Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1,346 Interview Reviews

2.1

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Sometimes with more than one person in the room. Just be friendly, show how you relate well with others. Be confident. Be yourself. They are looking for pleasurable people.

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy and comfortable. I received a phone call to come in. You answer a series of pre-determined questions. Team building seems important. If you pass this interview you will be called back for a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't meet your goals.   1 Answer

Beauty Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

quick and easy, ask about customer service, strength and weakness. be prepared and professional. dont necessarily need to be good at makeup, you could be good at skincare or perfume, whatever your passion is, make sure to do your research, theyll ask scenerio questions about what would you do in certain situations, also theyll ask your availability so have that prepared

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiter and District Manager were very professional. They are looking for managers that embrace Ulta’s core values.
    They are also very clear on what their goals are as a company but that you also have to be very open to change.

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was over skype, first round technical interview. They asked about Java, Selenium webdriver, testng, junit, api, etc. there were 2 guys, but only 1 asked questions. He was friendly, but asked some tough and challenging scenario based questions

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I walked into the store and just asked were they hiring. Manager told me to come in 2 days later for interview. Easiest Interview if you look the part. However manager quit before I officially started which was weird.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Bolingbrook, IL (US)).

Interview

No interview at all but went in through temp agency and saw my work.
    Offered job without interview based on production numbers hit while temp.
    Easy way is to go through temp during peak season,

Interview Questions

• None. If they did interview it would be about hitting production numbers and being a reliable person and team player. They focus on team players with a commitment to working hard while there.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

You receive a phone call and schedule an interview within days. And they ask basic questions like what do you do? The interview was not that long it lasted 10 minutes maximum

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on Indeed for the Retail Ops Manager and received a call back a month later. They said that the position I applied for had already been filled so they were wondering if I would be interested in the retail sales position. I took the opportunity and scheduled an interview.

When I got there, the GM was on lunch so he was about 10 min late for the interview. I understand things happen, so I didn’t mind. But the whole energy was off. The merchandiser that first greeted me looked so unhappy, rolling her eyes at a customer while ringing them up, the GM was late to my interview, and when we finally met, he was soooo unenthusiastic and monotone. Then the interview was conducted on the sales floor instead of a private area away from customers. We were sitting in front of the mirrors where customers try on makeup. He looked like he had never conducted an interview before and he wasn’t engaged in my answers. It’s as if he was just reading the questions off of a list and he wasn’t even paying attention to what I was saying.

At the end of the interview, which I thought went pretty well, he said he is still looking for other candidates so he will keep in touch. I’m not sure but the whole process seemed very low-energy and disorganized. Not sure how I felt about it all.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background and experiences.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had a difficult employee.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you had to take somebody under your wing and develop them. How did that end up?   Answer Question
    • Have you had a situation where your input on improving business was used, and if so, how did that impact the business?   Answer Question
    • What’s the biggest number of employees you have managed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy. Was asked a few questions about myself then asked to take the position on the spot. Accepted the offer for a seasonal beauty advisor and was put into the schedule by the next day.

Interview Questions

• What makes Ulta Beauty so great?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.