University of Dundee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at University of Dundee

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied online, then invited to a 15 minutes Microsoft team interview with 2 interviewers (pre-shortlisting type interview), then invited to full panel interview and asked to present on a topic followed by technical and behavioural type questions. At the end of the interview no feedback was given.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in December 2019.

Interview

Questions from the 1983 HR handbook. Can you think of time you used your initiative etc Can you say how you have over come adversity. How would you deal with challenging staff

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Dundee in January 2019.

Interview

General chat and scenario questions to get a chance to reflect personality! Also a skills test is carried out! Just a general chat and a few basic questions asked

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone asked you to do something but you had to do something for your senior member ?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview invitation in about two weeks. Got 30 min Skype interview with the PI and a team member. Overall was great. They asked me about my research experience, my career plan, why would I want to work in this team, how I would approach certain research issue.

Got rejection 5 weeks later. The PI wrote me an email and told me it was very competitive and they already appointed someone else.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with time pressure and fast pace work environment   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied on the University of Dundee website and completed the online application form. I was invited for an interview with a 3 person panel where I was asked a mixture of competency based questions and also questions relating to my previous experience. Also how my previous experience would fit in with the duties advertised for the role.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging aspect of the role to you?   Answer Question

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

I was greeted at the reception by an existing team member, shown around the offices, offered water and then shown into the interview room where there was a panel of 3. The panel members introduced themselves, explained what form the interview questions would take.

Interview Questions

• What is the journey of the undergraduate and how could I assist them.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online via The University of Dundee's recruitment page. Was invited for an interview after closing date via email. I was given of interview times/dates and I had to confirm by selecting the most appropriate slot.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you overcame a problem at work?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after the closing date was invited to attend an interview. It was a panel with 4 members of staff, each representating different stakeholders. I was asked to prepare a presentation in advance. I was specifically told not to use visual aids - an instruction I ignored! The first 15 minutes of the interview was given over to the presentation, and then there were 45 minutes of fairly informal questioning. The panel made me feel very welcome, and when they offered me the role I was happy to accept.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Dundee in December 2014.

Interview

It started with a 10 min skype interview screen and followed by an on-site interview.
    On-site interview starte with a chat with a lab member, a presentation and interviewed by an interview pannel, a lunch or coffee with group members, 1:1 interview with the line manager, and a quick lab tour.

Interview Questions

• Asking for a presentation including a research proposal, technical questions, how do you see yourself in 5 year time   Answer Question

PhD Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland) in September 2014.

Interview

I had to give a 20 min presentation on previous experiences with a panel interview, followed by 1:1 interviews with all the panel members. Lasted a full day, from lunchtime until afternoon, then followed by tour of the facilities

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do a PhD?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.