Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,182 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Bolingbrook, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and the recruiter reached out the next day. I had a recruiter phone interview, then another joint phone interview with (2) hiring managers, about a week apart. I was invited onsite for many rounds of additional interviews including (2) group interviews, and (3) one on one interviews with corporate director and VP of job function. It ended with a wrap-up with one of the previous hiring managers.

Everyone was cordial, consistent, and professional. I felt engaged and at ease. Some interviewers had different styles of testing my critical thinking skills, which was a good challenge. All the interviews were more of a dialouge and conversation than flat back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question
    • Share a time where you had extensive collaboration in a team setting.   Answer Question
    • What is the best way you learn?   Answer Question
    • How do you prefer to communicate?   Answer Question
    • What is your thought process in handling competing deadlines?   Answer Question
    • What were some roadblocks you had to overcome in a successful project?   Answer Question
    • What personal skills do have bringing value to this corporate position?   Answer Question
    • In times of stress, how do you lighten the mood with your colleagues?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a story about your thought process for a specific project.   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2013.

Interview

Only one interview with the Director of Talent Acquisition. Discussed company culture, structure of the talent acquisition team and the scope of role and specific needs of the the team.

Interview Questions

• No real interview. Have know the Director for years and they were familiar with my experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Basic interview questions. They focus a lot on guest service and role playing situations. Be prepared to discuss how you would lead the team/leadership style. Also as a lot of questions about past experience based off of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest asked you about a skin care line that you knew nothing about and no one was around to help you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

short-they don't budge much on salary negotiations.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process took me six months. I had several interviews with the district manager. a phone interview with HR, and two additional interviews with ither store managers. the actual interviews were very normal compared to other retail manager interviews. Although I was interviewing for a General Manager position and was told that was the position I would be getting until it came time for the offer letter, where it stated my position as assistant store manager. disappointing, because I had invested six months into the interview process and had already made plans to relocate to a different city for the job. so i took the position. I had 13 years experience, and was treated like a child once I got there. Horrible.

Interview Questions

• All questions were normal retail manager interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a higher salary. which they took a day to get back to me on, and they met my requirement.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable. Asked me about previous work experience, how would I react in certain situations, any experience with their products and services I had, things like that. The manager was very positive and answered questions thoroughly. I applied online and they called me the next day. Explained the job and what I would be expected to look for and do. Discussed the hours I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience?
      Do you have experience with our store and/or products and service we offer?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager of Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was very easy, the manager was polite. After asking me a series of questions she told me I should answer the questions in a start, middle, and end try of way. The situation, how I handled it how it worked out. She also told me to think of how my role model manager would answer the question. It was about an hour long. My second interview with the District Manager was only 20 minutes. I introduced myself, talked about past work, and answered a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you created a solution to a problem at work   Answer Question
    • How would I handle a disagreement with an employee   Answer Question
    • How I would go about solving a problem in the work place   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by a recruiter, General Manager, and District Manager. I was asked similar questions by all three. Fairly straight forward interviews. Previous job experience, expectations, strengths and weaknesses. All interviews were over the phone, I interviewed with a General Manager twice, as I was applying to a store that hadn't opened yet.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Blue Springs, MO (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was quick, fun, and relatively informative. I was taken back to the manager's office and had a one on one interview with the general manager. She seems knowledgeable, but not extremely excited about her job or beauty, which I found confusing. She did mention a few private details about different employees, which was kind of unprofessional. She offered me the position on the spot, said she would be calling within 2 weeks with salary information, and then never called to schedule me. It was very strange.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not - my phone calls were not returned. I found out through other employees that the store was doing so badly, the position became unavailable.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Informal, laid back. For a management position a district manager will interview you and they already know what they're looking for. Most likely you got the interview because of an impressive resume so they're really looking for how you can speak to your resume stats and are you full of positive energy.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tukwila, WA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, waiting time was minimal. The interview was one on one with the General Manager and it lasted almost an hour. Got an offer right after the interview, and after some salary negotiations accepted the position formally about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.