University of Liverpool Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.6

Sort:

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Heavily focused on the technical skills needed for the position.
    Also general questions such as why liverpool, why this department and what are my future career plans. A presentation was not required

Interview Questions

• Why Liverpool university?
      Where do I see myslef in 5 year?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in May 2013.

Interview

The interviews lasted over two days. On day one, I met some members of staff and have a presentation on my research plans and how they would contribute to the University’s over all plan. On day two, I had a standard interview with a panel of 5 people from various levels in the University.

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Liverpool in August 2010.

Interview

I met with a Lecturer of the department I was hoping to join. It was an informal meeting and we simply chatted about what made me want to study geology. After which, she said I would most likely have a place and that was that

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England).

Interview

I had a challenging interview for a PhD I didn't get which was in the same department. The interviewer called me afterward saying that I was very good, but there was an interviewee who had more experience. Kindly they recommended me for the next PhD I applied to.

The interview process was incredibly relaxed, very much like they (two of my would-be supervisors, a DNA buff prof. and a clinical trials specialist medic) had already decided that I had the PhD. They asked me a few general questions about the subject, some I struggled to answer, this was fine.

After the interview they showed me around the lab and then shook hands.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge in the treatment of cancer is?   Answer Question

PhD Studentship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Liverpool in September 2013.

Interview

Two supervisors from academic and industry asked some general questions related to the project, such as the fundamental knowledge and related issues. There were also some inform and relax talkings about my previous experiences and stories, a good interview and well organized process.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in August 2011.

Interview

generic interview with presentation and panel discussion. presentation was on what research i had done in my doctorate, industry links which I developed and experimental skills. Interview questions followed from the presentation and was more on technical areas, use of equipment and supervision of students. other questions about collaborations and funding agencies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much of negotiation. it was more in terms of start dates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in July 2015.

Interview

I have met four researcher include the research leader. I have done a presentation about what i have done during my phd period also how my research experience related to the job. Besides, I also have plan for future research directions. They asked some questions about the works I have done before and some technical problems as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in July 2013.

Interview

Advertised online, apply via email, just one skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult enough given the job description and quallifications demanding for these kind of posts   Answer Question

Ask for a better one and I got it!

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Sent the CV and get the invitation for an interview a month later, was also asked for a short presentation. I went to the interview and got the offer right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Who you will be seeing yourself after 5 year time?
      And some sort of technical questions.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted a detailed CV listing all my specific skills and publication list and was called to be interviewed by a panel of four academics. The discussion was mostly about skills and what my previous research experience was and how that could fit to the presented research project, followed by a discussion about career prospects and how I would like my career to develop. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Which piece of previous work from my list of publications did I feel had taken a lead on.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.