technical interview. Really good experience, very friendly staff and managers. Takes around 2 hours, technical interview with basic structures questions. Company in new zealand focus more on structures. Wellington office has more civil related projects.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group in December 2018.

Interview

Application online on Robert Bird website and then they email me after a couple of week for scheduling an interview at Robert Bird Office. They are very friendly and helpful.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview comprised of technical exercise and HR standard questions aimed to assess your motive and aspirations to work for RBG. It's really a brilliant company. The people are very smart, enthusiatic and driven. They work on quite range of complex and tall buildings. Truly enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

• Why RBG?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
      What types of projects you would like to get involved with?
      If you were involved in a conflict at work, how you came about that?
      What was your most challenging project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

A bizarre interview...

I had a bad feeling about this company from the get-go.

I actually received two voicemails inviting me to interview, the second came after an interview had already been set up. At this point I inquired about salary, so see if the range aligned to my expectations and to not waste anyone's time, but they refused to provide it.

When offered an interview I read the Glassdoor reviews, which were overwhelmingly negative, but I went anyway out of curiosity.

On arriving, it became apparent a meeting room hadn't been booked for the interview. I was led around the open plan office, back and forth whilst various groups were turfed out of meeting rooms, but ended up back in reception when the room close-by was found to be free.

The office seemed overly cramped, with around 100 people in a space that would comfortably fit 60-70. There was a meeting taking place in reception, behind a Christmas tree and a 'wall' build from cardboard boxes!

The interview started before I even had a chance to sit down, and I was answering questions even as I took my coat off, which was off-putting.

I was interviewed by the two members of HR, neither of which seemed to know how an interview should be conducted.

I made a point of asking about the HR strategy for the year ahead and what this incorporated, and the answer I received was that the firm had an HR budget they needed to align to (obviously) but couldn't answer the question, or many others I asked, such as what they would expect the candidate to achieve by 12 weeks into the job (they instead described qualities of the ideal candidate - 'ready to get stuck in' and 'flexible' - ?? )

From probing questions, I understood there is a 'lad' culture, many of the workforce are young, male engineers, and there is somewhat of a social drinking culture (there is a beer fridge in the middle of the office and apparently one of the employees brews beer. This was mentioned to me as a work perk)

Working hours are 'until the job gets done' - hint - no respect for work-life balance, long hours and overtime.

There were far too many red flags in this interview.

Over-all, very unprofessionally run company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2017.

Interview

I reached the office well ahead of time and was greeted well.And was then taken to room for interview with the Director-Head of buildings who asked me some questions related to BMD and University projects

Interview Questions

• Basic Bending moment and shear force questions.Questions related to my projects at University since I was a recent graduate   Answer Question
    • Multiple choice questions   Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Interview

Got called in for an interview from their head office and had the interview in their Melbourne office. Got in at 9am and had to wait for a while. There were two interviewers and both were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you do during your free time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment centre that turned out to be pretty relaxed related to others. There was only a group project that we had to tackle and later present. This was followed by a face to face interview by engineers of the company, that also included some basic engineering exercises.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 1 to 2 minutes.   2 Answers
    • Describe some projects you were involved in in the past.   2 Answers

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Bird Group (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I told my recruiter that the most important thing for me in my role was culture. I was apprehensive about going interviewing for a role in the engineering industry as I knew nothing about it, but the recruiter told me to trust him, I'd asked for a good culture and that's what he'd got for me. The interview was with the HR Coordinator and HR Manager. My interview was scheduled for 4pm on a friday and the interview started really well. At 4:30pm on the last friday of the month (unbeknown to me at the time) meant pens down for everyone for the end of month presentation, with pizza and beers provided. The interview was going really well and when it came to 4:30pm I was offered pizza and invited to watch part of the presentation. It gave me a great feel for the company projects and its culture. We went back to the interview after watching some of the presentation and I have to admit, it felt more like a good conversation than an interview because things flowed so well. I left the office at roughly 5:30pm and although the presentation had finished a lot of people were still there chatting and enjoying a drink. The interviews were continuing for a week but I was told by my agent it was initially positive. I waited a week and got the good news!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about myself   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.