Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Interviews at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

2.7

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to interview for the role she was leaving. I spoke directly with the hiring manager, who was friendly, direct, and honest. Out of the gate, he was clear that he did not think I was the best fit for the role, but he wanted to meet me because my friend had given such a positive referral. Because of that, he wanted to meet me to see if I could potentially fit into a different role. I appreciated his candor and willingness to consider a creative approach to bringing me onboard.

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Structured behavioral interview, there was a time to speak freely at the end but otherwise it was a bunch of “tell me about a time when”. Wish I had gone in with a list of stories to tell.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

Three rounds.
    Career fair.
    Little room for negotiation of salary.
    An annual salary increase is difficult to obtain.
    HR interview.
    Department interview.
    General manager interview.
    Educational background is not so important.
    The interview process takes up to three weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Recruited at school and had 2 interviews. One in person and one video interview. It was fun and easy. Video interview was a bit ackward but you have chance go redo it 3 times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to juggle more than one thing at once.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I went through multiple rounds of interviews. The first was a phone call with a recruiter. The second was a behavioral interview. The third was with the hiring manager. Then I had separate interviews with two other directors. They were counterparts to my hiring manager, and I would be working with them indirectly. The final interview was with the senior director that my hiring manager reported to.

Interview Questions

Interview

You go in for an interview, take an assessment, ua, and then you're hired on. They will literally hire pretty much anyone. The place is filled with people who are completely unprofessional.

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

The first interview was with the manager and the second interview was with another manager of the hotel. Asked very easy questions. The company uses the STAR method and you must wear a suit.

Interview Questions

Interview

Face to face interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Spoke to HR first, then Management team. Easy going. Another interview followed with the Director of Operations days later. Then the offer was sent out next day. Asked me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself growing with this company?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Corporate-mandated questions. Very easy. Tour of property/work area. Offered job at interview. Manager was very straightforward regarding business levels, duties, and what to expect. A little homework regarding the property is probably a good idea to prepare.

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy honestly, this place seems like its ALWAYS hiring. Like any other place, you'll dress nice speak with a few people who explain the job to you, then I got to sit with someone to get a feel of the job for about 15min. after that spoke to the interviewer again and she asked me some questions about what I thought and after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Out of a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your customer service experience?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.