Subsea 7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Subsea 7 Interview Questions

Interviews at Subsea 7

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had interview with one of the technical managers of the company. Asked some basic questions on Pipes, NDT and Materials for subsea application. Asked about various materials to be used for subsea applications.
    Asked about salary requirements, current salary etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Where do you see yourself five years from now?
      Where do you see yourself ten years from now and why?
      If your current company counters our offer by offering you better, will you still join us?   1 Answer

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in Houston. The H.R. personnel were very accommodating, however, the management personnel who interviewed me were extremely lacking in their command of the English language. One was very arrogant, and used "in-house" anachronyms and formula nicknames which were very esoteric to Subsea7, and not well known in the industry.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember, but it related to the Subsea7 definition of Earned Value - because Subsea&'s cost are mostly from in-house equipment and vessel rentals. They even charge customers for their own demurrage.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

As an engineering student I was interested in the oil and gas industry, but getting through to the big companies always poses a big challenge. So the initial contact was made through somebody I knew in the company, who then asked me for my CV and cover letter. After sending them my information I received an email from an engineering manager that asked me to come to the office for a series of interviews.

I had a series of 3 interviews, all of which weren't very difficult, just getting to know more about me and what was on my CV. They asked about previous work experience and where I saw myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated when I would start and finish. Flexible scheduling.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7.

Interview

It took two months covering to rounds of interviews and an preliminary evaluation with an third-party HR company. It was clear and up to the current job description up to the end.

Interview Questions

• (1) Which are your expectations for the role?   Answer Question
    • 2) What did I know about the company?   1 Answer
    • (3) Describe myself as professional?   1 Answer
    • (4) Which are my weakness? and my strongest points?   1 Answer
    • 5) Why should they hire me?   1 Answer

Vessel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Casual sit down between stake holders in department. Project Manager and BUL were the interviewers. Interview was in the PM's office. Most of the interview was an explanation of what the company needed and my experience in accomplishing it.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with minimizing costs and how did it affect quality of service.   1 Answer

Senior Logistic Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

It was not an interview process, they hired me on the spot

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward with the Cost Control manager - understood all processes and monthly report out process. Upper Management was very keen on Monthly report outs for projects.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand accruals and to perform variance analysis on monthly reconcilations   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland) in May 2016.

Interview

Once I completed the online application process, I was invited to a telephone interview which primarily consisted of competency based questions and lasted around 30-35 minutes. Around a month later I received a phone call from a member of the HR team and I was offered a summer placement with the company.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then face to face interview at their campus. Never heard anything from them after the interview. I have also emailed them but still no response. waste of time & money.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the GEDS with a start date of September/October 2017, which includes 2 years of training in Stavanger and/or Aberdeen. The position was advertised on a flyer circulating in social media. I applied via email to the HR manager. I was interviewed by a technical director via Skype. The interview lasted around 40 minutes. I was asked typical behavioural questions, which I answered to the best of my ability. I was told that I did well at the end of the interview and that I will hear back from them within two weeks. Unfortunately, I never heard back from them regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.