Travers Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Travers Smith Interview Questions

Interviews at Travers Smith

3.5

Vac Scheme Interview

Interview

the interview was hard, the guy interviewing me was lovely but the questions were challenging. Asked questions like 'if you could invite three people dead or alive to a dinner party who would it be'

Winter Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

The interview was very conversational. It was with a partner and lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was held after submitting an online application with cover letter. Other details are below.

Interview Questions

• It started with a discussion of why law, and why the firm. The partner asked follow up questions from this, and then moved onto a moral/scenario based question. I was asked which different teams/practice areas I would bring to a pitch to be a retained lawyer for a high street firm.   Answer Question

Vacation Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travers Smith.

Interview

One of the most friendly interviews I have ever had. Genuinely felt like they are getting to know you and see if you would fit in well with the firm

Interview Questions

• About current affairs and how the firm should approach them   Answer Question

Winter Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

One to one interview with a partner, lasted just over an hour, covered scenario based ethical questions, some motivational questions and commercial awareness questions.
    Very positive interview process conversational and friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why law
      Other firms applied too?
      Would you lie for your client?   Answer Question

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I had to submit a cover letter online.
    I then went for an interview in London. There were some competency questions, law questions and a debate topic. The interview was one to one with a partner.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview lasted just over an hour, was a discussion with a partner in which he laid out a scenario that created an ethical dilemma and asked how I would act in that situation, then asked me to argue what I thought about an issue the firm was dealing with at the time. Generally I was encouraged to argue my own point of view, and to stick with it and think on my feet when challenged. Talked about my experience also and was given opportunities to show commercial awareness.

Interview Questions

• How do you think law firms should structure their policies on internal relationships?   Answer Question

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Extremely difficult interview with lots of moral questions and counter questions. Intimate one on one setting with a partner that didn’t write anything down. Felt like a conversation more than an interview but very challenging nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• If you help defend a murderer are you an immoral person?   Answer Question

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Lots of moral style questions and debates. A lot more unpredictable than other law interviews, I wasn't asked why law or why travers at any point. Bear in mind that anything you bring up will likely be built on in the next question. Prepare by listening to moral maze and watching debates.

Interview Questions

• A question focused on investment management, the question was lengthy and you had to know lots   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online in October and was offered an interview in February. They messaged me after the deadline so they don’t choose candidates on a rolling basis. The interview lasted one hour and was with one partner whose name I knew in advance.

Interview Questions

• Why Travers Smith, what I do outside university (hobbies, activities etc) then continued to tell me about hypothetical scenarios and asked me what I would choose (eg would you rather let the government install CCTV cameras in your home or give them your DNA) etc   Answer Question

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travers Smith (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. The interviewing partner was very kind and friendly so instantly made me feel more comfortable. The interview consisted of some personal questions at the beginning, some questions testing your knowledge of the firm eg strong suits and international strategy of the firm, some situational judgement questions eg a contractual situation and how you would act

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a client to work with us instead of another firm?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.