The Plum Guide Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Plum Guide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Plum Guide (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

No phone or face to face interview, just a writing test of a few hours. Had to chase after 2 or 3 weeks to check my submission had been received, and then waited a further month before notification I hadn't been successful, no feedback was given.

Interview Questions
  • To write example copy for three of their listings, and watch their company brand intro
    Answer Question

The Plum Guide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Plum Guide

Interview

The interview process consisted in a call with a data scientist and the founder. Nothing crazy about what they asked, it was just a regular job interview, asking about interest in the company and experience.

Interview Questions
  • Have you done any machine learning project outside your job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Plum Guide (Sheffield, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied online via a link from Linkedin for the position of Photographer for Derbyshire and Yorkshire. I received an automated email explaining the interview process with a link to a informative video. However, I received no further communication. The application form was straight forward and I found it easy to complete.

Interview Questions
  • There was no further questions as I received no further communication. I find it doubtful my application even landed on anyone's desk.

The Plum Guide

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Plum Guide in Jun 2020

Interview

They are really quick to acknowledge your application. I love how positive the company is and what they are doing in this market. They are different and exciting. After attaching CV and writing summary why my background would fit the role it was followed up with phone call from HR to discuss area (you will only visit properties up to an hour away from home) and rates card for pay (freelance position). You get paid per property and that will depend on this size of small, average or large. No travel allowance. First email Thanks for your interest in the Home Critic. We're excited to move forward with the interview process. To help us schedule your next interview(s), please let us know when you're available by selecting the online calendar link below. We'll coordinate with our team and confirm a time with you. Second Email Thank you again for submitting an application for the Home Critic position! After reviewing your background and hearing more about your interest in the role, we’d like to progress your application to the next stage. The next step will be a short assessment to give you a better idea of what a “day in the life” of a Home Critic is like, and to show us that you have the skills and knowledge needed for success in this position. The instructions are attached below. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! As a kind reminder, please submit your completed assessment within 48 hours of receipt. Thank you again for your time and effort in this process, and we look forward to reviewing your thoughts and ideas! Final email I did not hear anything for two weeks once I completed the assessment (I loved doing this!) The final email was to let me know they did not feel that my background fitted the role at this time. I find this very contradictory as I had originally passed the background checks to go forward and then this was reversed. I wish Plum Guide all the best, and can only assume my assessment did not pass and not the background otherwise I would have been given it to do in the first instance.

Interview Questions
  • Discussed rate card and area to cover

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Plum Guide (London, England, England)

Interview

Initial screener call with internal recruiter, followed by in person 1:1 with a senior product team member, and finally a presentation. First 2 stages went well and were relatively smooth. Nothing unexpected for this position. Presentation was a little different. The number of senior stakeholders which they wanted to include in the presentation mean't they struggled to find a time which worked. This included having to reschedule at the last moment to a different day due to one stakeholder being ill. Tricky for the candidate when they're having to book time off work to accommodate. The presentation itself was around exclusivity targets - which by their own admission were quite aggressive. It was indicated that you should spend no more than 4 hours on the presentation, but I found that difficult based on the depth of information they were requesting. Presenting felt like it went well - good questions from the panel. No feedback provided at the end, but I was told I would receive it in due course. I was later informed by the recruiter I wasn't successful and that Plum Guide Had filled the role internally. I have since been contacted by at least 5 different recruiters for the same role. I requested interview feedback to be in writing as I didn't have time to receive a call. No feedback was provided. Incredibly poor experience. High level of commitment asked from the candidate without any commitment to honesty or feedback by the business. Recommend candidates are cautious with this one.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at The Plum Guide (London, England, England)

Interview

Very thorough interviewing process with multiple steps before the final decision was made. The team are very selective and make sure they are bringing on candidates with the right characteristics/experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Plum Guide (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

A member of the team booked an interview with me and on the day didn't bother turning up. I followed up twice – no response. I then messaged another member of their team, to give the benefit of the doubt and see if wires were crossed – no response. Very odd experience to be completely honest and glad I got a feel for the company culture at this stage rather than down the line. Having looked through some of the other reviews it seems I'm not the only one that's had an unprofessional experience.

The Plum Guide

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Plum Guide

Interview

The interview was quite informal and felt like a real conversation. I was interviewed by one of the tech leads and the CTO, and they gave me the opportunity to talk through one of my side projects which demonstrated exactly the kind of things they were looking for. There were certain questions I didn't know the answer to but they really liked the honesty, and it was mostly about the thought process of how I would go about tackling the problem. I didn't feel like I was put on the spot, and overall felt it was a much nicer experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Plum Guide (London, England, England) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. First a quick phone call with the HR and then a f2f interview in their offices in London. A complete waste of time. The Job description was very inaccurate and didn’t reflect the actual role. The interviewers were unprofessional and very inexperience. They didn’t really know what to ask and they seemed bored during the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you test and improve the performance of a web page
2 people found this interview helpful

The Plum Guide

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Plum Guide in Aug 2019

Interview

Very short brief, listened more than I talked. The interviewer was very prompt and nice. I think they are expanding quickly and trying to talk to the most people possible.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews