Scottish Water Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottish Water

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Interview

Was taken to the canteen so was quite informal. due to others around the interviewer had to keep his voice down, which meant i could barely hear a word that was said about the job

Interview Questions
  • how does that sound, when can you start?
    Answer Question

Scottish Water

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottish Water

Interview

I applied online and was then invited to an automated video interview which was successful. I then attended an in-person interview which was conducted by a senior employee and one of their team members. The interviewers were very accommodating, one interviewed while the other took notes and they switched turns throughout. The interview involved touching on past experiences as well as some more technical questions. The interview was quite intense but enjoyable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scottish Water

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water

Interview

Online application which is very detailed. Interview took place in front of 2 middle managers. Pretty friendly and informal interview which focussed on skills and experience for the role. Job offered with days of interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2019

Interview

There were 2 people asking a variety of prepared questions. Looking for examples of work and competencies so that they had evidence of skills. They put you at ease and made it clear they would have to write down what was written

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us a time when you made a difference to an issue?

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Glasgow, Scotland) in Apr 2019

Interview

Basic video interview for first step, then a full day assessment that included teamwork tasks followed by Psychometric test ( maths , physics etc ) . Last phase was a face to face interview , lasted about 50 mins. Questions mainly on scenarios and the usual " give an example of " .

Interview Questions
  • You arrive at the scene of a water mains burst, what do you first of all?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Jan 2019

Interview

Many questions. The interview lasted 2 hours approx. You must give a short presentation (around 15 minutes) about one topic related to the job position. The topic is provided in advance when the interview date is set. Interviewers were extremely friendly and professional. Feedback was provided 2 weeks later by phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Very concrete questions aimed to determine whether you have the right mind-set and knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Dec 2018

Interview

Interview day included a scenario situation, a case study review, a presentation, an interview and a reflection session. The scenario situation is a group task but the rest of the process was done individually.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Online application questions, followed by a video interview and an assessment centre in Edinburgh. Included a group task, an individual interview (with technical and competency based questions), a pre-prepared presentation and an analysis exercise.

Interview Questions
  • Majority of questions related to experiences with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Nov 2018

Interview

Application was challenging, the role that I had initially went for (Graduate Engineer) had a change of requirements mid-application round, therefore I was placed onto the Grad Development Enablement Programme. Interview process was highly unexpected, no previous information given about how day would pan out with the exception of being asked to prepare a presentation with the topic 'How would you ensure you were successful on the Scottish Water Programme?'. Interview started with a group exercise along the lines of 'being stranded on a desert island, what are your priority items', then interview went onto a more competency based direct questioning and technical specific task, however, I felt this was unfair as some people had only 2 people interviewing whilst others (including myself) had 3. Technical task was difficult, particularly in the short timeframe that was given to look over the data provided. Competency based questions were standard 'tell me about a time where...' and 'give me an example of when...' questions. Next part of the interview was a role-play and analysis exercise where we were given examples of tendering companies for a new project, you then had to pitch forward to senior managers which one of the 4 companies you would choose and why. Final part of the interview was the pre-prepared presentation to 2 interviewers. Overall, difficult interview and felt as if you knew right away whether you had done well or not. The overall assessment centre is long-winded and I felt, personally, if one area had gone badly then it put you off for the rest of the interview. Sometimes felt as if interviewers were purposely trying to trip you up on certain questions to test your knowledge which makes for an uncomfortable and awkward situation.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for the Scottish Water Graduate Development Enablement Programme?
  • Tell me about a time where you have came up with a new idea that you have been proud of...

Scottish Water

Application

I interviewed at Scottish Water

Interview

Submit an online application, then invited to complete a skills test and a video interview. The final stage is a half day assessment centre. The assessment centre involves four tasks: individual data analysis role play exercise; individual presentation on your suitability for the role; individual interview; and finally, a group task.

Interview Questions
  • How would you persuade a member of senior management that your solution to a particular problem is the most suitable?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews