Steelcase Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Steelcase Interview Questions

Interviews at Steelcase

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Got contacted after submitting my resume. There is two rounds of interviews but they don’t ask technical questions. Entirely behavioral based. Average interview.. The recruiter seems a little aloof and I didn’t really click with him so the result is kind of expected.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase in February 2020.

Interview

It was very thoughtful, pointed and professional. The first round was mainly behavioral questions and was followed up by a second interview before an offer was made. The whole process moved along rather quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your team or company was undergoing some change. How did that impact you, and how did you adapt?   Answer Question

Second Shift Zone Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

began ok, then went horribly; HR canceled first interview evening before it was scheduled by sending email after hours (no phone call). Then rescheduled, but hiring manager had wrong time for the interview and declined to interview as he had wrong time and I was early. He never came to door and opened it. As you stand outside a locked door in the wind, you are to call a hiring manager on your cell who tells you you're late and there wont be an interview but in fact you are early. Even though you drove 2 hours for the interview the week of Christmas, it matters not. His erroneous calendar trumps your organizational skills and punctuality. Interview declined. All this after a personality assessment and a phone screen. Stay clear of this if your time means something to you.

Interview Questions

Steelcase Response

6 Jan 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

First of all, thank you for the feedback. I am very disappointed to learn that you had such a negative experience. Our goal is to make these processes as smooth and as candidate friendly as possible. In this case, it appears that we fell short of that goal. Learning from feedback like this is one of the best ways for us to improve so we really appreciate you taking the time.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steelcase in November 2019.

Interview

First round was a non-technical pre-screen phone call with simple behavioral questions.
    Second round was a technical interview via Microsoft Teams for 1 hour.
    I was asked in detail about the projects and internships on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: What did you learn from your internship experience?
      Q: What was your role in a particular project?
      Q: Do you think working in a team is better or individually?
      Q: Tell us about how you overcame a problem faced during implementation of a project?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Initial testing was a Microsoft Excel competency exercise which was followed by an in-person interview. The interview went smoothly, there were very few pauses in questions. It was friendly, professional, and not an intimidating experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a stressful situation you were put in and how did you react and complete the task?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

A 30 min Microsoft Teams call, that was extremely easy going and low stress. Almost forgot I was doing an interview. Most questions were behavioral based and I heard back from the company a week later

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a lot of stress?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I was emailed to apply so I did. I was emailed the next day to schedule a first round interview, which was over the phone. Once the phone interview occurred, I did not get the rejection letter until about two and a half months later.

Interview Questions

• How I have dealt with a difficult teammate   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. There were three people, and they all introduced themselves. Since the company is small, they emphasized the fact that they all wear many hats.

Interview Questions

• How did I respond to a situation in which I encountered a conflict? How did I solve it?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks to interview, interviewed with 13 different people, 2 phone interviews and then a couple of group panel interviews. In person interview took 4 hours discussing skills and answering various questions on how I would approach situations. Felt I had a good shot with my degree and experience but got rejected for a internal candidate, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with being interrupted on the job consistently by a coworker with questions?   Answer Question

Zone Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

It began with a phone interview immediately after applying. This was followed a week or two later by an online assessment. After another week I was scheduled for an onsite interview with multiple managers

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me an example of a time you've dealt with conflict.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.