Scottish Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Aug 2017

3.1

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2017.

Interview

An application then online test followed by video interview followed by assessment centre. The assessment centre began at 12 and finished at 5 pm. It consisted of A group exercise in this case what items to take if stranded at sea, a formal interview then a presentation followed by a case study where you had to justify your choice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to explain something technical to someone but lost them? How did you know you had lost them and how did you bring them back around?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

90 minute competency based interview. Too many questions and not all relevant to the job. Quite a few managing colleague conflict questions. Interviewers (2) seemed overwhelmed by the number of questions they had to ask. There was little interaction with me as they were too busy writing down my answers. After the interview I withdrew my application as the job hours and salary did not match my expectations/job advert.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you provided excellent customer service and what in particular did you do.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottish Water.

Interview

The whole process from application to interview took longer than I would normally expect, and involved an initial video interview followed by a face to face interview. The face to face interview was fairly relaxed with typical competency based questions, mainly about customer service experience. After the interview it took about 2 weeks before I received an update by email.

Assistant Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Glasgow, Scotland) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard interview, a role based test at the beginning, interviewers left the room while I completed the test and then the usual situational 'Describe a time when...' questions. At the end they asked why I was suitable for the role and what attracted me to it.

Interview Questions

• Can you give a brief summary of your background to date   Answer Question

Data Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Dunfermline, Scotland) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two men working in data analysis. They were quite friendly and relatively easy to speak to. The interview was conducted in a meeting room overlooking the office, which gave a good idea of what work would be like on a daily basis. They focused mainly on technical abilities.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with data analysis? What would you do differently if you you did it again today?   Answer Question

Assistant Asset Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2016.

Interview

Long online application with in depth questions which was a lot of effort but made it easier for the interview as they already hada lot of my background. Then there was an online aptitude test.

Interview was in 2 parts - firstly normal competency questions, nothing abstract. Then technical exercise which again was quite straight forward and they gave plenty of time for it.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "Think of a situation" questions   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scottish Water in January 2013.

Interview

To get to the interview, you needed to pass through psychometric tests such as verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning tests. If you've passed through this stage, then the HR will pass your CV to the technical directors for review. If they think you're capable then you will be asked to come in for an interview. The interview was 2 to 1, a senior engineer and a senior non-engineer manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to display leadership capabilities.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scottish Water (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied after coming to know of a part time role from my University careers service. There was an initial delay in sending out the application form but eventually it came through. This consisted of some descriptive questions relating to relevant work experience, career aspirations and why I have applied for this particular role. Also I had to specify all the technical knowledge I possess to carry out the job successfully.
    After this I got a call for the interview which was a panel interview with the manager and team leader, where they enquired regarding how I would deal with the various key responsibilities associated with the role with some technical questions. I got a call within a week to inform me that I have been successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a key achievement in your career.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to work in a group and how you overcame problems.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.