Trafigura Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 154 of over 154 interviews

Recruitment Agency8%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Trafigura

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

Good and interactive.Quite fast and punctual 5 rounds in total each level was one bar raised. It had a written test as well and the entire process concluded in 2 weeks time.The recruiter was in constant touch and offer roll out was quicj

Interview Questions
  • situation based questions to test legal skill
    Answer Question

Trafigura

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

Up to 4 stages of interview, each stage has 2 sessions with two unrelated groups of interviewers. Completely depends on your luck for who happens to be available for the interview and how they are feeling that day and their connection with you as an individual. Obviously they will ask you trading fundamentals and basic questions regarding physical commodity handling so do your studying beforehand!

Interview Questions
  • What is the current price of copper?

Trafigura

Application

I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

Final interview will be conducted with 2 group of interviewers. Combination of traders and head of other departments. You will first need present on current market news around 15 mins, and then answering their questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trafigura

Application

I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

First HR round and second round technical. Further rounds might happen I will update it as and when it happens. The interview was on a tougher side. There were mental maths questions as well like 99/2 , sqrt of 624

Interview Questions
  • What is contango and backwardation. What is arbitrage and types of arbitrage. What is important factor of arbitrage apart from price. What does trafigura does. How does it make money. Types of crude oul products. Diesel is heavier or jet fuel. What would be 5 essential things in the contract while you enter into one( price , quantity, dekivery date etc) . How will you hedge selling a oil barrel 3 months from now. What are the risks involved in transfer of goods. In a normal fair market scenario the mkt will be in contango or backwardation

Trafigura

Application

I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

Interview was two rounds with a panel of two people each. Super technical for what is supposed to be a new graduate position. First two interviews seemed uninterested while the next two were more prepared and professional, actually referenced my resume. Go through their commodities demystified package and know every significant historical price point for the commodity and how it got there

Interview Questions
  • How long would it take you to walk to Uruguay?

Trafigura

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

Very kind and helpful HR. They asked normally the background and explain the not only the philosophy of the company but also the needs of the position. They respect the working hours and talked also for annually bonus.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Trafigura

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Trafigura in Apr 2022

Interview

Two rounds of group interview with local traders. mostly discuss about resume and past experiences. Also included some common behavior questions. Overall not on the very technical side. Took around 1 hour in total (25 min each)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trafigura

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trafigura

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and streamlined. Trafigura team was constantly in touch and shared feedback after every round which helped in preparing for the interview. I had 3 technical round and 1 hr round.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between WTI and Brent Why WTI is cheaper Contango and Backwardation Logical and HR Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, Attica

Application

I interviewed at Trafigura (Athens, Attica)

Interview

Normal process involved video presentation about background etc. Followed by single interview with light technical questions - letters of credit, dealing with counterparties, contango markets, storage plays and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I interviewed at Trafigura (Singapore)

Interview

The interview process was great. Trafigura made the process comfortable. I had an interview with a few people and went through multiple rounds. The background check took some time. But the overall process was really good.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Interviews