University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University College London Interview Questions

Updated 22 Nov 2017

3.1

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (Evanston, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself, show them your research work. Then they will ask some questions. some questions are based on your presentation and your research work. some are based on your career and your interests.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

only one round, a 10 mins talk and 30 mins for questions. You need to talk about how your previous experience match the new project and why you are interested in the topic.

Maths and Stats Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

no interview but good campus tour, people are friendly! good location and great experience, thats what i have experienced, enjoyed the campus life good good good. near many underground station.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Invited for a face to face interview with a panel of 3 interviewers. Very serious, not relaxed atmosphere. First 30 mins of the interview was a written skill assessment. Candidates were given two scenarios and asked how they would deal with each. The scenario I remember is listed below.

Interview Questions

• A serious adverse event has been reported to you by one of your trial sites. What steps do you take next?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

I had to do a short test of skills involving tests of means and SDs using excel, I had to also highlight some problems on the spread sheet and explain why, and then this was then followed by a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you've come across in your previous experiences and describe how you dealt with it,   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University College London (London, England).

Interview

It was Face to Face interview. The day began with an introduction to UCL and then interviews were called in groups of 15. Then one by one student was interviewed by professors.

Research Assistant (Psychology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview two weeks after application submitted online. The panel included four people (one admin staff, a PhD student, a Research Associate and a Professor). The interview was fairly laid back and and lasted 30 minutes. Each person on the panel asked at least one question.

Interview Questions

• What is a potential challenge for the role of Research Assistant on the project?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Was all last minute from them and very rushed. they come across as never really interviewed people before. I chased for a response after the interview and never even got a yay or nay email. very rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this job   1 Answer

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

A laid-back but focused interview on my experience, what new things I could bring to the role, what skills I have, and also areas of discussion about what I'd like to do in shaping the role.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you were under pressure but showed exemplary service.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Application process took 4 weeks total.

I applied through the website and I was called back for an interview a couple of weeks later, saying there is no need for me to prepare anything (eg. presentation).

At 5pm the day before the interview, I get an email saying that I will have to do a computer-based analysis test right before the interview. I suppose they wanted me to do no specific prep, but it was a bit cheeky to give me half a day's notice.

The test wasn't too hard anyway (excel based) and was followed by a 20 minute interview (3 people panel). I was asked questions about my previous research projects, about the current vacancy and about how I'd respond to certain job-related situations.

I was told I would get an answer within a week. I got an email around 10-14 days later, saying that I didn't get the job.

Regardless, the atmosphere was quite relaxed and the panel wasn't too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous research project   Answer Question
    • Questions relating to participants for the current project, how I would act in recruiting and testing phases   Answer Question
    • (since it was a part time position) What would I do the remaining weekdays?   Answer Question
    • What was a challenging situation I've faced and how did I get through it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.