TomTom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TomTom Interview Questions

Interviews at TomTom

2.9

Interview

Phone interview with behavioural questions. There was no technical component. I just had a call where the interviewer asked me a number of questions relating to how I work in a team. They also asked what kind of position I would like to have within the internship team.

Temporary Employee Interview

Interview

Good procedure and also went through formally . Does not discriminate and everything was good .Simple questions were asked . I could not get selected .i would like to work for that company some day .

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TomTom (Provo, UT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Skype interview with two recruiters. Basic questions such as why I applied and what my skills are. It took me about 30 to 45 minutes, and they both seemed very nice. No pressure

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom in October 2019.

Interview

Went to the office as told, waited for 30 minutes at the front desk. They first briefly introduced the current situation of the branch. The process was about 30 minutes long, and not very many behavioral questions.

QA Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TomTom (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted many times via LinkedIn, email, and phone by a corporate recruiter selling me hard on what I determined is a struggling company with failed product lines, no direction, and low employee morale based upon other GD reviews. Needless to say, the process was very disingenuous with alot of over selling and under delivering with unnecessary steps along the way.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions reworded and repeated over and again to 'test me' and check my understanding of tech testing tools etc. many of which can be learned in a two hour training session or on the job quickly. No interest in me as a human being applying for the job. Very mechanical and 'fake'.   1 Answer

Team Supervisor - Farmington Hills Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TomTom in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by one member of the HR team to set up a phone interview with another member of the HR team. I did not receive a call at the designated time. I called and left a voicemail with the interviewer, who got back with me after the weekend apologizing that he was unable to call because he had the flu. He then asked me for availability to reschedule. I gave him times and he did not get back with me for a week. This time he apologized that he wasn't able to get back with me because he was at a conference. We finally reschedule the phone interview for 2 weeks after the original. He does not call again, at which point I call his phone and leave another message. I have not heard anything back from either member of the HR team at this point, despite leaving both of them voicemails after being stood up twice. The third member of the HR team's phone number has been disconnected. As someone with a professional recruiting background I cannot believe how badly this HR team has fumbled the most basic function of their job.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TomTom (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

By far, Tom Tom has the most unprofessional hiring process that I have ever witnessed from a company. At this rate, I can only imagine what it would be like to actually work for a company that doesn't value a candidates time. My experience with them started back in April 2018 where I was having discussion with one of their internal recruiters. When we first spoke I was excited about the role, I was also impressed with the high - level description of the projects I'd be working on. The pay and benefits was nice and in this case I would have been working at their newest location in Farmington Hills, MI. He sounded pretty confident that he'd be able to get me an interview with the hiring manager. So after our initial conversation and the LinkedIn requests, this recruiter went ghost on me. I followed up with him after a week had gone by and he didn't have anything of value to share with me. However, he did say that he would personally follow up with new news in the coming days. Well, that didn't happen either so I took it as a rejection and continued to apply for other roles. Whenever, I applied for a job at Tom Tom for some reason I would get a rejection immediately. So, three months later on today (July 25th) I receive an email for an interview requests with another one of their internal recruiters. This person stated that they would like to speak with me and I agreed. I sent over my availability for a conversation and waited to hear back. Well guess what? 2 hours later I received a random rejection from Tom Tom again. It was one of their stock email rejections about "how impressive you are just not impressive enough in our opinion for this gig" Then the actual recruiter sent an email after that one to let me know that they won't be moving forward with my candidacy. The job that I applied for was over 30+ days old and someone just got back today to invite me to an interview but rejected me 2 hours later. Very unprofessional, so since there is power in word of mouth and these reviews we post. Save your time and professional skillsets and devote it to a company that cares more about your time. Its time we as professionals hold these companies more accountable. People are looking for work - we don't have time for the childish games.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability to interview?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at TomTom (Farmington, NM (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

There is a reason why they have so many negative reviews. To give some background on my experience, I had been interviewing with them for the past 7 months. Yes, 7 months and it was all for the same position. I was contacted by an internal recruiter in April where we had a conversation about the role and some background insight on the team. The recruiter said that he'd be able to set up an in-person with the manager in a few days. That time had came and went, and even after following up I was still left in the dark. Months later he responded to reaffirm my interest, but had never continued with his end of the deal. More time passed, and he suggested that him and I get on a call to reignite the opportunity. From there, we spoke a week later when he said the position was put on hold. He said there was a conflict with the manager as he was traveling quite a bit. The recruiter had scheduled a time for myself and the hiring manager to finally speak. The date was set a week in advance but for whatever reason he cancelled it. So, our meeting was delayed for another 2 weeks from that date. Then for the first time in 6 months, the hiring manager and I finally had a conversation. When I spoke with the guy, the reception was terrible - it was almost as if he was speaking in a cathedral. His English wasn't all of that good either, so much for a 6 month process. Needless to say, I did my best but I was over the entire process at this point. Today, I finally got a rejection email from TomTom stating that I didn't get the job - personally I don't really care. It is unfortunate when you formulate a poor opinion of a company during the interview stage. Horrible experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

I was given a take-home test, which I don't generally mind. After spending about a day on it and sending it in, I got no response, and a followup wasn't returned either. Look, you reached out to me. You could do me the courtesy of at least sending a rejection letter.

I have a hard time believing my solution was so bad they didn't want to bring me in for an interview, but I have to assume that's what happened given the radio silence.

Interview Questions

• They essentially asked me to write a command-line tool for counting tokens in text, and similar analyses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom in March 2018.

Interview

It was cool just like any othe interview they ask you questions and you answer them. Interviewer was also cool. Hope i get the job i think i had a great interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.