Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

3.2

Wood Lacquering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England) in December 2019.

Interview

One group exercise in the morning with lunch and a brief tour of the building. A one to one interview after lunch. Just asking questions about your CV and why you want the job.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in November 2019.

Interview

Online Application Screening, online tests (numerical and verbal reasoning), video interview, assessment centre including technical interview, group work and personal interview. The video interview is under a time limit and there were 4 questions asked

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why work for BMW Group
      one moment that made you proud
      how would you describe yourself
      what qualities would you like in a team member   Answer Question

12 Month Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Leeds, England).

Interview

Over the phone interview. Process was typical of a phone interview. They got to know about your skills and scenarios of teamwork. They also gave about a week to prepare for the phone interview.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Face-to-Face interview with the hiring manager. Starts with a tour around the factory premises, showing what they do in the whole process line. The manager then held an informal interview. Questions are usually based around points mentioned in your CV and about your traits, with only one or two based on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you can handle a problem on your own and when to take the advice/help of your manager?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Whole process only took 2 weeks, phone and face to face interview were basic enough. Everyone was very nice. Know your CV well, they ask you to go through it. The headquarters in Goodwood are very glamourous and fun to be at.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write a biography on your life what would you call it   1 Answer

Assembly Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodwood (Trinidad and Tobago)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Goodwood (Trinidad and Tobago)) in November 2018.

Interview

Group activity followed by two interviews. First interview asked for a story of my life. Second interview had some basic manufacturing questions. There was free lunch and a tour of the factory.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Fast track interview through my University. After completed a number of test, was invited to Goodwood Plant for interviews. Very intense day were you complete some excersises and the have 2 hour interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations to work for RRMC, tell me about the brand, walk me through your CV, ... not very technical questions   Answer Question

Sales Operation Work Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England).

Interview

Applied online, took psychometric tests, then a phone interview with a manager. After a couple week, they informed be I had passed the phone interview stage and invited me to Goodwood for a face-to-face interview.
    The interview was very relaxed, talked with 2 managers who were both looking to fulfill a role. Had a bit of small talk before the interview started, very chilled, then normal competency based questions. They told me they were gonna let me know in about 2 weeks cause they were gonna interview other candidates in the days after, but instead they rang me about 24 hours later and offered me a post.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you think is not highlighted enough from your CV?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you improved a process in a creative way.   Answer Question

EngineeringRole Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and performed some online logicesque tests. Following this I had a phone interview with an HR person. This interview was fairly chill, and consisted largely of standard competency questions such as greatest success, describe yourself in one word and the like. Fairly standard interview questions.

Following this, about 3 weeks later I was invited to the manufacturing plant, where I was driven around in a Rolls-Royce, and interviewed. This interview however was much, much more challenging. It involved numerous complicated logic puzzles which I can't for the life of me figure out. This interview took just under 2 hours, and felt like a complete grilling.

The interview questions that I remember included the questions: Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north? And estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth. There were also a fairly good number of technical questions regarding automotives in general, which included things like walk me through how to change oil/brake calipers. I did not perform well at this interview, and was told I would not be hired a few weeks later.

Overall, the process took a very long time, the highlight I guess was seeing GoodWood, and being driven around which was pretty cool.

Honestly, I don't know what they were looking for in the second phase, but my advice would be to focus on technical stuff and logic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth.   Answer Question
    • Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north?   Answer Question
    • How do you change oil and what is the differences in types?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps to changing out brake calipers?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest skill   Answer Question
    • What is a failure you had at a prior job   Answer Question

Product Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through uni with cv and cover letter , they sent me a psychometric test(verbal,numerical) which I passed and then a telephone interview was arranged with one of the recruiting members.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.