SCS Engineers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 27 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SCS Engineers

SCS Engineers

Application

I interviewed at SCS Engineers

Interview

It was fair, although the position has been put on hold due to unforeseen circumstances. The interview was about an hour long and I was given a good overview of the position.

Interview Questions
  • What is your background in GIS?
    Answer Question

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCS Engineers in Feb 2021

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, was done over video call. Asked about my relevant classes, what I was looking for in a job, and my long term goals. Also answered all my questions.

Interview Questions
  • What relevant course work did I have?

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCS Engineers in Feb 2021

Interview

Virtual interview with several employees. Some were more vested in the call than others but overall straightforward and honest interview. Lots of time spent describing work of company. Lasted about an hour in total.

Interview Questions
  • What did you learn from your experience at your previous employer?

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCS Engineers

Interview

Very straightforward. Make sure you ask the ratio of office and field work if you are applying for a environmental scientist position. Questions pertinent to your role as well as Behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite movie or movies?

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCS Engineers

Interview

Very standard interview process. After submitting the online application, was then contacted for phone screen. Talent Acquisition was very nice, helpful, and explained things well. I then moved forward with a video interview with the people I would be working with, all very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • What have you struggled with in a past project and how did you work to improve the situation?

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at SCS Engineers in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I had 3 rounds - 1 HR, 1 with some members of the team, and the 2nd with the rest of the team. I was asked typical behavioral questions like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you were in an embarrassing situation, tell me about a time you had a conflict with your teammate, etc. The people here are very warm and its unlikely that you'll feel intimidated/feel overwhelmed because they make sure you're comfortable. From an hour and 15 minutes of the 1st interview with the team, 35 minutes was small talk about general things and about the company/team.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions: - Tell me about yourself - Tell me about a time you were in an embarrassing situation - Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your teammate - Why SCS Engineers and why solid waste?

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Tampa, FL)

Interview

I met with multiple people on the team. There was no formal assessment, not that there won't be if you end up interviewing, however, there was a discussion on my previous analytical projects.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an analytical project you were on at a previous employer and how you contributed to successfully completing this analysis.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Carlsbad, CA) in Apr 2019

Interview

After applying online through a posting on Indeed.com, I received an email from the Hiring Director about setting up a preliminary phone interview. During this call, they informed me about what the company and the business unit that I was applying to work at does, and they asked a few basic questions about what my experience level and education background was (<15 minutes total). I was offered an interview, which I was able to do over Skype as I was not yet located in the state I was applying to work in, which was conducted about a week later with one of the Sr Project Professionals (who was to be my boss). They asked a bit more in depth about my education background and my familiarity with environmental regulations and compliance (which was very little at the time), and then we discussed a lot more about the position and what my role would be in the group. I asked a lot of questions at the end as I was genuinely interested in the position and how I would fit into the company (<30 minutes). I was set up for a 2nd interview with another Sr. Project Professional, which was also over Skype, about a week later. This interview was very similar and seemed to be more about gauging my current level of expertise in the area of work than about testing me with difficult questions or asking for situational/behavioral examples (<30 minutes). I received an email about a week later with the job offer, and began working two weeks after that.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with Process Hazard Analysis reports?
3 people found this interview helpful

SCS Engineers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening, after which I waited for a week to hear if I got an in person interview. The in person interview took place a few weeks later and I received an offer within days of that happening.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Interview process was painless and straight forward. One round with upper management and one round with staff. Upfront and personable. They were more interested in getting to know who you are and if your personality would be a good fit with the office culture

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews