The Midcounties Co-operative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Midcounties Co-operative

The Midcounties Co-operative

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative

Interview

Quite easy interview, covering basic questions and how you would react in certain situations. Such as what would you prioritie, customer question, delivery, till queue or a mess to clean

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this job
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Warwick, West Midlands, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Absolutely silly interview, questions were awful, only really wanted to talk about them selves and how they value the coop. Management were 30 minutes late to collecting me, so waited in the vile reception area with an awful coffee machine and "colleagues" swearing at the top of their voices passing by.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Bedford, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Phone interview followed by 1 on 1 interview in person. Quick easy, very friendly interviewer, relaxed and informal. Once offered job you must attend an induction before being able to start. Overall very easy process and generally all staff are very friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Midcounties Co-operative

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative

Interview

I applied for the vacancy through the company website. The manager of the store emailed three days after the vacancy has closed and asked what day and time I was available for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Warwick, West Midlands, England, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Competency based interview and Presentation. I applied as an internal as i was working in the team before. Applied online, but also through my manager, and was called for interview 2 weeks later having been provided with the title of the presentation to prepare. The interview itself asked me to give my presentation first, then, based on the requirements for the position, it was competency based so they asked me how i would/how i had managed various things.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you have managed a difficult situation with colleagues you have managed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Royal Leamington Spa, England, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

Head hunted by Emma Sherry from Lord Accounting & Finance for a Chief Marketing Officer role at Coop Energy. I was informed it was a casual chat and no need to prepare. Upon arrival I was informed it was a formal competency based interview and a senior member of HR was present along with the person leaving the existing position. After feeding this back to Emma she apologised and acted surprised, however several months later I have discovered this is a standard tactic used between Lord Accounting & Finance and Coop Energy. A trusted friend of 20 years and senior peer within the energy industry informed me he had exactly the same experience having been head hunted by Emma for a senior regulatory role at Coop Energy a few years prior and was invited for an informal chat at the company only for it to be a formal competency based interview. This is underhand behaviour and unfair tactics. Had I known this I wouldn't have agreed to an 'informal chat' at short notice and would have allowed myself time to prepare properly. I no longer trust either organisation.

Interview Questions
  • What was the best innovation you were personally responsible for? How do you inspire someone?

The Midcounties Co-operative

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative in Mar 2018

Interview

Spoke to the central recruitment team they booked me in for the interview. Meet the manager at the nursery, did a formal interview then spent some time in the room

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Gloucester, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

I Applied online. I was asked for interview about a week later. however didn't get job. started by a quick maths and English assessment. followed by a face to face interview with the manager and assistant manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Carterton, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Carterton, England, England) in Apr 2016

Interview

Quick chat over the phone, invited down to the store, quick brief chat then got told I had the job there and then. Did induction on the weekend and worked that afternoon

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Midcounties Co-operative (Birmingham, England, England) in Feb 2016

Interview

Firstly I had an informal chat with an area manager and then a more formal process. There was an hour long interview with competency based questions and then a 30 minute interview with more technical and operational questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you have had to overcome staff conflict and how did you overcome it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews