University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University College London Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2018

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (Evanston, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself, show them your research work. Then they will ask some questions. some questions are based on your presentation and your research work. some are based on your career and your interests.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Interview was done via email and phone given that I am not in the UK at the point of application. The department generally gives prompt reply and that is really appreciated given that I need to apply for visa and such.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a technical problem if it arises ?   Answer Question

Research Storage Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, everything was well organised. The interviewers were polite and friendly. They provide a good feedback for each candidate. They are interested in finding out if the candidate has the relevant experience for the post

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

30 minute assessment with pen and paper only (ironic as it was based in the IT department). Asked to draw out a project plan and Risk log.

Then formal interview was with a panel of 3. All were friendly and it followed a standard interview format; fairly formal as expected.

I have requested feedback but HR haven't responded; a little disappointing for an education provider (and especially considering the time spent preparing and the time and cost incurred travelling to the interview and the loss of one day's leave).

However it was good practice and failure is part of the process so to anyone who hasn't got a positive outcome to an interview keep going until you find your fit!

Interview Questions

• How to differentiate between something urgent but unimportant and something important but not urgent (and give an example).   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, a week before interview got an email saying I’d been unsuccessful then about 4 mins later got an email I’d been successful and the previous email was an error. Went to the interview (i was late by a couple of minutes since I kept missing my way and I was travelling during the peak period, Interview was set for 8:45), was taken to a room to do a 30 min assessment which was to prioritise work (not much detail given on the work) and create a work from home form (never seen one) and draft an email on behalf of the manager. Once the time was up, I was taken to the interview room (panel of 3) they introduced themselves and the lead gave an overview of the department and what the interview structure will be like. I was asked a bunch of questions, each interviewer asked a question. At the end I got to ask them question (I did 4) then there was a general admin question at the end about whether I had any holidays booked, my notice period and whether I was fine with the salary.

It was all questions on my experience, no question about why I wanted the job or want to work for them. Purely experience based questions which is linked to the job.

Heard back less than 24 hours after the interview saying I’d been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Any administrative processes I’ve used   Answer Question
    • When I provided good customer service   Answer Question
    • When I’ve worked in a team and what the pros and cons of working in a team   Answer Question
    • When I’ve had to chase up on something and I haven’t been able to get what I wanted   Answer Question
    • What type of work environment I would like to work in   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

only one round, a 10 mins talk and 30 mins for questions. You need to talk about how your previous experience match the new project and why you are interested in the topic.

Maths and Stats Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

no interview but good campus tour, people are friendly! good location and great experience, thats what i have experienced, enjoyed the campus life good good good. near many underground station.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Invited for a face to face interview with a panel of 3 interviewers. Very serious, not relaxed atmosphere. First 30 mins of the interview was a written skill assessment. Candidates were given two scenarios and asked how they would deal with each. The scenario I remember is listed below.

Interview Questions

• A serious adverse event has been reported to you by one of your trial sites. What steps do you take next?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online (UCL Website), Mid October.
    Interview shortlisted email received : 5 days later
    Panel Interview: 1 week later from receiving email
    Decision email: Early November

Entire process took about 3 weeks.
    Panel interview lasted about 1.5hrs.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of technical questions covering job duties.
      - Health and safety questions.
      - Have you inspired someone? How?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

I had to do a short test of skills involving tests of means and SDs using excel, I had to also highlight some problems on the spread sheet and explain why, and then this was then followed by a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you've come across in your previous experiences and describe how you dealt with it,   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.