Studio Gobo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Studio Gobo

Studio Gobo

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Studio Gobo

Interview

After a total of 7 hours of positive interviews in their hiring process and being told by the supervisor and head of HR that "it's just a matter of getting the offer together now," the day they were meant to give the offer, they chose to relay to the third-party recruiter they've changed their mind with no explanation. After direct emails and phone calls with me, they never had the courtesy to directly email or call me, or give any explanation of this change of heart/decision. This lack of common courtesy to contact me is a huge red flag if this is how they communicate, operate, and display a lack of respect for prospective employees, their time and do not stick to honor their word. For other prospective candidates, beware false promises from them during the interview process, don't stop taking other interviews or reject other offers no matter what Gobo promises until you have a paper offer, and understand the risks associated with engaging with them about a possible position in lost time and effort to visit etc. no matter how positive an indication they give even if its at the first and last interview. This may indicate micromanaging of upper management in a team's hiring process, or something else, which I will never know because they offered no explanation for their sudden change at the end of the process. This process has been off putting enough that I would never work for them in the future. It was the longest interview process in my over 10-year career and most inconsiderate communication I've encountered in being hired for 11 studios. Take my experience with a grain of salt, I'd hope this was an outlier, but was a unique enough experience I've never encountered in any hiring process so wanted to make other's aware.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions (required for this form)
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Studio Gobo (Hove, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

They were very friendly and made it easy to attend an interview out of my previous working hours. I met with the team who were very accommodating and this took place in a relaxed environment which helped a lot.

Interview Questions
  • How I find people who are the right fit for the job roles

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Studio Gobo (Hove, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

When applying for this role I submitted a cover letter and standard CV. I was contacted by Guy (Head of Talent) for an informal chat about the company, a little bit about myself and was then invited to an interview. Interview process was great - really clear information on where the office was and how to get there. On arriving I signed a non-disclosure (just to make sure anything you see or hear is confidential) before I met with Guy again and Nina from HR. This was a very informal interview which was a relief, they asked me what I knew about the company, to introduce myself and a few questions about how I felt about the role and what I'd be doing. Then I met Tony, the CEO who was very friendly and spoke to me about my CV and why I'd decided to join the games industry. I was contacted later that day by Guy who offered me the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed