The Queen Mary Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Queen Mary Interview Questions

Interviews at The Queen Mary

2.3

Parking Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Queen Mary.

Interview

Fast and easy. Nothing difficult to answer. Very friendly staff. Don’t be nervous. You will get the job. Show that your a hard worker once your in. Best of luck to you. I hope this helps someone some day.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Terrible application process. You can't quickly upload your info and then have to complete a 20-30 minute test during the application process before your application is even considered for an interview (who does that?). Left me a bad impression of the Queen Mary - no more future visits for me.

Interview Questions

• Which one of the four shapes does not belong with the other 3, etc .....   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and courteous. Starts off as a group interview, most of the interview questions are conventional. The management is looking for someone to be personable and perky, yet respectful and open to new ideas. No trick questions, or anything that was out of the element for hospitality is asked during the interview. Overall an easy interview as long as you can radiate personality.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary

Event Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Queen Mary (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Went through their weird online testing and was invited 3 weeks later for an HR phone screener. It's a list of pre-determined questions. The rep was very nice. We were short for time, so didn't really have time for me to ask questions. Basically just the basic layout of the team, the next steps, and salary expectations.

This role is not exempt from overtime and they do expect you to work a minimum of 5 hrs of overtime every week, so the starting salary is pretty low under the assumption they are working you non-stop in order to get to a more acceptable Producer level salary.

I didn't complete the interview process as I had another offer, but he mentioned it would be another 3 weeks until they made a decision and got through all the next steps with the candidates. So far just the application, personality/IQ test, and phone screener took a full month.

Interview Questions

• Not the exact wording obviously, but roughly these were the questions...
      1. What do you know about The Queen Mary?
      2. Why do you want to work for The Queen Mary?
      3. What's your time management style?
      4. Tell me about a time you had to change direction on the fly.
      5. Why do you like events?
      6. Tell me about a time where you needed to use creative solution for an event
      7. What is/are your greatest achievement(s)?
      8. What are the 3 most important aspects to an event?
      9. What's the most exciting thing about Queen Mary events?
      10. Tell me about your budget management experience   Answer Question

Parking Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a job interview at 8am and i got a call back from them at 11:12am to come in again to file out some paper work for HR and then to get drug tested and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Queen Mary parking cashier was super easy and all they ask you is "Why do you want to work here" and if you have any experience in the job that your applying for?   1 Answer

Monster/Scare Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview/audition process is pretty simple for the courageous, energetic and creative individuals. First, you sign up online for an audition time slot. Note: there is no actual formal interview, it's only an audition. You arrive to the location and you check in. Then, they take a head shot and you fill out some paperwork. After you are done checking in, you are asked to go join a group in a waiting area. During this time, you can listen to other auditions as they are in progress. After sitting for about 20 minutes, you are then split into groups of about 6-7 to "train" for the real audition. The trainer will go around to each person and make you do a "solo" where you act a monster (any monster of your liking) for about 1 minute. After you are done, she will provide you with useful feedback you can apply in your actual audition. Then, you go back to the waiting area and relax for a bit. Finally, the director and his assistant are ready to have us audition. The group I was in had approximately 10-12 persons. You show up to the room and they split you in two rows. First row goes up, they jog around for a bit and once they come around they act out their monster for the first turn, then the second turn the judge yells "you just walked in on your entire family being brutally murdered" third time around she yells "laugh like you just heard the funniest joke ever!" fourth time around "you have been on a deserted island for 3 weeks and I have food!" Next, the have you split into your own post and act as a monster in a maze. The second row gets up and act as guests. Finally, you are given a solo audition moment where you act out your monster and you need to maintain your cue until the director asks you to stop. They will not let you know then and there if you'll be cast. You will recieve an email a few days later if you're in or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will either extend you an offer for main cast or back up cast.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.