Sony Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sony Interview Questions

Interviews at Sony

2.8

Sound Editor Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty average. Not much else to say here. It was straightforward and the interviewer was very clear. Took a while for response via email but was otherwise standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience in the field with game design.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

This was with the Sony Interactive Entertainment division up in Aliso Viejo, CA.
    Multistage interview process following an internal referral. Phone screenings, code test, panel interviews and a design presentation. I never heard back following my presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about prior experience with Amazon Web Services, which I had.   Answer Question

Technical Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony in April 2020.

Interview

The interviewer described something about the company. Asked about salary expectations. The earliest available working hours. Help contact subsequent interviewers for technical interviews. About my acceptance of contact. There is no relocation support for contract jobs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary expectations.
      The earliest available working hours.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

they scheduled me by email on Jan. It's was phone interview. they just ask me about my experience on my resume, and asked me about what they do, and finally asked me do I have some questions to ask them?

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Multiple Customer Service Representatives in one room, In a group setting, without any previous knowledge of this format, it also ran 10 minutes later than scheduled. 26 27 28 29 30

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to "reach" a customer for their ability to obtain .....
       not sure what they wanted to hear me respond with   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, consisting of a phone and an in-person follow-up interview. In person interview consisted of multiple people, which was a bit more difficult, but overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to overcome a conflict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview, ending up being longer and because the interviewer was late. Recuiter told me it would be about resume and experience, but ended up being all technical questions.

Interview Questions

• key elements of OOP, questions about each of those, Javascript closures, React hooks   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. A head hunter contacted me about an open position and spoke with me. Apparently they thought I was worth talking to because a week later they contacted me for an initial phone interview. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the interviewer who was an internal recruiting manager and it seemed to go well. Was told I would hear back about next steps in about a week. Never heard another word.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you encountered a problem at work that you could not overcome   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The team give a brief introduction of the company then 2 HR rounds one at a time followed by the technical round . Then selected candidates were given the list of documents and were asked to join soon

Intern Interview

Interview

2 interviews. One with HR on the phone, then 2 hour in person interview with staff working in that department. They were nice but seems like they were looking for someone with more experience. Tried following up with them but they ignored me for two weeks and I got an HR automated rejection email instead.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.