The British Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The British Army Interview Questions

Interviews at The British Army

2.9

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Army Officer Selection Board is run in Westbury, Wiltshire and involves a series of assessments, including mental agility, leadership potential, team work and physical ability. There is academic work, knowledge tests, syndicate and individual work and assessment.

Interview Questions

• Main board is a three day process, there is also a pre-board of a day and a half.   Answer Question

Soldier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Interview/Selection process is pretty straight forward and easy if you are a fit and confident person. You will be required to pass very basic physical tests, do some group problem solving tasks and stand up to introduce yourself to a small group of people for 3 - 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Army? Are you the type to get homesick? What is your physical fitness like? How fast can you run 2km? How much can you deadlift? How many pull ups can you do? How many press ups can you do? How many sit ups can you do?   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at The British Army (Westbury, South West England, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Very thorough selection process consisting of medical, initial interview, briefing and main board. The whole process took over a year, but was very rewarding and totally worth it. It gives a good insight into the job.

Interview Questions

• How many miles per hour are you travelling if you travel 15 miles in 60 minutes?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Multiple stage based interviews you will also complete a compulsery test known as a BARB test to determine if you have a high enough IQ to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Fitness, Technical ability , Mental ability, how much I knew about current affairs.   1 Answer

Army Officer Cadet Interview

Interview

Assessment was over a few days. Both challenging and rewarding. Mental maths is very important for standard entry/IQ test and they base a lot of their recruitment on this and the planning exercise.

Communication Systems Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The British Army (Leicester, England).

Interview

Careers adviser interview,. Few questions about life and why you want to join the army, and why you want to go into the job role you want to go into. You go to selection where you have a medical and you have team building tasks and fitness tests. You also have to give a presentation to a board and an interview at the end.

Communication Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The British Army (Stoke-on-Trent, England).

Interview

Basic Aptitude test, 2 day selection intro, onto basic training, then onto trade training to specialise. Basic training ran for 14 weeks, field craft and lessons etc. There are several training establishments in the UK, be prepared to be away for a bit.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, knowledge of the military in general.   Answer Question

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The British Army (Portsmouth, South East England, England).

Interview

Easy, then take anyone who isn't on drugs.

They do also employ a lot of the snowflake generation now too, as they are trying to be all inclusive.

The interview was in the form of a weekend away, running around and being shouted at. You have to pass the fitness test, a medical, a short interview and some little command tasks. Oh and there's an online aptitude test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Apply to become a commissioned officer. Go to your local Army Careers establishment and request an interview and more informartion.. If successful on 1 on 1 interview then you will be put forward to attend a 3 day residential pre selection board. If you are successful you will be either invited back to immediately attend a x 5 day selection board or in a set period of time (eg. in 6 months, 2yrs).

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to become and officer in the British Army?   Answer Question

Rifleman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The British Army.

Interview

Brief discussion of career prospects
    Discussion of international affairs and politics
    Discussion of moral standards, personality, outlook etc...
    Brief discussion of career prospects
    Discussion of international affairs and politics
    Discussion of moral standards, personality, outlook etc...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.