SS&C Advent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SS&C Advent Interview Questions

Interviews at SS&C Advent

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Onsite, everyone was very nice. Went through interpersonal questions and then technical questions. Discussion was reasonable with people willing to discuss through difficulties. Interviewed with about seven people over three rounds.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Introduction Phone Call, followed by a two video interviews. It is based on what positions are available and what you are most interested in. You have to speak up and be honest about what you want.

Renewals Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

4 interviews from hiring manager, to other team members, to hiring managers' boss. After the interview process, I never received any feedback or definitive update on my candidacy. I clearly wasn't chosen for the job but I was also not given the customary rejection letter. When I emailed the recruiter 3 weeks later, he said 'everyone liked me' and told me to apply for another role.

Grimly, because there are so many women, I think that's a telltale sign that the company underpays and it's a great company only if you yourself are looking for a breezy work/life balance. I don't know, that left a sour taste in my mouth as it's pretty disrespectful so I can't recommend bothering with this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone screens and a chat with both the recruiter and technical product manager. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgable, and ended up working with them directly during the internship. Overall painless process, took the course of over 8 weeks during COVID19 pandemic.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SS&C Advent in March 2020.

Interview

It was very quick. I had a phone call with the recruiter on Monday. It was about a 10 minutes conversation about what the company was, what they did, and we set up a video interview for Friday. I was a little skeptical about this because when the hiring specialist called me it was from a restricted number.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Initial contact was with HR, scheduled very quickly to speak with Senior reporting manager in less than a week over the phone. Advised would follow up after holidays. Most of the interview was behavior and situational. Received communication an internal candidate was selected but wanted to know if I was interested in pursuing other roles as they were interested and great feedback was provided. I didn't experience the 'dark' period many previously expressed and was quickly handled, especially during the holidays. I was also impressed with the honesty and their willingness to share talent within the organization.

Interview Questions

• How willing are you when it comes to learning new things?   Answer Question

13 Jan 2020 – SS&C Advent

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out this review. Thank you, SS&C Advent

Client Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SS&C Advent in May 2019.

Interview

Absolutely horrific communication from Advent. Applied in March, wasn’t contacted for interview until May. Interview was on a Tuesday with two friendly team members. I followed up with hiring manager same day and she said to expect an update by the end of the week. The next Tuesday came and still no response. I sent a brief email inquiring about my status and she quickly responded - saying I’d be contacted with a decision by the end of that day. Two more days passed before I received notice that I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

SS&C Advent Response

12 Jun 2019 – SS&C Advent

Hello, thank you for your interest in SS&C Advent. We would like to apologize for your negative experience interviewing with SS&C Advent. Our review process is structured for a longer and in-depth timeline. We track all communication and updates through our Jobvite system. If you choose to apply for another position, we encourage you to use that system for updates. We wish you the best of luck.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

One initial phone screen, one call with the hiring manager, and a final round interview with three different members of the team. The hiring manager interview he really went through my resume and went into all of my experiences, whereas the final round was very quick and everyone was just friendly and tried to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      What's your favorite experience/class at school so far?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process took 1 week. First I had a recruiter phone call. He asked me about my previous experience. Then immediately set an on-site interview which 4 people interviewed me during 4 hours. Actually It went well, but they have never responded me.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a Linked List, Basic sum of array values to reach out target value, Java language questions such as threads, strings etc.   Answer Question

Technical Support and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone call process, reached out with a follow up email and provided study guide on various questions ranging from computer technical like VPN to finance questions involving stock, bonds etc.

Interview Questions

• Provided study guide was adequate in preparing for interview - results most likely will depend on depth of study etc   Answer Question

13 Jan 2020 – SS&C Advent

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.