The Entertainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Entertainer

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Manchester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

This is an edited version of my original review, as once my first was published/about to be published, I received a call with "feedback" on my assessment.

What can I say? 3 hours of feeling really uncomfortable, telling 7 complete strangers (5 candidates and two assessors) about myself and listening to a lot of the same replies to the question "why do you want to work for us?".

There was a presentation of 3 answers to questions you are asked, and about an item you are requested to take along to represent who you are.

The assesment also features a personality test, KPI test (I guessed most answers the best I could, as I could not read the photo copied or original sheet, and felt like an inconvenience when I pointed this out), a team task (see interview question example) and a few other things (I had already tuned out at that point, so cannot remember).

You are also asked to bring your RTW documentation, photo copies and a passport sized photograph, I'm not sure about anybody else, but I don't have photos hanging about and my scanner was down, so extra out of pocket
    expenses on items that aren't lawfully needed seems unfair to expect candidates to bring.

When I eventually received feedback (the last working day before the next stage interview) I fed all of this back, and declined any further updates for future roles within the entertainer as we are clearly not a good fit if they feel this sort of assesment is the way forwards.

All in all it was the most painful and toe curling assesment I have ever attended, and the whole thing put me on edge, I regret that I didn't act on my first instinct and leave.

Oh, and to top it all, my feedback was I hadn't been carried forwards as my KPI answers were not sufficient!.

Interview Questions

• There is a nuclear war coming and you have a shelter that holds 6.
      Choose which people you would save from the 12 given.   Answer Question

5 Feb 2020 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are passionate about delivering the best interview experience to all candidates we see and we are sad to hear you did not have this experience with us. Our Manager Assessment Days are made up of fun, interactive and tailored tasks to help us get to know candidates more. All tasks are representative of real life challenges candidates would face in a management position in any of our stores such as being able to adapt quickly and analyse reports to interpret into sales opportunities. These are key commercial decisions made by our management daily. If you would like to discuss this further with us please contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Entertainer.

Interview

Role play of Tom and Jerry apparently lets them know who is ideal for the job. Girl who swore the whole time and inept 16 year olds got the job over More professional people. You have to be an actual clown to work here.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

9 Jan 2020 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We pride ourselves on delivering the best interview process to all our candidates. We are sorry to hear this wasn’t the case for you. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to discuss the points you have raised to investigate further. Please can you email us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com. Thank you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Entertainer.

Interview

Short phone interview of about 30 minutes then an interview in person, some basic maths questions and scenario based questions. Asked to sell something to the manager that was a toy.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

1 Oct 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review.
    We are happy to see you had a positive experience during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Woking, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job online. The same day I got multiple emails from them all at the same time: the first just confirming my application, the second asking to arrange for a telephone interview, and then the third saying I passed the telephone interview (which I didn’t even do???) and inviting me to a group interview. The email told me what time and date I would have to be there (“following our recent converation” which never happened). The group interview was scheduled for 6-8pm one evening but I was busy that evening and as the whole application process so far seemed so rushed, and it was only for a 10 hour contract, I didn’t go to the interview. I just found the whole experience so strange.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

23 Sep 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for sending us your review.
    We would like to know more about the points you have raised.
    Please can you contact us via Recruitment@TheEntertainer.com

Saturday Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Entertainer in July 2019.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they asked me about my times and what days I was able to work, what do I know about the entertainer (do your homework - a lot of info on their company site), asked about previous work experience. Received an email 1 hour after saying I was invited to in store interview. I was actually expecting a group interview, but because I live in a town, they held one to one interviews. I walked in 15 mins early to my interview, as they said to come early. I was greeted by one of the assistant managers who noted my name down and asked me to have a look around the store as there was another person being interviewed at that time. After 5 mins, the manager came and took me to his office and asked for my passport, and told me to complete a basic maths test - I was quite worried about this, as my MATHS IS ATROCIOUS. it was literally only percentage questions. The second sheet were multiple choice questions about what you would do in that certain situation - also very easy. Then started the questions. Manager was lovely and comfortable to talk to :)

