Uniting Ambition Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uniting Ambition

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uniting Ambition (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Good interview process. three stages. initial meeting for a coffee. 2nd interview with the team leader then power point presentation to two company directors. all with friendly people and not made to feel uncomfortable at all. (as much as possible)

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend describe you in three words.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uniting Ambition (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I was scouted via my CV online for an interview for another company by Uniting Ambition which did not proceed to interview. They then offered me an interview with their recruitment consultancy itself, to which I agreed as I'm trying to gain as much interview experience as possible.

This included a very lengthy speech from the company's managing director about how hard recruitment consultancy is, which is fine to warn the potential employee of its demands but I felt like he was trying to scare me off!

I was told that as a student (I have just graduated) that I hadn't had any 'real jobs' despite having 6 years of experience in various sectors alongside my education. I felt like I really tried to be as polite and warm as possible, but if I'm honest the whole interview was very patronising, concluding with the director telling me directly at the end of the interview they would not be advancing my application.

I understand I was not right for the role, but I requested feedback since working in recruitment they are specialists in hiring and overlooking candidates. I did not receive this.

Ultimately it could be a good company to work for if you're money-driven, but they were not interested in my eagerness to learn and my ambitious nature. If you don't want to give up a healthy work-life balance in favour of earning high commision, then do not apply here. It is a very demanding job with a high stress, high demand work culture. The director said himself that if you aren't willing to go to every length to get the job done, no matter how toxic or unrealistic, then recruitment consultancy isn't right for you.

Interview Questions

• Does the thought of earning a high wage motivate you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to devote as much time as needed to a client, even if it involves working weekends?   Answer Question

Uniting Ambition Response

22 Jul 2019 – Head of Marketing

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry that you felt patronised – this really isn’t our goal during the interview process. We try to respect our candidate’s time by being honest from the first time we meet. Following feedback from previous interviews, we’ve made presenting life as a Recruitment Consultant – both its rewards and its demands – a priority. It’s easy for employers to polish over a role, prioritising the company’s image over the future of the candidate in front of you. We want to be as transparent as possible with our candidates; but it looks like on this occasion we were a little strong. Thanks again for your feedback about this – we will take it on board for future interviews. For feedback or more details, please email info@unitingambition.com and a member of our team will be in touch. Regards, The Uniting Ambition Team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.