The Chemistry Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Chemistry Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Sep 2017

3.2

Delivery Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group.

Interview

Chemistry's interview process was a refreshing change of pace from the typical interview process. They engage you with employees of the company, other prospective hopefuls, and tasks which mimic the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. I highly encourage anyone to apply to Chemistry to experience their assessment center. It truly is one of a kind.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you were involved with in detail from the past 6-12 months.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process began with writing a paragraph about why I chose to apply for a position at Chemistry. Over the next week or two, I took a quiz to determine my fit with the Chemistry culture, followed by a phone interview and 3 more assessments - values, motives, and intellectual. I was then invited to an in person interview. The interview was vastly different than anything I had experienced prior. Everything was very friendly and relaxed, but it composed of two "on the job" situations and a behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a project you've worked on in the past 6-12 months.   Answer Question

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. I was contacted back within a few days and Invited to take series of assessments in no specific order.
    The first consisted of 3 short tests or 3 or 4 questions each. One numerical, verbal, diagrammatic. They weren't terribly tricky expect for the fact that you have about 30-40 seconds to respond.
    The next 2 were psychometric exams on Values and Motivations.
    I was then contacted for 2 phone screens. After that I was invited to come to an assessment center interview for which I was asked to prepare a short business case presentation.

Interview Questions

• The business case presentation was based on the question "why would the CEO of Pizza Hut buy from Chemistry?"   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite not being offered the position, this was by far one of the best candidate experiences I've ever had. The process included a number of values and motivations assessments which really provided insight into your workplace style preferences. In the end, it was deemed that I would not be a best fit for the company at the moment. The consultant who interviewed me on the phone was very pleasant, and great at providing in-depth feedback. I would certainly apply again just based off this experience.

Office Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group.

Interview

I applied through Workable via their website after doing some research about what the company does. I was really enthusiastic about their product and their company ethos so spent quite a long time writing a cover letter as well as providing an extensive and thoughtful answer to the question 'Why do you want to work for Chemistry?'

I sent all this through at midnight on a Saturday and by Sunday afternoon, had an email thanking me for my application and sending through an online Culture Fit assessment link. I was of two minds about this - was it a bad sign that someone in HR was working on a Sunday afternoon? But as I was keen, I looked at it as 'at least I don't have to wait until Monday to hear'. I completed the online assessment which didn't take too long and it posed some interesting work/colleague scenarios. You receive a report immediately giving you the results which I enjoyed reading and found interesting. I also felt that the report results did accurately reflect my personality (I came out very high on flexibility, transparency and curiosity).

I received a generic email Monday morning saying: "After reviewing your application, we don’t feel we have the right opportunity for you in the business at the moment." While grateful that the process only took a few days, it struck me that the response wasn't reflective of the role that I had applied for (I had applied for a specific job they posted and the reply didn't fit). I came away thinking that they are taking a sort of 'fast food' approach to hiring and in hindsight, I can see that it is not the company for me.

Business Psychologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group.

Interview

Apply online, series of online assessments, values/motivations, then if these match with what the company are looking for you are invited for a telephone interview. Friendly, nice interviewer, good discussion, not particularly structured. Able to ask questions and find out a bit more about whether the company would actually suit you. They are very strong on person-culture fit. Following success in the telephone interview, invited to complete further online psychometrics. Then the final stage is going into the offices to give a half an hour presentation on a topic they will send to you a few days before. You will then be asked questions by the group who observed your presentation. These are all purely based on your presentation, no other interview questions are asked about you or your motivations for the company. Heard back around ten days later, in a rather generic email, that I did not get past this final stage.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview: Motivations for the company/role, what kind of culture you would like to work in..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straightford process. Email contact with the head of delievery before a phone interview that asked questions specific to the role and available dates. I then got a confirmation email that they would like me to intern and gave me the dates for which I could begin my internship.

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group.

Interview

Upon applying I was first asked to complete a series of personality questionnaires in order to ascertain whether I would be the right kind of 'fit' for the people at the Chemistry Group. After passing these I was invited to a telephone interview which was really friendly and informal and asked questions about my past experiences as well as factors that motivate me and what I am looking for in a working environment. Following the telephone interview I was asked to complete some more questionnaires which were intelligence based.
    After completing these questionnaires I had to wait around 5 weeks before I was contacted again at which point I had completely given up on getting any response to my numerous emails and phone calls asking what was going on with my application.
    I was finally invited to an assessment day which was fantastic, really relaxed and a great day overall where we had to complete 3 different exercises; an activity in which we individually had to plan out and organise a schedule which included a variety of events, a series of 6 4 minute interviews with 'employees' from a customer company, and finally a group presentation in which we had to present back the information we had gathered during the interviews and present it back to the 'CEO' of the customer company. The assessment day gives a really good insight into what working at the chemistry group would be like and a chance to talk to the people who work there to see what they like about it.
    Tip: make sure you really think about the interview task as this seems to be what they base their opinions on.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, a few days after I got situational judgment test. Few days after I got my phone interview arranged. Very nice interviewer, the questions were competency based.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Achievement you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Business Psychologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Chemistry Group.

Interview

The process was well explained on their website prior to applying. I just passed their values questionnaire but did not make it past the phone interview. I felt their decision could have included more information than just the standardised email, other than that it was great.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.