Interview Questions

• what was your favourite childhood toy?   1 Answer
    • what was the last item you purchased from us?   1 Answer
    • what skills can you bring to this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous work experience   Answer Question
    • I had to explain the product I had brought in and how it reflected my personality and the skills I could bring to this role.   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

20 Aug 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read you had a positive interview experience with us.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Group interview, followed by tasks in groups of 2 or more. A “sales” presentation to be completed by your team with a random item brought by the interviewers. Also had to bring an item that describes me and explain why.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

13 Jun 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for sending us your review. We are happy to see you had a positive experience with us.

All the best in your new job role!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ilford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Ilford, England) in April 2019.

Interview

It wasn't what I expected. However, I did enjoy it because we did various activities and it was interesting to meet new, unique people. These activities tested our skills and knowledge on the company.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

3 Jun 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your interview with us.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Liverpool, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Very good and relaxed. Felt at ease with the interviewer. Described well the organisation and its ethics. I actually enjoyed the interview throughout the process

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company   1 Answer

13 Jun 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see you have had a positive experience with us. All the best in your new job role : )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East Midlands, England

Interview

The process was similar to what I already read online. The single tasks we're bring an item in to describe yourself ,Pick a letter out of the hat and you had to come up with a toy for that letter also you we're given a number and you had answer random questions the panel would give you. You also have to fill in a math's test which I was told online it was easy but without a calculator I struggled as well as being dyslexic and then fill in customer situation questions (the time to fill these in is not enough)

The team working stuff we're Build a tower and advertise a toy that was given to you in a small group.

I found this stupid for the position, I understand that It was to see how you are in a group but depending on who you are put with it a disadvantage and there are other ways of evaluating peoples skills.

This would only work for you If you can stand out or want to go for the group interview experience.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

19 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken to send us your feedback and we are sorry to hear you feel this way about your recent interview with us in Watford.
    We pride ourselves on delivering the best interview experience for all our candidates who apply with us. The sessions we deliver are built up of fun and interactive challenges that enable us to learn more about the candidates we see and how they will work as part of a team here at The Entertainer. During the application process, we recognise that some people may need additional support to remove any unnecessary barriers to the employment of the individual. We ask in the application form if any additional requirements need to be made to help you.
    If you would like to discuss your interview with us or request any feedback please don’t hesitate to send us an email to recruitment@theentertainer.com

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Entertainer (Welwyn Garden City, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by 360 resourcing after they saw my cv. Had a lot of contact with the agent before the interview with the area manager. Interview was 1-1 and I felt this went well. Was told I would hear by the end of the day if successful or not. Phoned the agent at 360 as was requested to do so after the interview. No answer so left message. No call back from them so rang again a while later, went straight through to voicemail. Emailed the agent to say I had tried to make contact. Waited until lunchtime next day, not heard anything so tried calling again, spoke to another agent who said he would get the original agent to phone me straight back as he was currently on another call. Again nothing! Highly unprofessional. Job is still being advertised, and a previous colleague was also contacted for the same job and was told a completely different reason why the position was available. I can appreciate that maybe I wasn’t successful but having heard nothing or have any feedback when there was so much communication beforehand is very unprofessional. Does this position really exist? Keeps being reposted as a brand new position countless times on their site and recruitment sites.

Interview Questions

The Entertainer Response

26 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to get back to us about your interview. We pride ourselves on delivering the best interview process to all our candidates. We are sorry to hear this wasn’t the case for you. Your feedback is important to us and we have already shared this with the agency involved.
    When recruiting for any Management positions, our external agencies and the Recruiting Manager are briefed to advise candidates that they will hear back from us via the agency within 48 hours. On this occasion, it sounds like there has been some miscommunication between both parties.
    We apologise for this and if you require any further information or would like to discuss this further, please contact Recruitment@theentertaier.com

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.