UserTesting Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 86 of over 86 interviews

Recruiter11%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

UserTesting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserTesting

Interview

10 min chat with recruiter who knew almost nothing about the role. Didn't send an agenda for the next chat with the HM. 30 min portfolio review with HM 1 hour portfolio review with a wider team (5~6 people) Several 1 on 1s with designers, writers, VP design HM was pleasant to talk to, as well as most of the interviewers. However, all the 1o1s were unstructured + conversational, completely open to subjective opinions and bias (honestly, the entire team was White which was alarming). Some interviewers asked questions that weren't relevant for the level of the role. Recruiter never got back to me with questions I asked, and was by far the most unprofessional and lazy recruiter I've ever come across, ridiculous.

Interview Questions
  • What's your favorite design and why? 🙄
    Answer Question

UserTesting

Application

I interviewed at UserTesting

Interview

Me contactaron por LinkedIn tuve una entrevista remota, todo fue muy rápido y muy correcto. Te escuchan y te evalúan, toman nota y te llaman en unos cuantos días, eso es todo.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UserTesting

Application

I interviewed at UserTesting

Interview

2 interviews, 1 with senior engineers, 1 with a director. The interviews were ok, the first interview was more technical, and the second was more business-oriented. The interviewers described the project the intern would be working on (since it was not mentioned in the job description). It was an interesting project but it was clear that they have yet to fully decide whether to do the project or not, not to mention a concrete plan for the project nor for the intern. I was ghosted after the interviews, with no decisions and no response to emails. This is not good, especially knowing that all their recruitment emails are automated using greenhouse.io, it takes one button press to notify the candidates of the decision. I might not be the best candidate, but everyone deserves some basic respect.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UserTesting (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in May 2021

Interview

Walk through one main project from your portfolio from start to finish including your research findings, user testing results and happy/sad path. Then open discussion about your project and some other technical questions come in.

Interview Questions
  • What platform or UI pattern do you follow/use? How do you collaborate with stakeholders or other people? And some questions related to my project

UserTesting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserTesting in May 2021

Interview

I met with an initial interviewer who just asked me some questions about my CV and experiences and then an interview with the line manager of the role. The second interview was to gain an idea of whether I had enough experience in the area that they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me why you are the most suitable person for the role?

UserTesting

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UserTesting in May 2021

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn for this opportunity, from start to finish the process took about 3 weeks. 1) Initial outreach from recruiter + call, 2) Video call with two peer team members 3) Video call with hiring manager 4) Video call with VP 5) Final round -- role-play customer presentation (prompt was given a week ahead of time for prep) In general all conversations were quite casual and conversational vs. STAR method questions ("Tell me about a time when...") Everyone was very friendly and welcoming! Each person I spoke with seemed genuinely interested in the experiences I shared, and very approachable for questions at the end of each round. The team was also very flexible with rescheduling the final presentation round for me, after a mishap with my email filtering out the prompt description message somehow. Presentation was the most challenging step, but even this was manageable as the team seemed to be looking more at evaluating your thought process and how you approach customer problems, vs. getting everything "correct". Just make sure you do the research and put aside a little time to actually prepare (lots of great informational materials on the UT website).

Interview Questions
  • Example of a customer that was at risk of leaving - describe your strategy to keep their business.
  • How do you approach getting buy-in from key stakeholders at the companies you support?

UserTesting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserTesting

Interview

Nice people, very engaging, want to see you succeed but also ask tough questions in regards to your previous background and critical thinking skills. Would a bso lutely rec omm end

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The process took a few weeks. - Started with a recruiter call. Even though they found out they can't reach my pay grade, they wanted to proceed with my candidacy (making me think they will get somewhat closer to it). - First technical round: kid stuff (just know some OO basics) - Second technical round: kid stuff (basic Javascript questions) - Culture fit round: some interviewees creeped me out during this round (immediate rejection on my end). - Meet with the manager. Never seen candidates gets this level in other companies got rejected. Advice to others: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

UserTesting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserTesting in Mar 2021

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter Virtual interview by hiring manager Virtual interview by CFO & Sr HRBP Ghosted on interview with Chief People Officer & hiring manager with no notice given or follow-up feedback

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

UserTesting

Application

I interviewed at UserTesting

Interview

I made webpage review (it is given a set of instruccions like activate night mode or find the button of "wallet"), and then you wait to know if they allow you make further reviews

Interview Questions
  • The process is simple they do not give you an interview, it is just a test
Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Interviews