Universal Protection Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Universal Protection Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Universal Protection Service

1.7

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was semi formal with sales manager and branch manager and held within the ir offices. The second interview was held with the branch manager and the regional VP. The second interview was informal as it appeared that the VP was more interested in my soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      Why are you the perfect match for ops mamager?
      What are your strengths? What are your weakness es?
      Tell us about a situation were you had to deal with a disruptive employee?
      What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. It was explained that that the benefits offer in black and white were inflexible

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed after submitting a kiosk application. Interviewed a few more times for a supervisor position with both the branch manager and the client. Hired, uniformed, trained, and working in a fairly short amount of time.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Conklin, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

first round was phone call which was a managerial round , then they called for onsight interview on which was of 3 rounds one technical and one more HR. They asked about basic server related questions and my previous project related to job role

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

Initial phone screen. 2nd interview with hiring manager. 3rd interview with local and regional leadership. Made me feel very comfortable about realistic expectations. Came across as extremely knowledgeable about the security industry and the potential for future success.

Site Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview. There was a lot of situation leadership questions that if you've spent any time at all in a leadership role, would be no issue. Being a security company, they were obviously very military friendly. Interviewer did a great deal of talking, which made it easy. Just sit and listen attentively. One thing I did that did raise an eyebrow, is my interviewers perception of entry level security guards. More than one reference was made concerning their "lack of discipline" and the fact that I would be dealing with discipline problems.

Compensation

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I (female) arrived 1/2 an hour early. The appointment before me arrived 15 minutes late. The interviewer kept that (male) applicant in his office 1 1/2 hours. The interviewer then took me into his office and asked me 3 questions before he began continuously checking his phone. After checking the phone 5 times, he took a phone call and informed me that he had a situation on site he had to go to and would have to end the interview. He spent 15-20 minutes with me. He then stated I could call back to reschedule but offered no contact information, etc. I left and called the site two hours later to reschedule, having to leave a message. I left 3 more messages in the next three days and never received a response.

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a little hard but you have to say the right things. The lady who interviewed me isn't there any more due to medical reasons but she really didn't look interested in giving interviews.
    However I managed to get it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

It really wasn't a interview, more like hi can you start now kind of deals. It was fast and easy. All you did was go to the orientation, watch some videos, get called to be interviewed, and they ask to make a copy of your id and guard card. Then you got the job like I said pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by an employee, definitely not a manager. Interviewer read from a script, never asked any off-the-paper questions. Totally unprofessional, I had no confidence in his ability to interview or illict pertinent answers. Extremely disappointing experience in all, and did not receive a follow up on the interview. After 30 years in the security industry, this was a farce.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation you encountered and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Sacramento, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Brief, friendly, and to the point. I left the office full of confidence in my answers, as I had quite a bit of experience in the field and knew it was applicable to the job at hand. The interviewer was very low-pressure and ensured that the tone of the interview was accommodating to the setting.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.