Softwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Softwire Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jul 2018

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softwire (London, KY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

the interview process was very smouth and quick, they respond to email within 48 hours max, they dont require any programming experience for graduate software developers positions, logical reasoning is necessary t o passe the interview

Interview Questions

• code a robot to get out of a maze   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softwire.

Interview

Initial application via a straightforward online application form. Initial brainteaser style phone interview as described by other reviewers. Softwire were very quick to respond at all stages of the application process (a maximum of two days delay probably). Onsite interview process was much longer than I was expecting and consisted of multiple pseudocode problem solving puzzles, an on computer test (reasoning puzzles and essays rather than coding) and an HR style interview.

Interview Questions

• "What are your three greatest weaknesses?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softwire (City of London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Very fast communication first round telephone interview consisting of case study and personality questions, organised within days of submitting my application. Final round interview organised within days of telephone interview, consisting of IQ/programming tests and several problem solving interviews. I thought I performed well, however they had a slightly higher standard in mind!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Softwire in May 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview last summer, asked complex algorithm questions and riddles. The interviewer seemed distracted and uninterested with anything I had to say.

Wouldn’t recommend asking algorithm interview over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softwire (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview: I was asked basic employment questions (why the role, why softwire, etc) on the first 10 minutes. Then, I was asked 2 puzzle / logic questions. The interviewer was chill, guided me along to get the right answer. Nonetheless I think I took way too long to answer and think spontaneously.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softwire in November 2011.

Interview

This is a telephone interview. At first , I applied online, several days later, I got the telephone interview. For this interview, he asked me if there is a complex equation with three brackets, but however, maybe there is something wrong with these brackets, he asked how can I check for these mistakes.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softwire.

Interview

You book a 30 Minute phone interview after passing an online test. If you're successful, they will invite you to the office you applied to for a face to face interview. They will also do some more competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the quickest way of finding the height at which an egg will break from a ladder using only 2 eggs.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Softwire (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview by telephone which involved briefly talking about my programming experience since I was coming from a non-computer science background. Followed by two technical questions based on search algorithms and syntactic validation.

Interview in person at Softwire offices in North London. This included a face to face interview lasting 20 minutes or so with a lady from recruitment. This was followed by three tests on computer. The tests were designed by Softwire and highly time pressured. After lunch I met one of Softwires Senior Developers who gave me two programming exercises using a made up programming language. Finally a debrief with the same lady from recruitment where I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked not to disclose further details about interview questions   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softwire (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen was about 30 ~ 40 mins, where they ask a little bit about your CV and motivations to work at Softwire. The bulk is in the technical questions. Onsite was ~3 hours. Again a quick chat about your CV, followed by some puzzles in a made-up language, and some problems about Ruby (no experience required)

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Egg drop, brackets. On-site: Maze problem, alarm clock, several smaller Ruby questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview, which if you are successful in, is followed by a 3-hour interview in their offices. Good quick response from Softwire. No prior coding knowledge needed - just tests your reasoning skills.

Interview Questions

• Some personal questions like why Softwire followed by technical questions - bulk of interview.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.