SCS Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SCS Engineers Interview Questions

Interviews at SCS Engineers

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I met with multiple people on the team. There was no formal assessment, not that there won't be if you end up interviewing, however, there was a discussion on my previous analytical projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe an analytical project you were on at a previous employer and how you contributed to successfully completing this analysis.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

After applying online through a posting on Indeed.com, I received an email from the Hiring Director about setting up a preliminary phone interview. During this call, they informed me about what the company and the business unit that I was applying to work at does, and they asked a few basic questions about what my experience level and education background was (<15 minutes total). I was offered an interview, which I was able to do over Skype as I was not yet located in the state I was applying to work in, which was conducted about a week later with one of the Sr Project Professionals (who was to be my boss). They asked a bit more in depth about my education background and my familiarity with environmental regulations and compliance (which was very little at the time), and then we discussed a lot more about the position and what my role would be in the group. I asked a lot of questions at the end as I was genuinely interested in the position and how I would fit into the company (<30 minutes). I was set up for a 2nd interview with another Sr. Project Professional, which was also over Skype, about a week later. This interview was very similar and seemed to be more about gauging my current level of expertise in the area of work than about testing me with difficult questions or asking for situational/behavioral examples (<30 minutes). I received an email about a week later with the job offer, and began working two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Process Hazard Analysis reports?   1 Answer

Environmental Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening, after which I waited for a week to hear if I got an in person interview. The in person interview took place a few weeks later and I received an offer within days of that happening.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

Interview process was painless and straight forward. One round with upper management and one round with staff. Upfront and personable. They were more interested in getting to know who you are and if your personality would be a good fit with the office culture

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

About four weeks from application submittal through receipt of offer. The entire process moved quickly, efficiently and professionally. The process started with a phone screening with HR, then one-on-one interviews with office personnel, and finally a phone interview with upper management at the main regional office. The process moved quickly, with reasonable time between steps.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were largely focused on the specifics of the position, but each interview was fluid enough to allow for significant discussion of both my background as well as questions about SCS   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Long Beach, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

My first interview was a phone screening which went really well. I was then invited for a 2nd interview with a panel of 3 people. I had a positive experience with both interviews. I sent a writing sample after my 2nd interview. I was invited for a third interview where I was offered a job and accepted. The interview process was short, over the course of 2 weeks (which was only due to my personal schedule).

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Had interview with office manager in main conference room. It was an easy free back and forth question and answer session. The office manager was very nice and it seemed like a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new position? Do you have experience in the municipal and private sector?   Answer Question

Entry Level Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I got the in-person interview after applying online and a phone-screen interview with an HR representative. In person interview with project manager and team members lasted about 45 minutes. They asked pre-written questions at first and then ended the interview with more informal, off-the-cuff questions. Some of the team members were listening in on conference call.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were embarrassed and how did you respond to that situation?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (North Long Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview and than face to face after one week time. I was contacted another week later for a second interview. Within three days I was offered the position.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online, spoke to a recruiter at my university, and scheduled an interview on the spot for 2 weeks after.

The interview was conducted in person and was very informal. Two managers asked me about my personal skills, which aspects of engineering drew me into the field, and why I wanted to work for SCS.

If you are worried about needing a plethora of previous engineering experience to qualify, don't be. Because this was only an internship, they were more focused on whether I had experience working in a team environment and less about the technical aspects of engineering. They did a fantastic job making sure I was comfortable before and during the interview process. Great company to intern with.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to somebody in your team that doesn't perform well?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.