University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University College London Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2018

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (Evanston, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself, show them your research work. Then they will ask some questions. some questions are based on your presentation and your research work. some are based on your career and your interests.

Ph D Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in July 2012.

Interview

it's not difficult, just asked about the research proposal. Two professors asked me questions about my research proposal, what your plan is in the future 3-4 years, what your methodology is, how you can get the data, ect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Invited for a face to face interview with a panel of 3 interviewers. Very serious, not relaxed atmosphere. First 30 mins of the interview was a written skill assessment. Candidates were given two scenarios and asked how they would deal with each. The scenario I remember is listed below.

Interview Questions

• A serious adverse event has been reported to you by one of your trial sites. What steps do you take next?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

The intervieww process consisted of three stages: video assessment, personality test and online assessment. The video assessment was a little bit awkward but you just need to make you do not seem like you are reading any notes and make sure you look at the camera otherwise they will reject you; you do not need any preparation for the personality test as it is quite straightforward and the online assessment simply consists of easy competency questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit more about yourself, what is your motivation and what skills can you bring to this role   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Was all last minute from them and very rushed. they come across as never really interviewed people before. I chased for a response after the interview and never even got a yay or nay email. very rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this job   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

A panel of 4 interviewers. Told at the end of the interview that this was the 1st stage of a two stage process. I thought this was very unprofessional! This information should have been given when the job was advertised or at the offer of an interview. The next informal stage required another panel of people who had no idea what my job would entail or how their work would impact my role. Then a test and a third stage interview. All this for a £27K job!

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in August 2009.

Interview

Submission of CV and letter of interest - shortlist invited interview with panel of 3 faculty members (line manager, dept director, outsider)

Interview Questions

• How will the position help you achieve your long-term goals? and What can you contribute?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little negotiation for this level position at UK universities. Salaries stick very close to determined scales.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (City of London, England) in June 2011.

Interview

ok!

Interview Questions

• It seems you have lots of teaching experience in various contexts. Could you highlighting some of your memoriable teaching situations please?   Answer Question
    • Ask me to lecture/explain an academic economics problem.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed by a Panel of three Head of the Department, Team Leader and an HR professional. Asked about previous job. Specific questions about how I meet the person specification for the role.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London in September 2017.

Interview

Took a while to hear back from them after applying online, but the interview was pretty standard, why did you apply, where do you want to be in 5 years. How they asked the questions made it obvious they were looking for someone with a lot of experience outside of university

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.