University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University College London Interview Questions

Interviews at University College London

UCL Careers Interview

Interview

I was taken to a booth to complete a number of assessments on editable word documents. The documents consisted of questions related to how I would prioritize a list of tasks, how I would organise a calendar schedule and plan a day, time and task management, behavioral questions Once completed, I was interviewed by 3 panelists.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you have had to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (Telephone, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The telephone interview has been arranged on a very short notice. The interview itself was very rushed. I didn't feel I was given adequate time to answer the questions. Interviewer seemed disinterested of my previous job experience and didn't give me any opportunity to ask them any questions about the company. Very disappointing experience.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (Evanston, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself, show them your research work. Then they will ask some questions. some questions are based on your presentation and your research work. some are based on your career and your interests.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

I was interviewed by the principle investigator who was interested in my research, PhD and outside of academic experience. A friendly interview and made me look forward to doing the job.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to this research with your current research portfolio   Answer Question

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University College London in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was conducted via video conference calling. The first part was with 2 members for 30 minutes with a knowledge test, followed by a 20 minute interview with the rest of the panel.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced conflict in the work place, if yes what was the conflict and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University College London in April 2020.

Interview

I applied in December and they answered in April. The interview with two Doctors took aroud an hour and started with "we won't take too much time" and many words along the lines of "don't worry if you don't get a place, so many people want to get into our university, the process is so competitive".

Then the inteview felt more like a stress-test with questions not only about PhD, why you're applying and how do you see yourself in 5 years time, but also trying to prove that I should change my mind and not study there.

At some point I wasn't even sure why they are calling as they could have rejected my application on a much earlier stage :D

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back five days after the deadline, and I had a week and a few days to prepare. The interview was a panel interview with 4 people. They were very supportive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term plans?   Answer Question
    • What difficulties could you encounter researching with participants with mild cognitive impairment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation/intervention that didn't go as expected. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • You have an appointment to collect data at one of your participant's home. When you arrive, your participant with mild cognitive impairment doesn't remember you or that you had an appointment. What would you do?   Answer Question

Asbestos Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

A brief interview on asbestos management at the university and asbestos management. It went well, but the university went in a different - direction. Hopefully they'll hire me one day, who knows, see what happens.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

Brief interview with the line manager and another senior staff member, inteview was short and to the point, they also spoke on the phone with my mentor at my university in my home country

Interview Questions

• Previous research experience and publication history; since this was a research position, there was a big emphasis on previous research work   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Brief and friendly interview. I joined as a temp worker through Grays Associates agency as they have had a contract with UCL for years. Friendly manager and another admin assistant. they explained the department structure and the job role. They asked example questions to lead into your answers, they expect clear examples of what you did, why and the outcome, general structure for most interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked to expand on my work experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.