Scottish Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Scottish Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Scottish Water

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water.

Interview

Online application which is very detailed. Interview took place in front of 2 middle managers. Pretty friendly and informal interview which focussed on skills and experience for the role. Job offered with days of interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a key achievement?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

There were 2 people asking a variety of prepared questions. Looking for examples of work and competencies so that they had evidence of skills. They put you at ease and made it clear they would have to write down what was written

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time when you made a difference to an issue?   Answer Question

Repair and Maintenance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2019.

Interview

Basic video interview for first step, then a full day assessment that included teamwork tasks followed by Psychometric test ( maths , physics etc ) .

Last phase was a face to face interview , lasted about 50 mins. Questions mainly on scenarios and the usual " give an example of " .

Interview Questions

• You arrive at the scene of a water mains burst, what do you first of all?   1 Answer

Hydraulic Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

Many questions.
    The interview lasted 2 hours approx.
    You must give a short presentation (around 15 minutes) about one topic related to the job position. The topic is provided in advance when the interview date is set.
    Interviewers were extremely friendly and professional.
    Feedback was provided 2 weeks later by phone call.

Interview Questions

• Very concrete questions aimed to determine whether you have the right mind-set and knowledge.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in December 2018.

Interview

Online application questions, followed by a video interview and an assessment centre in Edinburgh. Included a group task, an individual interview (with technical and competency based questions), a pre-prepared presentation and an analysis exercise.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions related to experiences with customers.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Interview day included a scenario situation, a case study review, a presentation, an interview and a reflection session. The scenario situation is a group task but the rest of the process was done individually.

Graduate Development Enablement Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2018.

Interview

Application was challenging, the role that I had initially went for (Graduate Engineer) had a change of requirements mid-application round, therefore I was placed onto the Grad Development Enablement Programme.
    Interview process was highly unexpected, no previous information given about how day would pan out with the exception of being asked to prepare a presentation with the topic 'How would you ensure you were successful on the Scottish Water Programme?'.
    Interview started with a group exercise along the lines of 'being stranded on a desert island, what are your priority items', then interview went onto a more competency based direct questioning and technical specific task, however, I felt this was unfair as some people had only 2 people interviewing whilst others (including myself) had 3. Technical task was difficult, particularly in the short timeframe that was given to look over the data provided. Competency based questions were standard 'tell me about a time where...' and 'give me an example of when...' questions.
    Next part of the interview was a role-play and analysis exercise where we were given examples of tendering companies for a new project, you then had to pitch forward to senior managers which one of the 4 companies you would choose and why.
    Final part of the interview was the pre-prepared presentation to 2 interviewers.

Overall, difficult interview and felt as if you knew right away whether you had done well or not. The overall assessment centre is long-winded and I felt, personally, if one area had gone badly then it put you off for the rest of the interview. Sometimes felt as if interviewers were purposely trying to trip you up on certain questions to test your knowledge which makes for an uncomfortable and awkward situation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the Scottish Water Graduate Development Enablement Programme?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have came up with a new idea that you have been proud of...   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit an online application, then invited to complete a skills test and a video interview. The final stage is a half day assessment centre. The assessment centre involves four tasks: individual data analysis role play exercise; individual presentation on your suitability for the role; individual interview; and finally, a group task.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a member of senior management that your solution to a particular problem is the most suitable?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2017.

Interview

An application then online test followed by video interview followed by assessment centre. The assessment centre began at 12 and finished at 5 pm. It consisted of A group exercise in this case what items to take if stranded at sea, a formal interview then a presentation followed by a case study where you had to justify your choice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to explain something technical to someone but lost them? How did you know you had lost them and how did you bring them back around?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stepps, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Stepps, Scotland) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very general as they were unsure where to place people, no specific department which made preparing for the interview difficult and gave the company the upper hand to accept you or not

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.